2010 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sort Reviews by

This New SHO Rules the Road
By Oldsalt

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, fantastic performance that just plain embarrasses many so-called performance sedans. More techno gadgets than any car in its class, and more than most luxury brands offer. Modern up-to-date styling that is bold yet still somewhat traditional you won't forget this car five minutes after you get out of it. Ford has hit a grand slam with this vehicle!

Favorite Features

3.5 L Ecoboost GDI-TT Beast Best Nav in any car period MS Sync, voice controlled everything! Heated, cooled & massaging front seats OMG yes!

Suggested Improvements

Offer cobalt blue (like Mustangs) and manual tranny

SHO No Go in AWD
By Keendog

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, quiet, fast, very fun to drive. Having MAJOR problem, however, with AWD system that my local Ford dealer (in Brighton, Michigan) and local for FSE (Field Service Engineer) can't seem to diagnose. The AWD does not work, specifically the rear wheels do not provide any torque. It will be fixed I am sure by people who know (and care). Have to downgrade build quality as a result since it had this issue day one. This is a GREAT vehicle in every other way (even without rear wheels driving, it is very fun to drive) and once fixed will be a pleasure to drive for years to come, no doubt.

Favorite Features

Sync system is better than expected. Ecoboost and transmission is AWESOME, smooth, deceptively fast, and quiet. Voice Activated Nav is second to none. Backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Dealerships and Service people that actually know and care enough to diagnose these systems beyond looking at a computer screen. Seats could have a bit better lateral support.

Great Features......But the ride is not
By Frank

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The car comes loaded with all the Bells and whistles which were the attraction. I mean who doesn't want all the safety feature as options. But @ 46 K the ride should be much tighter up front. The Power assist steering might be the problem. Alot of oversteer. The power for a turbo revs at a very high rate. Not as quick out of the blocks as I would have hoped. Definitely not a performance sedan like the audi 6 or BMW 5 x series sedan. Alas the economy prevented me from going in that direction. i miss my european ride, controlled, tight, and exceptionally quick. Ford has done a great job with the vehicle but has a ways to go to compete with the big three BMW, Mercedes, Audi.

Favorite Features

The pricey options, hot and cool seats

Suggested Improvements

tighter steering, better front end suspension, more get up and go off the start line, better fuel economy ( 25 mpg is not good enough)

First Ford, Trade In toyota
By joe

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is unreal fast and really fun to drive. It is loaded . I got a great deal with an extra incentive to dump the toyota. Interior design is like a cockpit and when you put the pedal to the metal you really feel locked in with the contour seat. Only wish the name was not taurus as the stigma is hard to kill.

Favorite Features

Engine at 365 horsepower is unreal.

Suggested Improvements

Sirus is not as good as onstar. Stereo seems to be light for what it should be

2010 SHO After 5 Months
By RBM

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handling and performance is off the charts. Storage is more than ample. Appearance is a 10+ and wherever we take it we get stares and positive comments. It is a show stopper in candy apple red metallic and when we show off, we easily leave everyone else in the dust. This is akin to a stallion that just wants to run. The electronics are logical and easy to use and even though I am a Crown Vic user, this car has changed my mind about the Taurus. This is the third Ford (500, Taurus, Taurus) new car my wife has purchased and it is by far the best overall automobile we have acquired. I would rate it far abouve a ten if given the opportunity. The "Arrest me red," color is my only concern.

Favorite Features

The adaptive cruise control is a real winner as well as the side-looking radar for blind spot elimination. Auto wipers, headlamps and keyless operation round out just a few of the features that are simply too numerous to mention here. You really need to see one in person to appreciate it fully.

Suggested Improvements

Consider reshaping the doors such to permit the same degree of headroom the previous models offered. Rear window views are hampered by rear seat neck restraints that should be lowered into the seats when not needed. Torque steer can be computer compensated as it is startling when in go fast mode.

Initial Impressions
By S-Pony

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only owned mine for a few days, but drove home 2 hours from the dealership in the snow and sleet. Car handled confidently in sloppy weather. Very fun to drive! Great highway cruiser! Comfort rated a 9 due to a potential hard spot in the multi- contoured seats which caused some discomfort. Will update after more windshield time. Very fond of the interior design; Sync is great and fairly intuitive as I was able to figure out most features without reading the manual. Too early to accurately rate reliability so will update later. So far, couldn't be happier with my decision to give Ford another look. Well done Ford!

Favorite Features

Favorite feature has been the consistent response I've received from people I show the car to: "This is a Taurus!?!" They are impressed when they see it and even more impressed after riding in it. Sync system is well executed. Engine performance has been better than expected for such a big car.

Suggested Improvements

Concerned about the hard spot in the driver's seat, otherwise no issues.

Beautiful and very powerful
By nimans

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car to replace my 2003 Maxima. The one thing that brought me in was the attractive design and the powerful engine. This car is big and heavy, but the engine makes it fly. The fuel economy is impressive considering the size and weight of the car. It's very comfortable, very smooth and very quiet. I'm very impressed with Ford.

Favorite Features

The design, the power, the smooth rise, the quiet cabin, the many options. These are options you normally only see in cars in the $55k and over range. Rearview camera, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, crash avoidance, Navigation with Sync control, and a lot more.

Suggested Improvements

I think the rear legroom should be better considering the size of the car. Instead of a humongous trunk, how about a large trunk and more rear legroom. Also the center console buttons/knobs are small and squished together. There is A LOT of empty space on the center console, so why not use it?

An Alternative to German cars
By Frank Reitz

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a full-sized car with AWD. The SHO was $20K+ less than the Germans. Traded in a 07 Avalon that I loved. The SHO is everything the Toyo is and more. The other reviews (SHOs) say it all but don't convey the feel of the car. Fully loaded with people and fuel it's almost 5000 lbs (!) but runs great. I love it. My wife has started using it more than her car.

Favorite Features

I use the body panel seams as a measure of build quality. They're all the same: small! Strong engine that always wants to give more. No turbo lag. The voice-activated navigator, blind-spots warnings, back-up sensors, rear view camera and cross-traffic radars are now must-haves.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger brakes to go with the more powerful engine and the spirited driving it inspires. Grill is too busy for my taste. Don't complain about the mileage: What would you expect with this engine and this car? How about a engine management system (computer) tweak to bring it up to 400 HP?

Sensational
By Richard

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO is everything I ever wanted in a big sedan. It is very fast, very comfortable and has every electronic gismo known to modern cars. The fit and finish are second to none. What I don't get is the problem with the headrests. I see nothing wrong with the seating position in the SHO. I suggest you sit in one for yourself and do not be influenced by some of the posts you read. This car is a real bargain considering what you get for the money. Way to go Ford, you really hit a home run with the 2010 SHO>

Favorite Features

Motor, quality, speed, fit and finish, sync, Sirius travel link.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Must have!
By spydrix

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

With my sights set on a Corvette, but the reality of needing a 5 passenger car, I decided to look around and see what was available. I was awe-struck after test driving the 2010 Taurus sho! There was no way that this car could have carried the same name as the Taurus that got me through college in the mid 90's! It was almost as hard to convince my wife to test drive a Taurus as it was to get her out of it once she did! I get comments left and right about the car! I love it! I beat my Father-in-laws mercedes cls 500 from 0-60, has much cooler and practical features, and paid $30,000 less! My gas mileage isn't so great but that's because I can't keep my foot off the gas! Good job Ford!

Favorite Features

Voice activated sync, and adaptive cruise control. For anyone that drives a lot, these two features will become must have's in every future car you own.

Suggested Improvements

More in-cabin storage, one step voice prompts, would like to get 75 mpg even during full acceleration. (hey, it says suggestions okay.)