Used 2010 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Transmission slips since new
By edgogo

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.

Favorite Features

Quiet and comfortable ride.. Don't think I will buy another one though.

Suggested Improvements

Need a more reliable transmission!

Unresolved Problem
By Not Happy

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the vehicle for 3 days and the wrench light appeared after a foul raw fuel smell was entering the drivers cabin. The Ford dealership managed to turn off the wrench light but not the raw fuel smell. It has been over 3 months in and out of the repair shop and they can't resolve the the raw fuel smell issue. We are concerned about out health driving this vehicle and Ford dismisses that there is any serious problem. If you're looking for reliability dependable transport look elsewhere. I regret selling my 12 year old Volvo with 200K at least the vehicle was easily serviceable.

Favorite Features

None at this point.

Suggested Improvements

Attention to quality and reliability.

Company car
By kman

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

12,000 miles so far. Driver's seat needed lots of fine tuning to get comfortable. Tranny feels confused when slowing and accelerating with cruise. Tach races when slowing. Great looking. Good handling. Poor visibility, espescially backing. Needs rear parking assist. Good gas mileage for power. Excellent traction control and braking. LOW ground clearance in front, be careful. Could use a few more options for price. I think I like the characteristics of the 2009 "grandpa" model a little more. No name tires have been good, so far.

Favorite Features

Handling is very good. Mileage is good, considering power. Styling is attractive. Big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is very poor. Rear park assist should be std. Not many bells and whistles for cost. Tranny makes me nervous for the long haul.

Impressive Vehicle
By Eric C.

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Handles well for a large vehicle. The cabin is quiet and feels like a you are in a luxury vehicle. The seats are very comfortable, especially on long rides. Everything is well laid out. The engine is quiet and not underpowered. Averaged close to 30 mpg on the hwy traveling @ 65-70 mph.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, comfortable interior and well laid out controls. HWY gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Rearward vision is terrible, especially when backing. Sometimes when passing you have to floor the gas pedal in order to have the engine downshift.

Fix The Interior And It's A Winner
By Nicky T

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior design on this car is lacking. The center console is WAY TOO BIG and wastes a lot of valuable space. I wish I had taken the time to rent one before I bought this but unfortunately I'll have to put up with the interior the way it is. Otherwise, it is a really solid car

Favorite Features

Everything but the interior comfort level

Suggested Improvements

Either reduce the size of the console or make a bench seat available. A car this size should have the ability to seat six without wasting space on a useless console.