2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
By yaris4 on 08/03/13 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The cars styling inside and out is very modern. Easy to use dials and SYNC. True hands free driving experience. Comfortable seats which are heated, powered and have a massage feature. I have no problem with rear pillars as i check my blinds spots when is change lanes. If you are a heavy set person the cockpit will be tight. If you are average sized person cockpit is snug and can hold 3 beverages and has huge storage compartment. Gauges are easy to see both night and day. Averaging 21 mpg. Trunk is huge. 4 sets of golf clubs are no problem.

Love the car so far.
By taur12 on 04/05/13 13:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

at 90,000 miles, no probs, love to drive this car

Chrome trim
By damage44 on 03/14/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair on 04/13/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford on 04/11/11 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

Transmission slips since new
By edgogo on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.

Big Shift
By headflex on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car should have the luxury brands worried. I've been a BMW owner since 2007 until this year when I made the switch back to Ford. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned was my 1988 5.0 and now Ford has me back in the saddle again with a smile on my face. Sorry Beamer aside from great performance you have a lot of work to do to meet American bang for the buck!

Interior design is terrible
By John on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Who designed the interior? All glitz and looks, poor function and space usage. The front console and dash waste space. Several passengers commented how claustrophobic the front seat space is. HUGE blind spots particularly B-pillar. Buttons galore on center stack with no thought apparently to making them easy to find or use intuitively or without looking. Interior door handles are knuckle-breakers, front door opening has big bump-out along back edge that seems to ALWAYS catch a hip or arm on the way in or out. If seat is adjusted high enough for comfortable driving, it's too high to get in and out without hitting my head on the roof edge. Can't tilt wheel out of the way easily either.

My Dream Ride
By BReed on 09/02/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had 1988 Sport Thunderbird and nothing has compared to my T-Bird, until Now! I LOVE this car. I opted for all the Bells and Whistles, except for the DVD Navigation. I do however, suggest that every new Taurus owner invest in BLIS. This car does have some blind spots that you really have to adjust to, so BLIS is a necessity as far as I am concerned! The trunk is even every families dream. Did I mention that "I LOVE THIS CAR!" as well as MANY other drivers, I have Never had so many people compliment me on my "Nice Ride" (regardless of age) as in this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*