2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
By yaris4 on 08/03/13 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The cars styling inside and out is very modern. Easy to use dials and SYNC. True hands free driving experience. Comfortable seats which are heated, powered and have a massage feature. I have no problem with rear pillars as i check my blinds spots when is change lanes. If you are a heavy set person the cockpit will be tight. If you are average sized person cockpit is snug and can hold 3 beverages and has huge storage compartment. Gauges are easy to see both night and day. Averaging 21 mpg. Trunk is huge. 4 sets of golf clubs are no problem.

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair on 04/13/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

Happy salesman
By Salesman on 07/20/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Ford Taurus SEL with everything but leather in June. I already have five thousand miles on the car and I still can't find any problems or complaints. People stop me on the street to comment on the styling and color (Candy Red) I love the car and I am getting 27.2 mpg on the highway and 22 off. Average of 24.8 overall. Car has great power, love the steering wheel controls and the dash design. Interior lighting is nice. I put a lot of miles on and my only recommendation to Ford would be the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable, but it isn't bad. Car rides like a dream, and for the money there is nothing else like it.

Ford made a four door sports car!
By yankee32 on 06/25/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a 35 yr old male who went from owning an 2005 five hundred ltd awd which I loved and was a great family car and a cruiser to the 2010 Taurus! Ford has made owning a family car fun once again! The power, handling, the sound system and the style inside and out is just unreal!! Thank You ford!

You must drive this car
By LOVELYMSBIG on 06/14/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a pleasure to drive this car! It is beautiful inside and out, and the sync just makes it over the top. We have back up sensors, which add a huge relief in parking lots; sync, salesman even hooked both of our cell phone up and it already has our phone books in it. We love Sirius radio and are thrilled that we can hear it in the new car too! We chose the steel blue (2011 will be Kona Blue---very bright) with black interior. The one word I would use for it inside is stunning. My sister bought an 2011 Avalon about a month ago, and the interior of this vehicle rivals it. We chose not to have leather though. You must test drive this one!

Marginal Quality
By Davd Hert on 05/19/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far in the first 6000 miles I have had to take the car in 3 times. Once in the first 25 miles for an alignemnt issue and again at 4700 miles for a tire failure and again at 5400 miles for a tire sensor monitor failure. The first repair was taken care of okay. Had to wait 4+ hours for the repair as the had to take the front end of the car apart to get the alignemnt right. The 2nd and 3rd issue(s) Ford has failed to stand behind thier warranty or their product...based on my early on experience with this car I would recomend looking at some of the foreign competition before getting one.

Love it!
By racebannon on 05/06/10 04:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Just bought it last month, traded in a Mercedes C Class b/c the family is growing and I needed a roomier car. Drive is smooth and quiet. Test drove at least 10 larger/luxury sedans including Mercedes E350, Audi A-8, Dodge Charger, Nissan Maxima and kept coming back to the Taurus. For the money, you get the best performance and most features. The sync system is great, love the way the car handles and drives. Has plenty of power, interior is great, opted for the leather. The trunk is HUGE. I'll have no problem hauling kids and all their gear around in this battle cruiser.

Ford's New Flagship
By RaceBannon on 04/30/10 03:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love my new Taurus. I have an SEL FWD, took it on a highway trip yesterday and the ride is more smooth and quiet than the Mercedes C Class I just traded in for it. Needed a bigger family sedan for hauling kids around and the Taurus definitely delivers in this category. I can easily fit 3 car seats in back, or 3 adults for that matter. Performance is great with good acceleration both from a stop and at highway speeds. The car corners well for such a large sedan.

Best Ford I've ever owned (since 1955)
By Mr.Bill on 04/18/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery on October 1st, I think it was one of the first in Houston. Saw the next one three weeks later. It's the best American car I've owned, and so far (9,500) as good as my Acura RL, Infinity Q45, and BMW 5 series. It has to be one of the best values in America. Absolutely ZERO problems in 6 months and 9.000 miles. Only complaint is the BIG Ford emblems tattooed all over. Get some class like the Germans and Japanese and use small name badges. Tight body and suspension, plenty of power, Sync system is great. Climate control is fantastic. Huge trunk, plenty of room in interior, and dressed with great accessories. Fantastic car! And it's America!

Not your daddy's Taurus
By driver A on 04/05/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new Taurus is not your father's car. With the demise of the Crown Vic, it has become to flagship Ford and it deserves to be. I have had Fords since the 1960's and this one is a whole different animal. It has a few flaw, gas mileage could be better and there are two bad blind spots. However, The Lincoln MKS is the same car with lipstick on it and a price tag of 7 grand more. All colors are nice but the sparkling Black is super.The leather interior, heated seats, Sync system, Sirius radio, paddle shifters, keyless entry. It's a great product for a fair price. Most dealers have only a few on hand. Look around its worth the wait and enjoy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*