Used 2010 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great family car with AWD an the extra benefit of speed
By carguy161

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car new in the winter of 2010. Initially had some minor issues that Ford took care of with various Technical Service Bulletins. These are service advisories that Ford sends out to the dealers in authorization to fix minor issues that might be troublesome to the owner. Transmission reprogramming, brake pad/rotor change, rear shelf rattle, chrome peel on taillights. All minor. Since the TSB's, no other maintenance has been performed except oil changes and tire rotations, in 36k miles. Three years later and people still ask me if its a brand new car. The shine and exterior trim his holding remarkably well. The car is very fast and comfortable. Stock 0-60 times are 5.2 seconds.

Favorite Features

Smooth, very quite, ride. Perfect highway car. Massaging front seats, heated/cooled front seats, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control with collision avoidance (which has saved us a few times on those overcrowded interstates doing 70-0 every mile or so). Great 600 watt Sony stereo with Sync. Hands free voice for climate, navigation, texting, phone. Ford includes, with Sync, free lifetime emergency notification (dials 911). Auto headlights, highbeam, wipers, auto lock, huge trunk. AWD, traction control, ESC, and heavy weight of the car means that it will go in the snow like a tank. Average 21MPG in urban traffic, and 29MPG on the interstate. Low maintenance cost.

Suggested Improvements

More luxurious interior (though was addressed in 2013). Track key would be cool, like offered on Mustang. Factory tune kit would be good (third parties offer kit for $1k that gives you 420HP). Smoother powertrain in bumper/bumper traffic at low speeds.

Second car overall, First car bought.
By choridrex

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a 19 year old kid, this is my second car, first one I bought tho, off an '03 Sunfire. Paid 25k for a 2010 SHO with 48'000 miles on it. First off, I must say that this car was my hearthrob when I started looking to by myself something. I went to try it and totally fell in love. The word for this car is VALUE. It is LOADED for cheap when you get it used, great american ballsy look and comfy ride, comfy luxurious interior, yet is quick and agile, with that awesome engine sound.. It's truly the best of both worlds.. Ford is coming back. This is better than any similar priced car and even pricier cars. Get german luxury and performance for cheap and bonus reliability.

Favorite Features

Twin-turbo V6, Front seats move in ways I couldnt even imagine, the car almost cooks me dinner, it's LOADED. Ambiance lights, SYNC, very very quiet cabin, bulky and feels very secure from inside. Auto dual climate control, sony sound system, the whole dash, leather inserts, well, almost everything.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system. It's, well, complicated. You got a NAV button and a Destination button, NAV seems to be for the settings, yet youve got a settings pannel somewhere else... It's confusing, and entering an address via voice command takes ages and requires too much attention while driving. Also, maybe it's because I'm off a sunfire, which pretty much has you driving laying down, but it took my awhile to adjust all the seats and pedals to my liking, now I'm comfortable but I sometimes think the headrests are awkward.. You cant be slouched in the seats, youve got to sit straight to be comfortable.

Love my SHO
By carguy161

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, limited production, I obtained a signed certificate from Ford which is pretty cool. Very quite and powerful car. Great highway mileage. If you buy a 2010, be sure to have the dealer perform the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for a few minor issues. I have spent under $100 in the last two years in service and maintenance.

Favorite Features

Technology, weather radar, traffic updates, great stereo, love bluetooth streaming music, also has USB port for jump drive loaded with tunes, massaging seats are nice for long trips. AWD works great in snow. Automatic cruise control is nice in traffic, like the collision warning system, been saved several times by the cross traffic alert when backing out of parking spaces once warned of a kid approaching on his bike, after two years still get asked about it and find groups gathered around it in parking lots.

Suggested Improvements

Less chrome

I should have bought the Venza
By sleepless1

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a joke and so is Ford. 43,000 miles 45 days in shop Chrome peels off tail lights Fuel injector failed Brakes failed Transmission feels like slipping Numerous issues while driving I do not feel safe in this vehicle a couple near misses My family will not ride in this car JUNK JUNK JUNK

Suggested Improvements

TEST THE VEHICLE BEFORE BRINGING TO THE MARKET PLACE

Great car
By garyg

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my SHO for 7 months and like the car better every day. No defects, no service needed, great performing sedan. Mine has the multi-contour seats with massage which I never thought I would use but have grown to enjoy. The adaptive cruise and blind spot alerts work flawlessly. Originally I bought this as a third car, one that I could trade off with my wife for commuting or go into the mountains for skiing. My main driver was a Porsche. This car is so good on the commute, I am afraid to let my wife try it for her commute. I don't think I would get the car back. Every guest in the car has been equally impressed.

Favorite Features

Multi-contour seats, adaptive cruise, rear camera and parking alerts, seamless low-end power, stereo, Sync, Bluetooth integration, quiet, collision avoidance, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

A few added inches of rear leg room