2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Car!
By Missy on 07/03/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE this car! I have had tons of comments on how beautiful it is! It's fun to drive and I love all the extra's! I have blind-spot controls, back-up sensors, heated/cooled/massaging seats, automatic bright/dimmer head lights and automatic cruise control! It's a very SMART car! Great fuel economy! It's all wheel drive and did fantastic this winter! I live in Wyoming and we have some crazy winter weather so that's saying a lot! Overall I love the car!

Ford made a four door sports car!
By yankee32 on 06/25/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a 35 yr old male who went from owning an 2005 five hundred ltd awd which I loved and was a great family car and a cruiser to the 2010 Taurus! Ford has made owning a family car fun once again! The power, handling, the sound system and the style inside and out is just unreal!! Thank You ford!

You must drive this car
By LOVELYMSBIG on 06/14/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a pleasure to drive this car! It is beautiful inside and out, and the sync just makes it over the top. We have back up sensors, which add a huge relief in parking lots; sync, salesman even hooked both of our cell phone up and it already has our phone books in it. We love Sirius radio and are thrilled that we can hear it in the new car too! We chose the steel blue (2011 will be Kona Blue---very bright) with black interior. The one word I would use for it inside is stunning. My sister bought an 2011 Avalon about a month ago, and the interior of this vehicle rivals it. We chose not to have leather though. You must test drive this one!

Bad Design
By Bob Whalen on 05/22/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is very nice overall, but the headrest are a joke. Extremely annoying, I took mine off altogether. It has bad blind spots, and for the size the rear seats are puny .

Marginal Quality
By Davd Hert on 05/19/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far in the first 6000 miles I have had to take the car in 3 times. Once in the first 25 miles for an alignemnt issue and again at 4700 miles for a tire failure and again at 5400 miles for a tire sensor monitor failure. The first repair was taken care of okay. Had to wait 4+ hours for the repair as the had to take the front end of the car apart to get the alignemnt right. The 2nd and 3rd issue(s) Ford has failed to stand behind thier warranty or their product...based on my early on experience with this car I would recomend looking at some of the foreign competition before getting one.

Company car
By kman on 05/16/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

12,000 miles so far. Driver's seat needed lots of fine tuning to get comfortable. Tranny feels confused when slowing and accelerating with cruise. Tach races when slowing. Great looking. Good handling. Poor visibility, espescially backing. Needs rear parking assist. Good gas mileage for power. Excellent traction control and braking. LOW ground clearance in front, be careful. Could use a few more options for price. I think I like the characteristics of the 2009 "grandpa" model a little more. No name tires have been good, so far.

Decent so far
By GUNGHO on 05/08/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my 06 mustang gt and got the taurus. They only had a black exterior and black interior limited in my area so I bought it. Mistake indeed. Never owned a black car before and WOW!!! wash it in the morning and its filthy by days end. Anyway the black interior plastic looks horrible in sunlight. The sony stereo isnt very good. radio sounds better then CD's, Ipod and Sat. strange. Drivers seat is uncomfortable no matter how I adjust it. Passenger seat is comfortable. again strange. Rear deck under rear window rattles from stereo bass and over bumpy roads. Dual climate doesnt work. and nasty smell from AC. Engine whines a little under normal load.

Love it!
By racebannon on 05/06/10 04:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Just bought it last month, traded in a Mercedes C Class b/c the family is growing and I needed a roomier car. Drive is smooth and quiet. Test drove at least 10 larger/luxury sedans including Mercedes E350, Audi A-8, Dodge Charger, Nissan Maxima and kept coming back to the Taurus. For the money, you get the best performance and most features. The sync system is great, love the way the car handles and drives. Has plenty of power, interior is great, opted for the leather. The trunk is HUGE. I'll have no problem hauling kids and all their gear around in this battle cruiser.

Best in SHO!
By Todd on 05/01/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO Taurus is amazing - incredible job by Ford. I've had Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, and Acura - shockingly this car competes in that group at $10-$15K less. If Americans don't consider this car they are snobs. First, it is QUICK - this car has the zoom-factor that will make you grin. The integrated SYNC, Sirius, and voice controls make the navigation and satellite radio a must have and set the bar for the industry. At first sticker seems high for a Taurus, but with the options you get it is extremely well equipped relative to all luxury sedans. GO DRIVE ONE!

Ford's New Flagship
By RaceBannon on 04/30/10 03:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love my new Taurus. I have an SEL FWD, took it on a highway trip yesterday and the ride is more smooth and quiet than the Mercedes C Class I just traded in for it. Needed a bigger family sedan for hauling kids around and the Taurus definitely delivers in this category. I can easily fit 3 car seats in back, or 3 adults for that matter. Performance is great with good acceleration both from a stop and at highway speeds. The car corners well for such a large sedan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$114 per month*