2009 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2009 Taurus leaps above 2010/2011 model
By steve on 07/25/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2009 Taurus SEL w/only 2700 miles on vehicle. I am 6'4'' and my wife is 6'1'", this car gives us both great room. We are getting 18-20 city, 20-22 combined, and 29-32 hwy! Car rides really well. I had a 2001 sable and loved it, the 2009 Taurus is a big step up! Loved the 2009 Taurus, went back a month later to look at 2010/2011 Taurus, what a let down! 2010/2011 Taurus has MUCH SMALLER interior! Front seats are cramped, and the back seat. They are a joke. In our 2009 Taurus I can sit in the back seat, with the front seats all the way back, and still have 3-4 inches of clearance between my legs and the back of the front seat! Big letdown Ford in the 2010/2011 Taurus!

Exceeds expectations
By Steve on 11/20/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rented an '09 Taurus early this year and, once I got past the stodgy styling, really loved it. I was waiting for the 2010 model to make a purchase because, from the pictures I'd seen, the 2010 just looked racier. But when I actually saw a 2010 I found it lacked the visibility and interior spaciousness that are what attracted me to the '09. I now have over 5,000 miles on the car. Quiet, roomy, effortless to drive. Best back support and seating position of any car I have ever owned. Synch feature is great for hands free phone conversations.

Great Car
By Matt on 11/07/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first new car my wife and I have ever purchased, had always purchased year old cars before this one. The Taurus is very smooth and comfortable car... and big, which I like because it will probably be big enough to keep us from purchasing a minivan (ugh) in the future. Just took the first long trip and got 33 mpg with a little tailwind and 27 going back into the same wind. For a 4000 pound car, I think that's more than acceptable. My wife drives it to work and gets about 20-21 around town. One thing I like about this car is the interior room. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6' and we both appreciate that Ford recognizes that there are people in the world taller than 5'8"!

Six speed equals awfull ride
By James on 10/13/09 06:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a die hard blue oval fan this is very hard to write.Let me give you a little history about me and Ford. My first car ever was a white Ford Taurus in high school/college, then a F-150 king ranch pickup in the Marine Corp, when the gas prices went up I got a ford 500. I know own a 09 Taurus limited AWD and it is the worst car i have ever owned. The six speed transmission is pathetic at best constantly sifting and the shifts are not smooth by any means, I have had several people ask me if there was something wrong with my car when they were riding with me.. Why did ford get rid of the CVT ???and ruin the car with the six speed. It's so bad I'm getting rid of the car and it has 9753 miles!!

So close, but with annoying flaws
By Ted in NH on 09/28/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving position is one of worst I have had, pedals too close, steering wheel too far, lack of seat side support, low beams are terrible, bad torque steer, subject to wind gusts, noisy engine under acceleration, whiny transmission shifts that passengers ask about, radio display disappears unless you have the dash display up full, can't rest arms on rests and reach steering wheel but can't reach the 10 and 2 wheel positions because wheel is so far away, you end up leaning forward to reach the top of the wheel to turn, pushing the wiper sqirter can turn on signal lights or brights, most anoying is the intrusion of the front wheel wells into the foot wells - uncomfortable

Cream Puff Cocoon meets American Tank
By All American Muscle on 08/24/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

How could something so heavy duty and solid be so quiet and soft. I nicknamed my Taurus the silver cloud, because it is light as air floating silently down the highway and yet built so solid it feels like it weighs 10,000 pounds. Power is adequate, powerband gives you the power on time and when you need it. Basic stereo, seats and interior are highest quality equipment I have ever seen on a standard model of a car. The car is the luxury buy of the century. The space inside the interior makes you feel like you never left the comfort of your home. Tall friends, small friends, all friends, remark of the comfort, silent interior, smooth ride. Import owner friends are confused and mystified

sofar so good
By charles zambito on 06/27/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i reluctently traded in my 2005 ford freestyle awd with cvt transmission after 37,000 miles. i hate to admit it but the 2009 taurus with fwd rides more comfortabaly than i expected and is superquiet on highway travel. local mpg at around 16 and 26-28 on the highway. The 3.5 engine is an improvement over the 3.0 of the Freestyle. Interior is tastefully done and the heated leather seats are fabulous. I would recommend this vehicle without any hesitation at all.

I love my Taurus
By karenmelissa98 on 05/13/09 16:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed a good dependable car, I'm a Hospice nurse. I drive in all kinds of weather and needed lots of room for all of my nursing supplies. I absolutely love this car and have no complaints about it.

Great Car for the Money
By Ed on 04/18/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I needed space for the car seat for my new baby so I was looking for a mid to full size sedan. I actually purchased a Ford Fusion, but when I got home, I noticed that the space for the baby car seat was not adequate. So I went to the dealer and changed that vehicle for the Ford Taurus, and I am pleased that I did so. I looked also at the Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300 and Hyundai Sonata. But none of them come close to the Taurus in terms of the combination of interior room, price, reliability and options.

Great Vehicle
By mlg on 04/03/09 05:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After auto accident with 2002 Chrysler 300M, obtained the 2009 Taurus as a rental. Fell in love immediately!! Test drove all other American-made sedans in this class along with a few 7- passenger crossovers. Nothing compared in interior room, fuel economy, features, and price! Three adults fit very comfortable with 41" leg room in back seat, quiet and smooth ride, classy appearence, loaded with features, get 28.9mpg on interstate @70mph using cruise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.