2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford's New Flagship
By RaceBannon on 04/30/10 03:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love my new Taurus. I have an SEL FWD, took it on a highway trip yesterday and the ride is more smooth and quiet than the Mercedes C Class I just traded in for it. Needed a bigger family sedan for hauling kids around and the Taurus definitely delivers in this category. I can easily fit 3 car seats in back, or 3 adults for that matter. Performance is great with good acceleration both from a stop and at highway speeds. The car corners well for such a large sedan.

2010 Taurus Limited FWD
By jdydiesel on 04/29/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife this car 3 nights ago, as of right now all I can say is WOW! I would drive this car 24-7 if I had a choice. I might just have to go get one myself. The exterior styling is second to none on the market and the interior is huge, comfortable, and makes you want to stay in the car.

Miss my Acura TL
By JR on 04/27/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In these tough economic times, I felt guilty driving an import. Sold my Acura to my brother-in-law, and purchased a Taurus. I like the roominess, but I question the reliability. Stalls out every time I fill the tank, and struggles in shifting gears for the first 20 miles or so after a refueling. At this moment, it is in the shop for a second time in two months to address this problem. In five years, I never needed anything beyond oil changes for my Acura...in five months, the Taurus has been in the shop 3 times....can you say lemon law?! God Bless America, but one should still be wary of her cars. I miss my Acura, and I'm going back to imports!

This is a good car
By Rob Good on 04/24/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My BMW 328 is in the shop and this is my rental for over a month. I had a SHO back in '92 and loved that car, but had come to see standard Taurus as mediocre. I was not prepared for how much I like this car. This is a big car, with swagger and enough power in the standard models to move. Better than my Beemer? No, but if I was buying new I would take a long look at the new SHO. The model I have is a Limited and is by itself pretty damn good. Kudos to Ford. And they didn't need a dime of my taxes!

Great car except for the rear legroom
By pomp on 04/22/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My criteria was a large sedan with a big trunk and AWD made in the USA. Previous car a 2007 Caddy Deville. I want minimum road feel. I was worried about the low sidewall tires(45). They are OK. Still potholes punch through but overall the ride is very quite, as good as the caddy. Trunk space is voluminous but the opening is small and the floor has a well which your golf clubs strattle.The drive train is smooth. never hear engine revs. LTD comes with paddle shifters which are completely useless. Never use them. maybe the SHO crowd thinks there cool. Rear seat legroom is ridiculous for this size car. Front seats have to be half way fwd to give min. legroom for the rear.

Best Ford I've ever owned (since 1955)
By Mr.Bill on 04/18/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery on October 1st, I think it was one of the first in Houston. Saw the next one three weeks later. It's the best American car I've owned, and so far (9,500) as good as my Acura RL, Infinity Q45, and BMW 5 series. It has to be one of the best values in America. Absolutely ZERO problems in 6 months and 9.000 miles. Only complaint is the BIG Ford emblems tattooed all over. Get some class like the Germans and Japanese and use small name badges. Tight body and suspension, plenty of power, Sync system is great. Climate control is fantastic. Huge trunk, plenty of room in interior, and dressed with great accessories. Fantastic car! And it's America!

Impressive Vehicle
By Eric C. on 04/12/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Handles well for a large vehicle. The cabin is quiet and feels like a you are in a luxury vehicle. The seats are very comfortable, especially on long rides. Everything is well laid out. The engine is quiet and not underpowered. Averaged close to 30 mpg on the hwy traveling @ 65-70 mph.

Not your daddy's Taurus
By driver A on 04/05/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new Taurus is not your father's car. With the demise of the Crown Vic, it has become to flagship Ford and it deserves to be. I have had Fords since the 1960's and this one is a whole different animal. It has a few flaw, gas mileage could be better and there are two bad blind spots. However, The Lincoln MKS is the same car with lipstick on it and a price tag of 7 grand more. All colors are nice but the sparkling Black is super.The leather interior, heated seats, Sync system, Sirius radio, paddle shifters, keyless entry. It's a great product for a fair price. Most dealers have only a few on hand. Look around its worth the wait and enjoy.

Outstanding
By Mike Martins on 04/01/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Formerly drove a Mercedes E350. When it came time for a new car, I compared a new E350, BMW530, Caddy CTS, Buick LaCrosse, Ford Taurus, and Audi A6 (AWD and loaded versions of each). After driving them all, there is simply no comparison as to the value and features of the Taurus compared to the other cars. Interior room and quietness are far superior in the Ford. Driving manners for such a large car are superb and the ECO Boost engine provides great power for both accelerating and highway passing. Gas mileage so far has been 24 MPG which is comparable to my 'old' Mercedes however the 'new' Taurus is substantially larger so I feel that the mileage is outstanding. Absolutely a great car.

Love the Tarus
By Tony Joule Williams on 03/23/10 15:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Taurus. It's fast, comfortable, and affordable. I love the bliss option. Fuel economy could be better

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*