2010 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (36 reviews )
Incredible Car
By chriss on 11/08/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in a Lexus ES350 for the new Taurus. This car is incredible and blows away the ES350. The turbo engine is so smooth and quiet nobody including the driver would even guess it is turbo charged. The handling is great for a full sized car and would put many small cars to shame. The interior is nice. I'm 6'2" and the seats are absolutely perfect for me. The interior materials are great and comparable to many luxury cars. The hands free Sync system is absolutely awesome ans works great with my iPod and phone. The safety and technology features are invaluable. Once you experience the collision warning, blind spot warning, and adaptive cruise control, you will never want to go back.

Impressed
By Southman_70 on 10/16/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I went from a 2008 Lexus ES 350 to a 2010 Taurus SHO. I am impressed by the quality of work and the craftsmanship. I having been hearing "Oh you went from a Lexus to a Ford" that is before they see the car,the features and the ease of use which I have to admit Lexus did poorly with their voice command system. The car cost around the same as the Lexus when I got it about a year ago. There are somethings missing on either car but can't have it all. A few years ago I would not even recommend a Ford but times have changed. It is worth money. Cheaper is better without losing quality but why complain about it if you are willing to spend much more on an import that offers a lot less.

Flawed head restraint design
By Kurt on 10/09/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The head restraint is unbearable for me. For some it is fine so be sure you test it well. It took me an hour to figure out I can't drive this car but it was too late. Ford's position is that it was done for safety and government regulation. That is all true but the headrest design is flawed. I love the drive and performance overall, unfortunately will need to get rid of the car because of the torture of sitting in it.

Almost Perfect
By arlen on 10/06/09 16:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Here is a car that has the room and class of most luxury cars, has more technical features than any other car in it's class (and more than most others period). It has better performance than a Mustang GT and I got 29.7 mpg on a recent trip from Michigan to Arizona. Obviously, the neatest thing is the performance. With the torque curve absolutely flat at 350 lbs. ft. from 1500 to 5500 rpm, acceleration is spectacular in any gear. I have a 2008 Lexus IS 350 (not slow) and the Taurus is far more fun to drive.

Great Car
By Tom on 10/05/09 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased the new Taurus SHO. Black on Black; loaded. The first thing I notice was the quality of the car... Fit, finish, looks and ride quality. I had a Cadillac CTS 2008. This car blows it away in comfort, performance and overall ride. The engine and drive train are first rate! Sync system is great,, I have the NAV which works very well. Pound for pound this is a great car for the money. Trust me and drive one, you owe to yourself. Concerns: Remote start option, better graphics on the nav HD...

Ford really has a winner here.
By keithm on 09/12/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought a fully loaded SHO. Extremely fast without the "floaty" feel of the '08 Sable that I traded in. The Sable was a great car, but I wanted some real sportiness. It has the Platinum tricoat finish, which looks great. The interior is the Charcoal/Umber color combo usually seen in the brochure. I didn't come with the Performance package (which prevents getting Adaptive cruise, Rainsense wipers, among other options). I guess the performance package gives you stiffer suspension, summer performance tires (meaning you need winter tires up north) a little faster off the starting block (though this car is among the fastest I ever drove). Can't justify the additional 10K for the Lincoln MKS.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sho in NJ is:

$184 per month*