Used 2010 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
By yaris4

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The cars styling inside and out is very modern. Easy to use dials and SYNC. True hands free driving experience. Comfortable seats which are heated, powered and have a massage feature. I have no problem with rear pillars as i check my blinds spots when is change lanes. If you are a heavy set person the cockpit will be tight. If you are average sized person cockpit is snug and can hold 3 beverages and has huge storage compartment. Gauges are easy to see both night and day. Averaging 21 mpg. Trunk is huge. 4 sets of golf clubs are no problem.

Favorite Features

SYNC, HVAC, and radio systems are easy to use. Steering controls for your media functions are the best I have seen. Quiet comfortable interior. Lots of room in back seat. Engine and transmission work in harmony.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo speakers could be better but I will upgrade my speakers come next father's day...LOL.

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

Suggested Improvements

I get a lot of leaves stuck under the trunk lid. Not IN the trunk, just under the lip. Easy to clean, but a little annoying.

Happy salesman
By Salesman

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Ford Taurus SEL with everything but leather in June. I already have five thousand miles on the car and I still can't find any problems or complaints. People stop me on the street to comment on the styling and color (Candy Red) I love the car and I am getting 27.2 mpg on the highway and 22 off. Average of 24.8 overall. Car has great power, love the steering wheel controls and the dash design. Interior lighting is nice. I put a lot of miles on and my only recommendation to Ford would be the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable, but it isn't bad. Car rides like a dream, and for the money there is nothing else like it.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design. I get people who will roll down their windows to compliment on the street. Ride is superior to anything else I've owned, and I've always had very nice cars.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility can be an issue so you have to be careful, bliss on all models would be nice.

Ford made a four door sports car!
By yankee32

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a 35 yr old male who went from owning an 2005 five hundred ltd awd which I loved and was a great family car and a cruiser to the 2010 Taurus! Ford has made owning a family car fun once again! The power, handling, the sound system and the style inside and out is just unreal!! Thank You ford!

Suggested Improvements

Instead of plastic paddle shifters on the steering wheel try using billet shifters!

You must drive this car
By LOVELYMSBIG

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a pleasure to drive this car! It is beautiful inside and out, and the sync just makes it over the top. We have back up sensors, which add a huge relief in parking lots; sync, salesman even hooked both of our cell phone up and it already has our phone books in it. We love Sirius radio and are thrilled that we can hear it in the new car too! We chose the steel blue (2011 will be Kona Blue---very bright) with black interior. The one word I would use for it inside is stunning. My sister bought an 2011 Avalon about a month ago, and the interior of this vehicle rivals it. We chose not to have leather though. You must test drive this one!

Favorite Features

SYNC; comfortable seats; cool dials and gauges; doesn't need a cap on the gas, and the very smooth and quiet ride. I didn't think we'd love this car so much!

Suggested Improvements

Please Ford, make the lower end vehicles more available. We drove 52 miles to the worlds biggest selling ford dealership. They were the only ones that had more than 3 Taurus on their lots, most of the others had one Sho and one expensive SEL. To have an SE with a low base price if one cannot find 1