Used 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

Styling, trunk space, rear seat space.

A car that doesn't require 4 trips to the shop in the first several months.

Transmission slips since new
By edgogo

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.

Quiet and comfortable ride.. Don't think I will buy another one though.

Need a more reliable transmission!

Big Shift
By headflex

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car should have the luxury brands worried. I've been a BMW owner since 2007 until this year when I made the switch back to Ford. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned was my 1988 5.0 and now Ford has me back in the saddle again with a smile on my face. Sorry Beamer aside from great performance you have a lot of work to do to meet American bang for the buck!

Active cruise control, Blis, Sync, seats that have everything but ejection mode, great sounding stereo, tons of storage space, bluetooth, automatic dim mode for headlights! Finally for the first time in my life a care that is so quite you actually shut the stereo off to enjoy the silence!!!

Transmission that is VERY choppy (bumming me out), the shifting points are everything but smooth especially at low speed in either an incline or decline. Sync needs to better voice recognition software and I wish the headrest pivoted for better resting position.

Interior design is terrible
By John

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Who designed the interior? All glitz and looks, poor function and space usage. The front console and dash waste space. Several passengers commented how claustrophobic the front seat space is. HUGE blind spots particularly B-pillar. Buttons galore on center stack with no thought apparently to making them easy to find or use intuitively or without looking. Interior door handles are knuckle-breakers, front door opening has big bump-out along back edge that seems to ALWAYS catch a hip or arm on the way in or out. If seat is adjusted high enough for comfortable driving, it's too high to get in and out without hitting my head on the roof edge. Can't tilt wheel out of the way easily either.

Outside looks. That's it.

Go back to the (ergonomics) drawing board on the interior. I don't care if it's Italian leather and burled honey chestnut trim with soft white LEDs bathing it in glorious light, if it's not usable, what good are pretties?

My Dream Ride
By BReed

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had 1988 Sport Thunderbird and nothing has compared to my T-Bird, until Now! I LOVE this car. I opted for all the Bells and Whistles, except for the DVD Navigation. I do however, suggest that every new Taurus owner invest in BLIS. This car does have some blind spots that you really have to adjust to, so BLIS is a necessity as far as I am concerned! The trunk is even every families dream. Did I mention that "I LOVE THIS CAR!" as well as MANY other drivers, I have Never had so many people compliment me on my "Nice Ride" (regardless of age) as in this car!

I love the Body Style, the Trunk, the Sony Stereo System, the Heated and Air Conditioned Seats and last but least of my favorites would be the BLIS!

The angle of the headrest and a fix to allow the transmission to adjust during downhill speeds while using Cruise Control. It really revs the engine into a very high level of RPM before it downshifts the trans. This can be very annoying on a hilly Interstate! Example:I68 in/or around Cumberland,MD!