2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 4

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2010 Taurus Limited FWD
By jdydiesel on 04/29/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife this car 3 nights ago, as of right now all I can say is WOW! I would drive this car 24-7 if I had a choice. I might just have to go get one myself. The exterior styling is second to none on the market and the interior is huge, comfortable, and makes you want to stay in the car.

Miss my Acura TL
By JR on 04/27/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In these tough economic times, I felt guilty driving an import. Sold my Acura to my brother-in-law, and purchased a Taurus. I like the roominess, but I question the reliability. Stalls out every time I fill the tank, and struggles in shifting gears for the first 20 miles or so after a refueling. At this moment, it is in the shop for a second time in two months to address this problem. In five years, I never needed anything beyond oil changes for my Acura...in five months, the Taurus has been in the shop 3 times....can you say lemon law?! God Bless America, but one should still be wary of her cars. I miss my Acura, and I'm going back to imports!

This is a good car
By Rob Good on 04/24/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My BMW 328 is in the shop and this is my rental for over a month. I had a SHO back in '92 and loved that car, but had come to see standard Taurus as mediocre. I was not prepared for how much I like this car. This is a big car, with swagger and enough power in the standard models to move. Better than my Beemer? No, but if I was buying new I would take a long look at the new SHO. The model I have is a Limited and is by itself pretty damn good. Kudos to Ford. And they didn't need a dime of my taxes!

Great car except for the rear legroom
By pomp on 04/22/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My criteria was a large sedan with a big trunk and AWD made in the USA. Previous car a 2007 Caddy Deville. I want minimum road feel. I was worried about the low sidewall tires(45). They are OK. Still potholes punch through but overall the ride is very quite, as good as the caddy. Trunk space is voluminous but the opening is small and the floor has a well which your golf clubs strattle.The drive train is smooth. never hear engine revs. LTD comes with paddle shifters which are completely useless. Never use them. maybe the SHO crowd thinks there cool. Rear seat legroom is ridiculous for this size car. Front seats have to be half way fwd to give min. legroom for the rear.

Best Ford I've ever owned (since 1955)
By Mr.Bill on 04/18/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery on October 1st, I think it was one of the first in Houston. Saw the next one three weeks later. It's the best American car I've owned, and so far (9,500) as good as my Acura RL, Infinity Q45, and BMW 5 series. It has to be one of the best values in America. Absolutely ZERO problems in 6 months and 9.000 miles. Only complaint is the BIG Ford emblems tattooed all over. Get some class like the Germans and Japanese and use small name badges. Tight body and suspension, plenty of power, Sync system is great. Climate control is fantastic. Huge trunk, plenty of room in interior, and dressed with great accessories. Fantastic car! And it's America!

Good Safe Car
By Brain Smith on 04/18/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amongst the best in the world. I couldn't imagine having anything else. It is missing some key safety features and luxury features to. The Headrest are plain up retarded though. They are insanely uncomfortable for some people.

Love Old Betsy
By Henry Smith on 04/17/10 05:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is simply unbeatable. I am older and arthritis can occasionally come on, but it disappears with the heated seats. I just wish that the wheel could heat and cool to. It would also be nice if the back could heat, cool, and massage to, since I carry a lot of my friends around with aches and pains. I was surprised that their was no entertainment system available, which would be nice when I carry my Grand children. I did have to get one touch up and down windows. It hurts way to much to hold that long. I also wish the trunk would close easier. The ride is incredibly smooth with no wind noise. In regular town driving it is a charm, period. Fords got a real winner here.

Impressive Vehicle
By Eric C. on 04/12/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Handles well for a large vehicle. The cabin is quiet and feels like a you are in a luxury vehicle. The seats are very comfortable, especially on long rides. Everything is well laid out. The engine is quiet and not underpowered. Averaged close to 30 mpg on the hwy traveling @ 65-70 mph.

SHO must go on
By able on 04/09/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had this vehicle two weeks now and love this car. I didn't know how I would adapt since I had came out of a 2007 Yukon SLT fully loaded. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised with the ride speed and handling. I have been stopped by at least 10 people asking if they can see the interior and the usual response is this is not a Taurus.

Not your daddy's Taurus
By driver A on 04/05/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new Taurus is not your father's car. With the demise of the Crown Vic, it has become to flagship Ford and it deserves to be. I have had Fords since the 1960's and this one is a whole different animal. It has a few flaw, gas mileage could be better and there are two bad blind spots. However, The Lincoln MKS is the same car with lipstick on it and a price tag of 7 grand more. All colors are nice but the sparkling Black is super.The leather interior, heated seats, Sync system, Sirius radio, paddle shifters, keyless entry. It's a great product for a fair price. Most dealers have only a few on hand. Look around its worth the wait and enjoy.