2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
This New SHO Rules the Road
By Oldsalt on 03/04/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, fantastic performance that just plain embarrasses many so-called performance sedans. More techno gadgets than any car in its class, and more than most luxury brands offer. Modern up-to-date styling that is bold yet still somewhat traditional you won't forget this car five minutes after you get out of it. Ford has hit a grand slam with this vehicle!

SHO No Go in AWD
By Keendog on 02/22/10 14:36 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, quiet, fast, very fun to drive. Having MAJOR problem, however, with AWD system that my local Ford dealer (in Brighton, Michigan) and local for FSE (Field Service Engineer) can't seem to diagnose. The AWD does not work, specifically the rear wheels do not provide any torque. It will be fixed I am sure by people who know (and care). Have to downgrade build quality as a result since it had this issue day one. This is a GREAT vehicle in every other way (even without rear wheels driving, it is very fun to drive) and once fixed will be a pleasure to drive for years to come, no doubt.

Great Features......But the ride is not
By Frank on 02/19/10 07:30 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The car comes loaded with all the Bells and whistles which were the attraction. I mean who doesn't want all the safety feature as options. But @ 46 K the ride should be much tighter up front. The Power assist steering might be the problem. Alot of oversteer. The power for a turbo revs at a very high rate. Not as quick out of the blocks as I would have hoped. Definitely not a performance sedan like the audi 6 or BMW 5 x series sedan. Alas the economy prevented me from going in that direction. i miss my european ride, controlled, tight, and exceptionally quick. Ford has done a great job with the vehicle but has a ways to go to compete with the big three BMW, Mercedes, Audi.

First Ford, Trade In toyota
By joe on 02/16/10 17:07 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is unreal fast and really fun to drive. It is loaded . I got a great deal with an extra incentive to dump the toyota. Interior design is like a cockpit and when you put the pedal to the metal you really feel locked in with the contour seat. Only wish the name was not taurus as the stigma is hard to kill.

2010 SHO After 5 Months
By RBM on 02/09/10 07:53 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handling and performance is off the charts. Storage is more than ample. Appearance is a 10+ and wherever we take it we get stares and positive comments. It is a show stopper in candy apple red metallic and when we show off, we easily leave everyone else in the dust. This is akin to a stallion that just wants to run. The electronics are logical and easy to use and even though I am a Crown Vic user, this car has changed my mind about the Taurus. This is the third Ford (500, Taurus, Taurus) new car my wife has purchased and it is by far the best overall automobile we have acquired. I would rate it far abouve a ten if given the opportunity. The "Arrest me red," color is my only concern.

Initial Impressions
By S-Pony on 01/01/10 14:47 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only owned mine for a few days, but drove home 2 hours from the dealership in the snow and sleet. Car handled confidently in sloppy weather. Very fun to drive! Great highway cruiser! Comfort rated a 9 due to a potential hard spot in the multi- contoured seats which caused some discomfort. Will update after more windshield time. Very fond of the interior design; Sync is great and fairly intuitive as I was able to figure out most features without reading the manual. Too early to accurately rate reliability so will update later. So far, couldn't be happier with my decision to give Ford another look. Well done Ford!

Beautiful and very powerful
By nimans on 12/18/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car to replace my 2003 Maxima. The one thing that brought me in was the attractive design and the powerful engine. This car is big and heavy, but the engine makes it fly. The fuel economy is impressive considering the size and weight of the car. It's very comfortable, very smooth and very quiet. I'm very impressed with Ford.

An Alternative to German cars
By Frank Reitz on 12/15/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a full-sized car with AWD. The SHO was $20K+ less than the Germans. Traded in a 07 Avalon that I loved. The SHO is everything the Toyo is and more. The other reviews (SHOs) say it all but don't convey the feel of the car. Fully loaded with people and fuel it's almost 5000 lbs (!) but runs great. I love it. My wife has started using it more than her car.

Sensational
By Richard on 12/04/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO is everything I ever wanted in a big sedan. It is very fast, very comfortable and has every electronic gismo known to modern cars. The fit and finish are second to none. What I don't get is the problem with the headrests. I see nothing wrong with the seating position in the SHO. I suggest you sit in one for yourself and do not be influenced by some of the posts you read. This car is a real bargain considering what you get for the money. Way to go Ford, you really hit a home run with the 2010 SHO>

Must have!
By spydrix on 11/17/09 22:04 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

With my sights set on a Corvette, but the reality of needing a 5 passenger car, I decided to look around and see what was available. I was awe-struck after test driving the 2010 Taurus sho! There was no way that this car could have carried the same name as the Taurus that got me through college in the mid 90's! It was almost as hard to convince my wife to test drive a Taurus as it was to get her out of it once she did! I get comments left and right about the car! I love it! I beat my Father-in-laws mercedes cls 500 from 0-60, has much cooler and practical features, and paid $30,000 less! My gas mileage isn't so great but that's because I can't keep my foot off the gas! Good job Ford!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$108 per month*