2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Best car
By servicechic on 03/19/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car I just had to drive it. Once I did I had to buy it. It feels like a luxury vehicle inside and out. The price for what you get I very acceptable. I think if the salesman can get people to drive this car it will sell itself.

Love this Car!
By rainbows6 on 03/12/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 3 cars, 05 Prius (commute car), 09 BMW Z4 (fun zip car) and our new Taurus Limited (long trips & spouses everyday car). The Taurus fit and finish is on par with the BMW. If I could get into the HOV by myself I would steal the car from my wife. I have had more positive comments about the Taurus than the Z4. In 2001 I was a Ford salesman, thought the Taurus was utilitarian and boring. This is not your fathers Taurus! I love driving this car, it's comfortable and has a cavern for a trunk. Ford without a doubt is back from the brink, they hit a home run with this car. Easily competes against BMW 5 series, Lexus Mercedes etc... more technology and significantly less cost.

Chevy to a Ford
By Vicki on 03/10/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned GM products all my life. This Taurus beat the Impala & the Lacerne in terms of ride, quality by miles. Love the ride, handling & power of this car. Reasonable Price too.

This is a FORD???
By dfurgs on 02/23/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never considered myself a "Ford Guy". I drove the Camry and the Taurus and I chose the Taurus. I was really amazed with myself. I had my mind set that the Camry would blow the Taurus away. It didn't happen. The Taurus blew the Camry away! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!! The only complaint I have is the center console is too close to my right leg. ford could have made the center console smaller and more ergonomic. Not that big of a deal!!! I tell everyone this car is as close to a BMW as you can get. The price tag is nothing like a BMW. Go drive one and see for yourself. Ford has brought quality back to DETROIT. AAAA++++ for the NEW Taurus.

Best Taurus ever
By Tom F on 02/18/10 14:02 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Taurus, my first non wagon. The other two were very good in all respects but this one is the best! The style,interior, quality and available features are great. It rides well with little road noise so you have to watch your speed. I have received many compliments on this car.The trunk is huge without dropping the seatbacks.

The best car I've ever owned
By rjkid on 02/01/10 11:20 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best handling car I've ever owned.It's fun to drive and has a very smooth ride. Both the interior and exterior of the 2010 Ford Taurus rival much more expensive "luxury" models. Great work Ford!

Henry would be proud!
By oldtarheel on 01/28/10 20:02 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good job Ford - great car! Just drove 1000 mile trip through mountains and got 28+ mpg at 70-75 mph - terrific for such a big heavy car! Great handling, comfortable seats, smooth ride. Love the SIRIUS radio. I don't get some of the comments about the csr being cheap? Ford got it right this time.

Love this car ...
By Mike on 01/21/10 05:46 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was the first car to be sold from the dealership. I was apprehensive with my experience with Escape. But I saw it loved and wanted it. This is a very comfortable car and spacious. I luv the seats, compared to the wimpy seats of imports. Love the paddle wheel shifters, real easy to use. SYNC works well enough with my iPhone and has been fun for kids and us. The interior, lighting and features are more like Lincoln than conventional Ford. So we get the luxury at a bargain. Trunk is humongous and kids love rear seat space.

Fix The Interior And It's A Winner
By Nicky T on 01/14/10 10:32 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior design on this car is lacking. The center console is WAY TOO BIG and wastes a lot of valuable space. I wish I had taken the time to rent one before I bought this but unfortunately I'll have to put up with the interior the way it is. Otherwise, it is a really solid car

Tough Grader/Good Vehicle
By Oldnavycdr on 01/12/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The scores given above are relative to world class vehicles so understand that I'm fairly tough. Overall, I am delighted with the Taurus. The ride is smooth, the steering is nicely weighted -- especially for an electric steering system, it is very quiet, and front seating is extremely comfortable - - in town or on the road. And trunk passes the 3 golf bag test. It does fall down in rear seat room and headroom although I'm less concerned because I do the driving! Materials used in the storage console are very poor and cheapen an otherwise quality interior. Perhaps extend the wood grain theme here and stiffen the structure. But most of all create more storage! Shift paddles are stupid.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*