Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

My Dream Ride
By BReed

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had 1988 Sport Thunderbird and nothing has compared to my T-Bird, until Now! I LOVE this car. I opted for all the Bells and Whistles, except for the DVD Navigation. I do however, suggest that every new Taurus owner invest in BLIS. This car does have some blind spots that you really have to adjust to, so BLIS is a necessity as far as I am concerned! The trunk is even every families dream. Did I mention that "I LOVE THIS CAR!" as well as MANY other drivers, I have Never had so many people compliment me on my "Nice Ride" (regardless of age) as in this car!

I love the Body Style, the Trunk, the Sony Stereo System, the Heated and Air Conditioned Seats and last but least of my favorites would be the BLIS!

The angle of the headrest and a fix to allow the transmission to adjust during downhill speeds while using Cruise Control. It really revs the engine into a very high level of RPM before it downshifts the trans. This can be very annoying on a hilly Interstate! Example:I68 in/or around Cumberland,MD!

Great car
By garyg

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my SHO for 7 months and like the car better every day. No defects, no service needed, great performing sedan. Mine has the multi-contour seats with massage which I never thought I would use but have grown to enjoy. The adaptive cruise and blind spot alerts work flawlessly. Originally I bought this as a third car, one that I could trade off with my wife for commuting or go into the mountains for skiing. My main driver was a Porsche. This car is so good on the commute, I am afraid to let my wife try it for her commute. I don't think I would get the car back. Every guest in the car has been equally impressed.

Multi-contour seats, adaptive cruise, rear camera and parking alerts, seamless low-end power, stereo, Sync, Bluetooth integration, quiet, collision avoidance, fuel economy

A few added inches of rear leg room

Ford sho babyboomer new muscle car
By mikev

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 3 muscle cars back in late 60s, early 70s. The SHO is the luxury version of those. It's lightning fast for a big car and handles amazing easily. Every guy who looks at the interior says one thing, What a Cockpit! I did have to add some side detailing as I didn't want a sleeper I wanted everyone to know it was a SHO. Pickup is amazing smooth giving the fact it's turboed. Had a turboed Mazda before with front wheel drive only & was dangerous. Love the soundproofing although miss the rumble of a true muscle car. Love the Sony sound system. Wanted a car built in America so coming out of Chicago was very important. Gas mileage is only negative although knew it going in. All I can say is WOW

Styling is great, a real head turner. Love the all wheel drive with the turbo no violent steering issues. Quietness of it is amazing. Driving on the highway at 70, no road noise at all. Favorite feature is of course 365 HP.

Headrest lean forward too much. Vision out the back is not very good, but rear sensing helps. Decal package option. I had to have it done myself. Who in there right mind would want to hide the fact that it's a SHO. Nothing outrageous like the Chargers just something on the rear side panels.

Anyone else have issues with sho
By can not find problem

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car last year 10/09. Have had it in the ford dealership for same problem 4 times, transmission downshifts at all different speeds. Feels like transmission is going to fall out of car. Can hear big thunk and feels like car downshifts. Is anyone else having this issue. Dealership can not figure this out, very upset and unsafe. Every time we bring it in, it does not do it for dealership

can not love a car you do not feel safe in.

Love my Taurus
By lglass

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.