2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Chrome trim
By damage44 on 03/14/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford on 04/11/11 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

Big Shift
By headflex on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car should have the luxury brands worried. I've been a BMW owner since 2007 until this year when I made the switch back to Ford. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned was my 1988 5.0 and now Ford has me back in the saddle again with a smile on my face. Sorry Beamer aside from great performance you have a lot of work to do to meet American bang for the buck!

Interior design is terrible
By John on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Who designed the interior? All glitz and looks, poor function and space usage. The front console and dash waste space. Several passengers commented how claustrophobic the front seat space is. HUGE blind spots particularly B-pillar. Buttons galore on center stack with no thought apparently to making them easy to find or use intuitively or without looking. Interior door handles are knuckle-breakers, front door opening has big bump-out along back edge that seems to ALWAYS catch a hip or arm on the way in or out. If seat is adjusted high enough for comfortable driving, it's too high to get in and out without hitting my head on the roof edge. Can't tilt wheel out of the way easily either.

My Dream Ride
By BReed on 09/02/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had 1988 Sport Thunderbird and nothing has compared to my T-Bird, until Now! I LOVE this car. I opted for all the Bells and Whistles, except for the DVD Navigation. I do however, suggest that every new Taurus owner invest in BLIS. This car does have some blind spots that you really have to adjust to, so BLIS is a necessity as far as I am concerned! The trunk is even every families dream. Did I mention that "I LOVE THIS CAR!" as well as MANY other drivers, I have Never had so many people compliment me on my "Nice Ride" (regardless of age) as in this car!

Love my Taurus
By lglass on 07/26/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.

Decent so far
By GUNGHO on 05/08/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my 06 mustang gt and got the taurus. They only had a black exterior and black interior limited in my area so I bought it. Mistake indeed. Never owned a black car before and WOW!!! wash it in the morning and its filthy by days end. Anyway the black interior plastic looks horrible in sunlight. The sony stereo isnt very good. radio sounds better then CD's, Ipod and Sat. strange. Drivers seat is uncomfortable no matter how I adjust it. Passenger seat is comfortable. again strange. Rear deck under rear window rattles from stereo bass and over bumpy roads. Dual climate doesnt work. and nasty smell from AC. Engine whines a little under normal load.

2010 Taurus Limited FWD
By jdydiesel on 04/29/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife this car 3 nights ago, as of right now all I can say is WOW! I would drive this car 24-7 if I had a choice. I might just have to go get one myself. The exterior styling is second to none on the market and the interior is huge, comfortable, and makes you want to stay in the car.

Miss my Acura TL
By JR on 04/27/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In these tough economic times, I felt guilty driving an import. Sold my Acura to my brother-in-law, and purchased a Taurus. I like the roominess, but I question the reliability. Stalls out every time I fill the tank, and struggles in shifting gears for the first 20 miles or so after a refueling. At this moment, it is in the shop for a second time in two months to address this problem. In five years, I never needed anything beyond oil changes for my Acura...in five months, the Taurus has been in the shop 3 times....can you say lemon law?! God Bless America, but one should still be wary of her cars. I miss my Acura, and I'm going back to imports!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$102 per month*