Used 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

You must drive this car
By LOVELYMSBIG

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a pleasure to drive this car! It is beautiful inside and out, and the sync just makes it over the top. We have back up sensors, which add a huge relief in parking lots; sync, salesman even hooked both of our cell phone up and it already has our phone books in it. We love Sirius radio and are thrilled that we can hear it in the new car too! We chose the steel blue (2011 will be Kona Blue---very bright) with black interior. The one word I would use for it inside is stunning. My sister bought an 2011 Avalon about a month ago, and the interior of this vehicle rivals it. We chose not to have leather though. You must test drive this one!

Favorite Features

SYNC; comfortable seats; cool dials and gauges; doesn't need a cap on the gas, and the very smooth and quiet ride. I didn't think we'd love this car so much!

Suggested Improvements

Please Ford, make the lower end vehicles more available. We drove 52 miles to the worlds biggest selling ford dealership. They were the only ones that had more than 3 Taurus on their lots, most of the others had one Sho and one expensive SEL. To have an SE with a low base price if one cannot find 1

Marginal Quality
By Davd Hert

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far in the first 6000 miles I have had to take the car in 3 times. Once in the first 25 miles for an alignemnt issue and again at 4700 miles for a tire failure and again at 5400 miles for a tire sensor monitor failure. The first repair was taken care of okay. Had to wait 4+ hours for the repair as the had to take the front end of the car apart to get the alignemnt right. The 2nd and 3rd issue(s) Ford has failed to stand behind thier warranty or their product...based on my early on experience with this car I would recomend looking at some of the foreign competition before getting one.

Favorite Features

Nice stlying and lots of features come standard

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality. This must be one of those cars that slipped through the quality "cracks" that remain at Ford...reminds me of the Ford of old...maybe some things never change...like the say FORD "Fix Or Repair Daily"

Company car
By kman

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

12,000 miles so far. Driver's seat needed lots of fine tuning to get comfortable. Tranny feels confused when slowing and accelerating with cruise. Tach races when slowing. Great looking. Good handling. Poor visibility, espescially backing. Needs rear parking assist. Good gas mileage for power. Excellent traction control and braking. LOW ground clearance in front, be careful. Could use a few more options for price. I think I like the characteristics of the 2009 "grandpa" model a little more. No name tires have been good, so far.

Favorite Features

Handling is very good. Mileage is good, considering power. Styling is attractive. Big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is very poor. Rear park assist should be std. Not many bells and whistles for cost. Tranny makes me nervous for the long haul.

Decent so far
By GUNGHO

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my 06 mustang gt and got the taurus. They only had a black exterior and black interior limited in my area so I bought it. Mistake indeed. Never owned a black car before and WOW!!! wash it in the morning and its filthy by days end. Anyway the black interior plastic looks horrible in sunlight. The sony stereo isnt very good. radio sounds better then CD's, Ipod and Sat. strange. Drivers seat is uncomfortable no matter how I adjust it. Passenger seat is comfortable. again strange. Rear deck under rear window rattles from stereo bass and over bumpy roads. Dual climate doesnt work. and nasty smell from AC. Engine whines a little under normal load.

Favorite Features

fun to drive at night because you cant see the cheap plastic interior parts. Ambient light is cool. Nav with sync is best feature. engine is quiet. No road noise. Good aceleration at highway speeds. Decent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Less trunk and more back seat room. Cooled seats should cool the entire bottom and not just the middle part. better stereo. Better interior materials.

Love it!
By racebannon

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Just bought it last month, traded in a Mercedes C Class b/c the family is growing and I needed a roomier car. Drive is smooth and quiet. Test drove at least 10 larger/luxury sedans including Mercedes E350, Audi A-8, Dodge Charger, Nissan Maxima and kept coming back to the Taurus. For the money, you get the best performance and most features. The sync system is great, love the way the car handles and drives. Has plenty of power, interior is great, opted for the leather. The trunk is HUGE. I'll have no problem hauling kids and all their gear around in this battle cruiser.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet ride. Comfortable seats. Power and handling. Exterior styling (beefy and aggressive). Trunk size, sync system.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility is poor. Only had the car a month so can't comment on reliability yet.