Used 2010 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

My Dream Ride
By BReed

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had 1988 Sport Thunderbird and nothing has compared to my T-Bird, until Now! I LOVE this car. I opted for all the Bells and Whistles, except for the DVD Navigation. I do however, suggest that every new Taurus owner invest in BLIS. This car does have some blind spots that you really have to adjust to, so BLIS is a necessity as far as I am concerned! The trunk is even every families dream. Did I mention that "I LOVE THIS CAR!" as well as MANY other drivers, I have Never had so many people compliment me on my "Nice Ride" (regardless of age) as in this car!

I love the Body Style, the Trunk, the Sony Stereo System, the Heated and Air Conditioned Seats and last but least of my favorites would be the BLIS!

The angle of the headrest and a fix to allow the transmission to adjust during downhill speeds while using Cruise Control. It really revs the engine into a very high level of RPM before it downshifts the trans. This can be very annoying on a hilly Interstate! Example:I68 in/or around Cumberland,MD!

Love my Taurus
By lglass

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.

Decent so far
By GUNGHO

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my 06 mustang gt and got the taurus. They only had a black exterior and black interior limited in my area so I bought it. Mistake indeed. Never owned a black car before and WOW!!! wash it in the morning and its filthy by days end. Anyway the black interior plastic looks horrible in sunlight. The sony stereo isnt very good. radio sounds better then CD's, Ipod and Sat. strange. Drivers seat is uncomfortable no matter how I adjust it. Passenger seat is comfortable. again strange. Rear deck under rear window rattles from stereo bass and over bumpy roads. Dual climate doesnt work. and nasty smell from AC. Engine whines a little under normal load.

fun to drive at night because you cant see the cheap plastic interior parts. Ambient light is cool. Nav with sync is best feature. engine is quiet. No road noise. Good aceleration at highway speeds. Decent fuel economy.

Less trunk and more back seat room. Cooled seats should cool the entire bottom and not just the middle part. better stereo. Better interior materials.

2010 Taurus Limited FWD
By jdydiesel

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife this car 3 nights ago, as of right now all I can say is WOW! I would drive this car 24-7 if I had a choice. I might just have to go get one myself. The exterior styling is second to none on the market and the interior is huge, comfortable, and makes you want to stay in the car.

Everything!

Make the SHO with a different color interior, I don't like black leather, so I didn't get the SHO because of that. Also I would think the fuel mileage could increase, but maybe it will with engine break-in. The headrests are sometimes in the way.

Miss my Acura TL
By JR

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In these tough economic times, I felt guilty driving an import. Sold my Acura to my brother-in-law, and purchased a Taurus. I like the roominess, but I question the reliability. Stalls out every time I fill the tank, and struggles in shifting gears for the first 20 miles or so after a refueling. At this moment, it is in the shop for a second time in two months to address this problem. In five years, I never needed anything beyond oil changes for my Acura...in five months, the Taurus has been in the shop 3 times....can you say lemon law?! God Bless America, but one should still be wary of her cars. I miss my Acura, and I'm going back to imports!

Styling, interior room, trunk space.

Stereo is not good, the center console is too large, and as noted above, reliability is a big question mark.