2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Transmission slips since new
By edgogo on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.

Unresolved Problem
By Not Happy on 07/12/10 05:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the vehicle for 3 days and the wrench light appeared after a foul raw fuel smell was entering the drivers cabin. The Ford dealership managed to turn off the wrench light but not the raw fuel smell. It has been over 3 months in and out of the repair shop and they can't resolve the the raw fuel smell issue. We are concerned about out health driving this vehicle and Ford dismisses that there is any serious problem. If you're looking for reliability dependable transport look elsewhere. I regret selling my 12 year old Volvo with 200K at least the vehicle was easily serviceable.

Company car
By kman on 05/16/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

12,000 miles so far. Driver's seat needed lots of fine tuning to get comfortable. Tranny feels confused when slowing and accelerating with cruise. Tach races when slowing. Great looking. Good handling. Poor visibility, espescially backing. Needs rear parking assist. Good gas mileage for power. Excellent traction control and braking. LOW ground clearance in front, be careful. Could use a few more options for price. I think I like the characteristics of the 2009 "grandpa" model a little more. No name tires have been good, so far.

Impressive Vehicle
By Eric C. on 04/12/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Handles well for a large vehicle. The cabin is quiet and feels like a you are in a luxury vehicle. The seats are very comfortable, especially on long rides. Everything is well laid out. The engine is quiet and not underpowered. Averaged close to 30 mpg on the hwy traveling @ 65-70 mph.

Fix The Interior And It's A Winner
By Nicky T on 01/14/10 10:32 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior design on this car is lacking. The center console is WAY TOO BIG and wastes a lot of valuable space. I wish I had taken the time to rent one before I bought this but unfortunately I'll have to put up with the interior the way it is. Otherwise, it is a really solid car

Best CAR for the money!!!!
By bondo on 01/04/10 12:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My only complaint is the poor view out of the rear window. That being said you cannot find another car with as much power, room, features and comfort at this price point. I am a travelling salesman and have put over 11,000 miles on the car in a little over 3 months. Like 99.99% of Americans I drive on Interstates and suburban roads, not on the autobahn. This is a big, comfortable car that has more than enough power and handling to cope with any driving conditions you will encounter. Do yourself a favor, if you want a car that you can drive for work during the week and then on the weekends take your family for comfortable ride, look at the Taurus.

why would you buy an import ???
By Harry on 10/26/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is unbelivable . The best review for someone is to just drive it .Great handeling ..takes corners like a sports car but has the quality and apperance of a luxery car ,but the price tag of an economy car ..this is one solid car ..makes me wonder why anyone would purchase import garbage ..

So far so good
By JanaG on 10/08/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 92 Ford Taurus, decided to try the modern Taurus for my self. The car seems much bigger than its predecessor. But the handling of te car has improved. Got this car a bit over the MSRP which was about $25,170. Two very critical things, hopefully the car will be reliable. Especially in the transmission department. And secondly, the interior design is still not quite up to par as the rest of the auto industry. Since Asia makes great components now, I know for fact that GM, Ford, and Chrysler use cheaper, higher quality, interior components, the same ones Hyundai uses in fact to be installed on their cars.

What a Car
By John on 09/20/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford out did themselves on this one. What a beautiful machine...Car rides like a dream....Beautiful design in and out....I love my new Taurus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$130 per month*