Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Ford sho babyboomer new muscle car
By mikev

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 3 muscle cars back in late 60s, early 70s. The SHO is the luxury version of those. It's lightning fast for a big car and handles amazing easily. Every guy who looks at the interior says one thing, What a Cockpit! I did have to add some side detailing as I didn't want a sleeper I wanted everyone to know it was a SHO. Pickup is amazing smooth giving the fact it's turboed. Had a turboed Mazda before with front wheel drive only & was dangerous. Love the soundproofing although miss the rumble of a true muscle car. Love the Sony sound system. Wanted a car built in America so coming out of Chicago was very important. Gas mileage is only negative although knew it going in. All I can say is WOW

Styling is great, a real head turner. Love the all wheel drive with the turbo no violent steering issues. Quietness of it is amazing. Driving on the highway at 70, no road noise at all. Favorite feature is of course 365 HP.

Headrest lean forward too much. Vision out the back is not very good, but rear sensing helps. Decal package option. I had to have it done myself. Who in there right mind would want to hide the fact that it's a SHO. Nothing outrageous like the Chargers just something on the rear side panels.

Anyone else have issues with sho
By can not find problem

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car last year 10/09. Have had it in the ford dealership for same problem 4 times, transmission downshifts at all different speeds. Feels like transmission is going to fall out of car. Can hear big thunk and feels like car downshifts. Is anyone else having this issue. Dealership can not figure this out, very upset and unsafe. Every time we bring it in, it does not do it for dealership

can not love a car you do not feel safe in.

Love my Taurus
By lglass

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.

Happy salesman
By Salesman

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Ford Taurus SEL with everything but leather in June. I already have five thousand miles on the car and I still can't find any problems or complaints. People stop me on the street to comment on the styling and color (Candy Red) I love the car and I am getting 27.2 mpg on the highway and 22 off. Average of 24.8 overall. Car has great power, love the steering wheel controls and the dash design. Interior lighting is nice. I put a lot of miles on and my only recommendation to Ford would be the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable, but it isn't bad. Car rides like a dream, and for the money there is nothing else like it.

Interior and exterior design. I get people who will roll down their windows to compliment on the street. Ride is superior to anything else I've owned, and I've always had very nice cars.

Visibility can be an issue so you have to be careful, bliss on all models would be nice.

Unresolved Problem
By Not Happy

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the vehicle for 3 days and the wrench light appeared after a foul raw fuel smell was entering the drivers cabin. The Ford dealership managed to turn off the wrench light but not the raw fuel smell. It has been over 3 months in and out of the repair shop and they can't resolve the the raw fuel smell issue. We are concerned about out health driving this vehicle and Ford dismisses that there is any serious problem. If you're looking for reliability dependable transport look elsewhere. I regret selling my 12 year old Volvo with 200K at least the vehicle was easily serviceable.

None at this point.

Attention to quality and reliability.