2010 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (36 reviews )
Great family car with AWD an the extra benefit of speed
By carguy161 on 10/10/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car new in the winter of 2010. Initially had some minor issues that Ford took care of with various Technical Service Bulletins. These are service advisories that Ford sends out to the dealers in authorization to fix minor issues that might be troublesome to the owner. Transmission reprogramming, brake pad/rotor change, rear shelf rattle, chrome peel on taillights. All minor. Since the TSB's, no other maintenance has been performed except oil changes and tire rotations, in 36k miles. Three years later and people still ask me if its a brand new car. The shine and exterior trim his holding remarkably well. The car is very fast and comfortable. Stock 0-60 times are 5.2 seconds.

Second car overall, First car bought.
By choridrex on 09/08/13 23:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a 19 year old kid, this is my second car, first one I bought tho, off an '03 Sunfire. Paid 25k for a 2010 SHO with 48'000 miles on it. First off, I must say that this car was my hearthrob when I started looking to by myself something. I went to try it and totally fell in love. The word for this car is VALUE. It is LOADED for cheap when you get it used, great american ballsy look and comfy ride, comfy luxurious interior, yet is quick and agile, with that awesome engine sound.. It's truly the best of both worlds.. Ford is coming back. This is better than any similar priced car and even pricier cars. Get german luxury and performance for cheap and bonus reliability.

Love my SHO
By carguy161 on 05/22/12 12:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, limited production, I obtained a signed certificate from Ford which is pretty cool. Very quite and powerful car. Great highway mileage. If you buy a 2010, be sure to have the dealer perform the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for a few minor issues. I have spent under $100 in the last two years in service and maintenance.

I should have bought the Venza
By sleepless1 on 08/17/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a joke and so is Ford. 43,000 miles 45 days in shop Chrome peels off tail lights Fuel injector failed Brakes failed Transmission feels like slipping Numerous issues while driving I do not feel safe in this vehicle a couple near misses My family will not ride in this car JUNK JUNK JUNK

Great car
By garyg on 08/21/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my SHO for 7 months and like the car better every day. No defects, no service needed, great performing sedan. Mine has the multi-contour seats with massage which I never thought I would use but have grown to enjoy. The adaptive cruise and blind spot alerts work flawlessly. Originally I bought this as a third car, one that I could trade off with my wife for commuting or go into the mountains for skiing. My main driver was a Porsche. This car is so good on the commute, I am afraid to let my wife try it for her commute. I don't think I would get the car back. Every guest in the car has been equally impressed.

Ford sho babyboomer new muscle car
By mikev on 08/18/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 3 muscle cars back in late 60s, early 70s. The SHO is the luxury version of those. It's lightning fast for a big car and handles amazing easily. Every guy who looks at the interior says one thing, What a Cockpit! I did have to add some side detailing as I didn't want a sleeper I wanted everyone to know it was a SHO. Pickup is amazing smooth giving the fact it's turboed. Had a turboed Mazda before with front wheel drive only & was dangerous. Love the soundproofing although miss the rumble of a true muscle car. Love the Sony sound system. Wanted a car built in America so coming out of Chicago was very important. Gas mileage is only negative although knew it going in. All I can say is WOW

Anyone else have issues with sho
By can not find problem on 08/10/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car last year 10/09. Have had it in the ford dealership for same problem 4 times, transmission downshifts at all different speeds. Feels like transmission is going to fall out of car. Can hear big thunk and feels like car downshifts. Is anyone else having this issue. Dealership can not figure this out, very upset and unsafe. Every time we bring it in, it does not do it for dealership

Bad Design
By Bob Whalen on 05/22/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is very nice overall, but the headrest are a joke. Extremely annoying, I took mine off altogether. It has bad blind spots, and for the size the rear seats are puny .

Best in SHO!
By Todd on 05/01/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO Taurus is amazing - incredible job by Ford. I've had Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, and Acura - shockingly this car competes in that group at $10-$15K less. If Americans don't consider this car they are snobs. First, it is QUICK - this car has the zoom-factor that will make you grin. The integrated SYNC, Sirius, and voice controls make the navigation and satellite radio a must have and set the bar for the industry. At first sticker seems high for a Taurus, but with the options you get it is extremely well equipped relative to all luxury sedans. GO DRIVE ONE!

Good Safe Car
By Brain Smith on 04/18/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amongst the best in the world. I couldn't imagine having anything else. It is missing some key safety features and luxury features to. The Headrest are plain up retarded though. They are insanely uncomfortable for some people.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sho in VA is:

$107 per month*