Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Chrome trim
By damage44

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

Favorite Features

Design

Suggested Improvements

Ford has a quality problem. Whichever vendor made the tailights did not adhere the chrome correctly and it will peel. Ford will replace if the vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. But they are replacing it with the same faulty tailight assembly. Once the chrome peels again Ford will not replace them if the warranty has expired. Quite a shame for Ford to knowingly use the same faulty tailight assembly to replace another.

I should have bought the Venza
By sleepless1

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a joke and so is Ford. 43,000 miles 45 days in shop Chrome peels off tail lights Fuel injector failed Brakes failed Transmission feels like slipping Numerous issues while driving I do not feel safe in this vehicle a couple near misses My family will not ride in this car JUNK JUNK JUNK

Suggested Improvements

TEST THE VEHICLE BEFORE BRINGING TO THE MARKET PLACE

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

Suggested Improvements

I get a lot of leaves stuck under the trunk lid. Not IN the trunk, just under the lip. Easy to clean, but a little annoying.

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Favorite Features

Interior is nice to sit in and wait for the tow truck to pick you and your new car up

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to vet thier part supplier better.

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

Favorite Features

Styling, trunk space, rear seat space.

Suggested Improvements

A car that doesn't require 4 trips to the shop in the first several months.