2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Not your father's Taurus

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Not your father's Taurus
By JK on

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

Uncommon features are standard and plentiful- fog lamps, power seats in both front, AC duct in rear seat area, digital display/ info system. We need a new cell phone for using Sync feature, but has some interesting looking uses. My prior Ford ownership experiences have mostly been good ones.

Shifts a little weird in slower neighborhood driving but not too bad. Do a better job trimming the trunk.