Used 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
By yaris4

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The cars styling inside and out is very modern. Easy to use dials and SYNC. True hands free driving experience. Comfortable seats which are heated, powered and have a massage feature. I have no problem with rear pillars as i check my blinds spots when is change lanes. If you are a heavy set person the cockpit will be tight. If you are average sized person cockpit is snug and can hold 3 beverages and has huge storage compartment. Gauges are easy to see both night and day. Averaging 21 mpg. Trunk is huge. 4 sets of golf clubs are no problem.

SYNC, HVAC, and radio systems are easy to use. Steering controls for your media functions are the best I have seen. Quiet comfortable interior. Lots of room in back seat. Engine and transmission work in harmony.

Stereo speakers could be better but I will upgrade my speakers come next father's day...LOL.

Love the car so far.
By taur12

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

at 90,000 miles, no probs, love to drive this car

Chrome trim
By damage44

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

Design

Ford has a quality problem. Whichever vendor made the tailights did not adhere the chrome correctly and it will peel. Ford will replace if the vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. But they are replacing it with the same faulty tailight assembly. Once the chrome peels again Ford will not replace them if the warranty has expired. Quite a shame for Ford to knowingly use the same faulty tailight assembly to replace another.

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

I get a lot of leaves stuck under the trunk lid. Not IN the trunk, just under the lip. Easy to clean, but a little annoying.

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Interior is nice to sit in and wait for the tow truck to pick you and your new car up

Ford needs to vet thier part supplier better.