Used 2009 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Weary
By bemon

2009 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm updating my review title from "Disappointed" to "Weary" as of June 2016. I haven't been stuck with any major repairs (other than wear and tear items) since those stated below and we routinely put on 400 km over a weekend while visiting family. Here's to hoping we get many more trouble free years from this car. As I mentioned before, it's an absolutely perfect highway cruiser in terms of comfort. If I can call it reliable too, then that's all we need in a car.

I picked up a used 2009 Taurus limited in December 2014. As of June 2015 it's been in the shop 4 times, and has totaled over 4k in repairs. It's racked with electrical gremlins, has required multiple sensor and gasket replacements and worst of all a timing chain job. I'm the second owner, and it has lest than 100,000 km on the clock.

I made the poor decision to finance this car, so I'm stuck and can only continue to throw money at it and hope I've seen the last of my problems.

It's a comfortable car that gets compliments, but it's had so many problems I feel nervous driving it.

Best Ford ever
By carguy1654

2009 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let's just say it's the most comfortable car I've ever drove. You can feel the road and feel on top of the car. VERY roomy. I'm over 6 ft. And 250 pounds and I can sit in the back seat no problem. I can get 30 mpg on it. Horsepower is insane. If you are debating over the Five Hundred, get a taurus. WAY more horsepower and weirdly more comfortable for having almost the same interior. Also more stylish and reliable than the 500. I have a friend who has a Five hundred with a CVT transmission and it has gone out times. With the taurus, they replaced it with a 6 speed transmission so you won't have that problem. Then only 500s without trans Problems is the limited with 6 speed trans. Get taurus.

Heated seats, heated mirrors, leather, steering wheel controls, sync, leather interior, chrome package, ROOM.

Absolutely nothing

2009 Taurus leaps above 2010/2011 model
By steve

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2009 Taurus SEL w/only 2700 miles on vehicle. I am 6'4'' and my wife is 6'1'", this car gives us both great room. We are getting 18-20 city, 20-22 combined, and 29-32 hwy! Car rides really well. I had a 2001 sable and loved it, the 2009 Taurus is a big step up! Loved the 2009 Taurus, went back a month later to look at 2010/2011 Taurus, what a let down! 2010/2011 Taurus has MUCH SMALLER interior! Front seats are cramped, and the back seat. They are a joke. In our 2009 Taurus I can sit in the back seat, with the front seats all the way back, and still have 3-4 inches of clearance between my legs and the back of the front seat! Big letdown Ford in the 2010/2011 Taurus!

Room, comfort, the way it sits up higher, mileage. Great car. So far. ; )

Make cars with more manual seat controls, instead of power and a longer manual sliding track!. I hate power seats!

Exceeds expectations
By Steve

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rented an '09 Taurus early this year and, once I got past the stodgy styling, really loved it. I was waiting for the 2010 model to make a purchase because, from the pictures I'd seen, the 2010 just looked racier. But when I actually saw a 2010 I found it lacked the visibility and interior spaciousness that are what attracted me to the '09. I now have over 5,000 miles on the car. Quiet, roomy, effortless to drive. Best back support and seating position of any car I have ever owned. Synch feature is great for hands free phone conversations.

Quiet! Seating position, back support, visibility are all excellent.

Would like a little more "oomph" when I hit the gas.

Great Car
By Matt

2009 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first new car my wife and I have ever purchased, had always purchased year old cars before this one. The Taurus is very smooth and comfortable car... and big, which I like because it will probably be big enough to keep us from purchasing a minivan (ugh) in the future. Just took the first long trip and got 33 mpg with a little tailwind and 27 going back into the same wind. For a 4000 pound car, I think that's more than acceptable. My wife drives it to work and gets about 20-21 around town. One thing I like about this car is the interior room. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6' and we both appreciate that Ford recognizes that there are people in the world taller than 5'8"!

The Edmunds reviewer said the V-6 is "course," I think it's a great sounding engine. Good power and fuel economy, interior and trunk space. Seats are pretty comfortable. Lots of cup holders and bins for holding all of your stuff. Sirius is nice. Transmission is flawless.

Wish it had electric power steering like the new Fusion has.