Experience With New 2008 Ford Taurus
By Rom Buescher on
2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
In nearly 11,000 miles, I have found the car to be excellent. With 60 yrs, +900,000 miles, of driving experience in all makes of automobiles, I consider it one of the best cars I have ever purchased. It is comfortable, roomy, quiet, smooth, reliable, safe and peppy. I get >27 mpg hiway, 23.3 overall & I'm not a slow driver. Appearance - very good, finish - superb, both in & out. I'm baffled how your review can be so negative. I disagree with almost every rating, e.g. brakes are not mushy. I find them to be quick & very effective. Same for steering - precise with litle body roll & stable on all road conditions.
Favorite Features
Room, comfort, ride, visibility, high seating (& I'm not small - 6'3", 220#) performance, reliability, finish, quiet, legroom (with front seat back, has lots of legroom in rear)
Suggested Improvements
Reduce glare on front window & instrument panel in some sun positions. Make dash lights brighter so they are more visible in bright sun. Use some color other than red for dash displays. Like 10% of males, am somewhat red-green color blind