Used 2010 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Chrome trim
By damage44

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

Design

Ford has a quality problem. Whichever vendor made the tailights did not adhere the chrome correctly and it will peel. Ford will replace if the vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. But they are replacing it with the same faulty tailight assembly. Once the chrome peels again Ford will not replace them if the warranty has expired. Quite a shame for Ford to knowingly use the same faulty tailight assembly to replace another.

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Interior is nice to sit in and wait for the tow truck to pick you and your new car up

Ford needs to vet thier part supplier better.

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

Styling, trunk space, rear seat space.

A car that doesn't require 4 trips to the shop in the first several months.

Big Shift
By headflex

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car should have the luxury brands worried. I've been a BMW owner since 2007 until this year when I made the switch back to Ford. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned was my 1988 5.0 and now Ford has me back in the saddle again with a smile on my face. Sorry Beamer aside from great performance you have a lot of work to do to meet American bang for the buck!

Active cruise control, Blis, Sync, seats that have everything but ejection mode, great sounding stereo, tons of storage space, bluetooth, automatic dim mode for headlights! Finally for the first time in my life a care that is so quite you actually shut the stereo off to enjoy the silence!!!

Transmission that is VERY choppy (bumming me out), the shifting points are everything but smooth especially at low speed in either an incline or decline. Sync needs to better voice recognition software and I wish the headrest pivoted for better resting position.

Interior design is terrible
By John

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Who designed the interior? All glitz and looks, poor function and space usage. The front console and dash waste space. Several passengers commented how claustrophobic the front seat space is. HUGE blind spots particularly B-pillar. Buttons galore on center stack with no thought apparently to making them easy to find or use intuitively or without looking. Interior door handles are knuckle-breakers, front door opening has big bump-out along back edge that seems to ALWAYS catch a hip or arm on the way in or out. If seat is adjusted high enough for comfortable driving, it's too high to get in and out without hitting my head on the roof edge. Can't tilt wheel out of the way easily either.

Outside looks. That's it.

Go back to the (ergonomics) drawing board on the interior. I don't care if it's Italian leather and burled honey chestnut trim with soft white LEDs bathing it in glorious light, if it's not usable, what good are pretties?