2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Love my Taurus
By lglass on 07/26/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.

Happy salesman
By Salesman on 07/20/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Ford Taurus SEL with everything but leather in June. I already have five thousand miles on the car and I still can't find any problems or complaints. People stop me on the street to comment on the styling and color (Candy Red) I love the car and I am getting 27.2 mpg on the highway and 22 off. Average of 24.8 overall. Car has great power, love the steering wheel controls and the dash design. Interior lighting is nice. I put a lot of miles on and my only recommendation to Ford would be the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable, but it isn't bad. Car rides like a dream, and for the money there is nothing else like it.

Unresolved Problem
By Not Happy on 07/12/10 05:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the vehicle for 3 days and the wrench light appeared after a foul raw fuel smell was entering the drivers cabin. The Ford dealership managed to turn off the wrench light but not the raw fuel smell. It has been over 3 months in and out of the repair shop and they can't resolve the the raw fuel smell issue. We are concerned about out health driving this vehicle and Ford dismisses that there is any serious problem. If you're looking for reliability dependable transport look elsewhere. I regret selling my 12 year old Volvo with 200K at least the vehicle was easily serviceable.

Great Car!
By Missy on 07/03/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE this car! I have had tons of comments on how beautiful it is! It's fun to drive and I love all the extra's! I have blind-spot controls, back-up sensors, heated/cooled/massaging seats, automatic bright/dimmer head lights and automatic cruise control! It's a very SMART car! Great fuel economy! It's all wheel drive and did fantastic this winter! I live in Wyoming and we have some crazy winter weather so that's saying a lot! Overall I love the car!

Ford made a four door sports car!
By yankee32 on 06/25/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a 35 yr old male who went from owning an 2005 five hundred ltd awd which I loved and was a great family car and a cruiser to the 2010 Taurus! Ford has made owning a family car fun once again! The power, handling, the sound system and the style inside and out is just unreal!! Thank You ford!

You must drive this car
By LOVELYMSBIG on 06/14/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a pleasure to drive this car! It is beautiful inside and out, and the sync just makes it over the top. We have back up sensors, which add a huge relief in parking lots; sync, salesman even hooked both of our cell phone up and it already has our phone books in it. We love Sirius radio and are thrilled that we can hear it in the new car too! We chose the steel blue (2011 will be Kona Blue---very bright) with black interior. The one word I would use for it inside is stunning. My sister bought an 2011 Avalon about a month ago, and the interior of this vehicle rivals it. We chose not to have leather though. You must test drive this one!

Marginal Quality
By Davd Hert on 05/19/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far in the first 6000 miles I have had to take the car in 3 times. Once in the first 25 miles for an alignemnt issue and again at 4700 miles for a tire failure and again at 5400 miles for a tire sensor monitor failure. The first repair was taken care of okay. Had to wait 4+ hours for the repair as the had to take the front end of the car apart to get the alignemnt right. The 2nd and 3rd issue(s) Ford has failed to stand behind thier warranty or their product...based on my early on experience with this car I would recomend looking at some of the foreign competition before getting one.

Company car
By kman on 05/16/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

12,000 miles so far. Driver's seat needed lots of fine tuning to get comfortable. Tranny feels confused when slowing and accelerating with cruise. Tach races when slowing. Great looking. Good handling. Poor visibility, espescially backing. Needs rear parking assist. Good gas mileage for power. Excellent traction control and braking. LOW ground clearance in front, be careful. Could use a few more options for price. I think I like the characteristics of the 2009 "grandpa" model a little more. No name tires have been good, so far.

Decent so far
By GUNGHO on 05/08/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my 06 mustang gt and got the taurus. They only had a black exterior and black interior limited in my area so I bought it. Mistake indeed. Never owned a black car before and WOW!!! wash it in the morning and its filthy by days end. Anyway the black interior plastic looks horrible in sunlight. The sony stereo isnt very good. radio sounds better then CD's, Ipod and Sat. strange. Drivers seat is uncomfortable no matter how I adjust it. Passenger seat is comfortable. again strange. Rear deck under rear window rattles from stereo bass and over bumpy roads. Dual climate doesnt work. and nasty smell from AC. Engine whines a little under normal load.

Love it!
By racebannon on 05/06/10 04:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Just bought it last month, traded in a Mercedes C Class b/c the family is growing and I needed a roomier car. Drive is smooth and quiet. Test drove at least 10 larger/luxury sedans including Mercedes E350, Audi A-8, Dodge Charger, Nissan Maxima and kept coming back to the Taurus. For the money, you get the best performance and most features. The sync system is great, love the way the car handles and drives. Has plenty of power, interior is great, opted for the leather. The trunk is HUGE. I'll have no problem hauling kids and all their gear around in this battle cruiser.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*