2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great family car with AWD an the extra benefit of speed
By carguy161 on 10/10/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car new in the winter of 2010. Initially had some minor issues that Ford took care of with various Technical Service Bulletins. These are service advisories that Ford sends out to the dealers in authorization to fix minor issues that might be troublesome to the owner. Transmission reprogramming, brake pad/rotor change, rear shelf rattle, chrome peel on taillights. All minor. Since the TSB's, no other maintenance has been performed except oil changes and tire rotations, in 36k miles. Three years later and people still ask me if its a brand new car. The shine and exterior trim his holding remarkably well. The car is very fast and comfortable. Stock 0-60 times are 5.2 seconds.

Second car overall, First car bought.
By choridrex on 09/08/13 23:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a 19 year old kid, this is my second car, first one I bought tho, off an '03 Sunfire. Paid 25k for a 2010 SHO with 48'000 miles on it. First off, I must say that this car was my hearthrob when I started looking to by myself something. I went to try it and totally fell in love. The word for this car is VALUE. It is LOADED for cheap when you get it used, great american ballsy look and comfy ride, comfy luxurious interior, yet is quick and agile, with that awesome engine sound.. It's truly the best of both worlds.. Ford is coming back. This is better than any similar priced car and even pricier cars. Get german luxury and performance for cheap and bonus reliability.

BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
By yaris4 on 08/03/13 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The cars styling inside and out is very modern. Easy to use dials and SYNC. True hands free driving experience. Comfortable seats which are heated, powered and have a massage feature. I have no problem with rear pillars as i check my blinds spots when is change lanes. If you are a heavy set person the cockpit will be tight. If you are average sized person cockpit is snug and can hold 3 beverages and has huge storage compartment. Gauges are easy to see both night and day. Averaging 21 mpg. Trunk is huge. 4 sets of golf clubs are no problem.

Love the car so far.
By taur12 on 04/05/13 13:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

at 90,000 miles, no probs, love to drive this car

Love my SHO
By carguy161 on 05/22/12 12:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, limited production, I obtained a signed certificate from Ford which is pretty cool. Very quite and powerful car. Great highway mileage. If you buy a 2010, be sure to have the dealer perform the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for a few minor issues. I have spent under $100 in the last two years in service and maintenance.

Chrome trim
By damage44 on 03/14/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

I should have bought the Venza
By sleepless1 on 08/17/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a joke and so is Ford. 43,000 miles 45 days in shop Chrome peels off tail lights Fuel injector failed Brakes failed Transmission feels like slipping Numerous issues while driving I do not feel safe in this vehicle a couple near misses My family will not ride in this car JUNK JUNK JUNK

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair on 04/13/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford on 04/11/11 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there. I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Not a good experience
By Mr. Lemon on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy a Ford, so I traded in my Acura TL and ultimately purchased a Taurus Limited. Based on the reviews, I must have gotten the runt of the litter. The car was in the shop twice within the first three months, and ultimately the entire gas tank was replaced. The car still has a lurch with each gear change, and I've had two passersby mention that my car is making noises "that it shouldn't". Add to that flaking chrome trim after 10 months being kept in a garage, and I guess you can say I miss my Acura. Just waiting to get into the next model year, I'll take my beating at the trade-in, and I'll go back to the import that I know will last me many years to come.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$130 per month*