2009 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2009 Taurus leaps above 2010/2011 model
By steve on 07/25/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2009 Taurus SEL w/only 2700 miles on vehicle. I am 6'4'' and my wife is 6'1'", this car gives us both great room. We are getting 18-20 city, 20-22 combined, and 29-32 hwy! Car rides really well. I had a 2001 sable and loved it, the 2009 Taurus is a big step up! Loved the 2009 Taurus, went back a month later to look at 2010/2011 Taurus, what a let down! 2010/2011 Taurus has MUCH SMALLER interior! Front seats are cramped, and the back seat. They are a joke. In our 2009 Taurus I can sit in the back seat, with the front seats all the way back, and still have 3-4 inches of clearance between my legs and the back of the front seat! Big letdown Ford in the 2010/2011 Taurus!

Exceeds expectations
By Steve on 11/20/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rented an '09 Taurus early this year and, once I got past the stodgy styling, really loved it. I was waiting for the 2010 model to make a purchase because, from the pictures I'd seen, the 2010 just looked racier. But when I actually saw a 2010 I found it lacked the visibility and interior spaciousness that are what attracted me to the '09. I now have over 5,000 miles on the car. Quiet, roomy, effortless to drive. Best back support and seating position of any car I have ever owned. Synch feature is great for hands free phone conversations.

Great Car
By Matt on 11/07/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first new car my wife and I have ever purchased, had always purchased year old cars before this one. The Taurus is very smooth and comfortable car... and big, which I like because it will probably be big enough to keep us from purchasing a minivan (ugh) in the future. Just took the first long trip and got 33 mpg with a little tailwind and 27 going back into the same wind. For a 4000 pound car, I think that's more than acceptable. My wife drives it to work and gets about 20-21 around town. One thing I like about this car is the interior room. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6' and we both appreciate that Ford recognizes that there are people in the world taller than 5'8"!

So close, but with annoying flaws
By Ted in NH on 09/28/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving position is one of worst I have had, pedals too close, steering wheel too far, lack of seat side support, low beams are terrible, bad torque steer, subject to wind gusts, noisy engine under acceleration, whiny transmission shifts that passengers ask about, radio display disappears unless you have the dash display up full, can't rest arms on rests and reach steering wheel but can't reach the 10 and 2 wheel positions because wheel is so far away, you end up leaning forward to reach the top of the wheel to turn, pushing the wiper sqirter can turn on signal lights or brights, most anoying is the intrusion of the front wheel wells into the foot wells - uncomfortable

sofar so good
By charles zambito on 06/27/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i reluctently traded in my 2005 ford freestyle awd with cvt transmission after 37,000 miles. i hate to admit it but the 2009 taurus with fwd rides more comfortabaly than i expected and is superquiet on highway travel. local mpg at around 16 and 26-28 on the highway. The 3.5 engine is an improvement over the 3.0 of the Freestyle. Interior is tastefully done and the heated leather seats are fabulous. I would recommend this vehicle without any hesitation at all.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$114 per month*