Used 2009 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best Ford ever
By carguy1654

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let's just say it's the most comfortable car I've ever drove. You can feel the road and feel on top of the car. VERY roomy. I'm over 6 ft. And 250 pounds and I can sit in the back seat no problem. I can get 30 mpg on it. Horsepower is insane. If you are debating over the Five Hundred, get a taurus. WAY more horsepower and weirdly more comfortable for having almost the same interior. Also more stylish and reliable than the 500. I have a friend who has a Five hundred with a CVT transmission and it has gone out times. With the taurus, they replaced it with a 6 speed transmission so you won't have that problem. Then only 500s without trans Problems is the limited with 6 speed trans. Get taurus.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, heated mirrors, leather, steering wheel controls, sync, leather interior, chrome package, ROOM.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely nothing

Great Vehicle
By mlg

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After auto accident with 2002 Chrysler 300M, obtained the 2009 Taurus as a rental. Fell in love immediately!! Test drove all other American-made sedans in this class along with a few 7- passenger crossovers. Nothing compared in interior room, fuel economy, features, and price! Three adults fit very comfortable with 41" leg room in back seat, quiet and smooth ride, classy appearence, loaded with features, get 28.9mpg on interstate @70mph using cruise.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, Sync system, USB plug for iPod, roomy back seat with lots of leg- room for teenager + 2 car seats, lots of storage in cabin and huge trunk, chrome accents.

Suggested Improvements

The only feature I miss is there was not an option for stereo controls (volume, station change) on steering wheel.

Ford is Back!
By Ford is back!

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! Is this car a hidden gem, owned it 2 months almost, 3k miles so far. I'm so impressed I encouraged my mother in law to drive when car shopping last week. She was sold and traded her '00 Honda Accord. Big on inside but drives like smaller car. Super comfortable, and upgrade stereo and AWD are very nice options. Drive this car and you will see!

Favorite Features

Safety, style, power, gas mileage, comfort for 6 adults!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger nav screen

Ford keeps improving
By DocJim

2009 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only one week with this, but we have driven a Ford Freestyle 2005 for 3 1/2 years. The 1993 Explorer needed to be replaced and the prices were getting really good in late Nov 2008. My wife and I have been thrilled with the AWD Freestyle (restyled the Ford Taurus X now) and expected this Taurus sedan to do well. It has exceeded in comfort, maneuverability and radio the excellent older Freestyle. My wife now feels "disloyal" to her Freestyle by liking this new sedan even more. Unable to comment on mileage yet or reliability. Ford got it right with the 500/Freestyle and they keep on improving the design. We can see well and we are supremely comfortable.

Favorite Features

Warm seats in the winter, seat moves back when key removed from ignition and forward when key put into ignition, startlingly good radio. Like the SYNC system.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard trunk lid button and rear keylock for opening the huge trunk. It is only done from a tiny button on the large key.