2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: What a Bargain

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

What a Bargain
By fredco on

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 08 Ford Taurus last week and can't believe what you get for the money. Since 1998, I had five Cadillac Devilles and two Eldorados. When I drive the Taurus, I don't see much difference between it and the Devilles that I've had. I suppose there may be a little more road noise in the Taurus, but not much. I've been resetting my mileage gauge when I go from city to highway or highway to city driving to see how the mileage looks. So far, it appears that I'm getting about 17 city and 28 highway which is great for a car that is this big, comfortable and safe. I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

With stability control, this is a very safe, solid car. The build quality and fit and finish appear to be top notch. Based on my impressions, I don't understand why the highways aren't full of 08 Tauruses.

The console cover needs padding. It is very uncomfortable to rest your elbow on the console while steering with your right hand. I had a trim shop pad the top of the console and it made a huge difference in comfort. Also, telescopic steering would be a welcome addition to this car.