2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
This is a good car
By Rob Good on 04/24/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My BMW 328 is in the shop and this is my rental for over a month. I had a SHO back in '92 and loved that car, but had come to see standard Taurus as mediocre. I was not prepared for how much I like this car. This is a big car, with swagger and enough power in the standard models to move. Better than my Beemer? No, but if I was buying new I would take a long look at the new SHO. The model I have is a Limited and is by itself pretty damn good. Kudos to Ford. And they didn't need a dime of my taxes!

Love this Car!
By rainbows6 on 03/12/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 3 cars, 05 Prius (commute car), 09 BMW Z4 (fun zip car) and our new Taurus Limited (long trips & spouses everyday car). The Taurus fit and finish is on par with the BMW. If I could get into the HOV by myself I would steal the car from my wife. I have had more positive comments about the Taurus than the Z4. In 2001 I was a Ford salesman, thought the Taurus was utilitarian and boring. This is not your fathers Taurus! I love driving this car, it's comfortable and has a cavern for a trunk. Ford without a doubt is back from the brink, they hit a home run with this car. Easily competes against BMW 5 series, Lexus Mercedes etc... more technology and significantly less cost.

Tough Grader/Good Vehicle
By Oldnavycdr on 01/12/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The scores given above are relative to world class vehicles so understand that I'm fairly tough. Overall, I am delighted with the Taurus. The ride is smooth, the steering is nicely weighted -- especially for an electric steering system, it is very quiet, and front seating is extremely comfortable - - in town or on the road. And trunk passes the 3 golf bag test. It does fall down in rear seat room and headroom although I'm less concerned because I do the driving! Materials used in the storage console are very poor and cheapen an otherwise quality interior. Perhaps extend the wood grain theme here and stiffen the structure. But most of all create more storage! Shift paddles are stupid.

Homerun
By Gary on 01/06/10 15:56 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2005 Cadillac CTS for my new Taurus Limited and everything about the Taurus tells I made right decision. The ride and handling are superb. The Taurus has more features than the CTS and cost thousands less. I've had more people stop and complement the looks of the car. I love the way the interior is laided out, gives you the feel of a true luxury sedan. Ford hit one out of the ballpark with this one.

Great Vehicle
By sas260 on 11/24/09 02:26 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is by far the best vehicle value on the market today. The styling, performance, comfort and quality are all spot on. The technology will blow you away! The sync system finally brings a system to market that you can use when it is intended to be used, while you are driving. The voice recognition is accurate 90 percent of the time. Everyone that hear I bought a Ford Taurus is stunned at first, but then goes into shock when they see it and drive it. For me, I get all the luxury and quality of higher end imports, at a great price and I can proudly say I bought an American car once again.

Why buy a foreign car anymore?
By Clint H on 11/14/09 19:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove and almost bought a BMW 5 series for 60K. Then I drove the Taurus Limited... loaded of coarse and I have to absolutely admit I loved the Taurus. I seriously had everything that the BMW had and it was 23K cheaper. I love the styling... I love the handling... I love the acceleration. Ford, you did a great job on this one. Bought some stock afterwards too.

Worth the Wait
By EverReady on 10/31/09 04:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Special ordered in May 09 without test driving or seeing vehicle in person. One of our best decisions. So glad Ford decided to bring Taurus back. Look forward to driving this car. Enjoying all the new features such as BlueTooth, voice activation. Called the Silver Bullet, love the color. Seats are comfortable, ride is smooth and quiet. Handles great. 29-30 MPG for trips to Ohio and 21-22 MPG around town and to work. So far, so good. Only problem - auto windshield wipers not working and dealer has failed to determine problem. New vehicle and people not trained in maintaining; trouble shooting. Ford failed to provide maintenance manuals in advance or train personnel.

Even better
By SnoutDawg on 10/20/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, this car is even better than I could have hoped for. This is not the Taurus we knew; not even close. I got the Limited front wheel drive w/ every feature but adaptive cruise. This is a pure world-class vehicle. It has endless space, and technology, dazzling design, and plenty of power and handling. The exterior look is stunning. I feel like a celeb with the way I get stopped by impressed strangers. I actually like the smaller glass lines; gives more private, comfy feel. Very quiet inside and out. Only cons for me are relatively limited interior storage, and no coin storage.

It's not your grandma's Taurus anymore!
By Move Over Lexus on 10/18/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2003 Corvette for a new fully loaded FWD 2010 Taurus Limited. Unless you live in snow country, there is no need to buy AWD. Acceleration is very impressive and it handles great too. This car is extremely smooth and quiet. Before you spend more money on another luxury vehicle, please test drive this car. This car is pure luxury with a sumptious leather interior and an optional navigation package.

The best new car on the road
By Joe M on 10/16/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Limited for about a month. I have driven Lexus vehicles for 15 years and this is more quiet than any Lexus I have owned and more fun to drive. It has great performance and a lot of technical features...my favorite is the adaptive cruise control and blind spot indicators. I have had many people want to look and at least two Mercedes owners looked at it and wanted to trade theirs in for this car. I think some may find the drivers space a bit confining due to the design of the console but the console itself is well put together. I have the tuxedo metallic black...really upscale looking

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$102 per month*