Excellent Large Sedan
By snarlyyow on
2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I had originally intended to purchase a Honda Fit from the used car dealer. One thing led to another and I dug this Taurus sitting on the lot. It was a handsome design and, honest to God, I didn't even know they still made Taurus'. I did some homework and bought the car a few days later with just over 80k on the engine. It's been over a year since then I've put nearly 40k on the engine in the last 15 months. The Taurus has been through its paces, that's fer sure. And at this point I think I can give it a half decent review. Pros: It's been totally reliable. I've recorded 26 mpg with the AC running. And it looks real nice washed up. Cons: It's abundantly dull to drive.
Favorite Features
I love how much room the Taurus has. I'm never embarrassed to ask adults to sit in the large back seats. The trunk is massive, so large that I don't clean it nearly as often as I should. And, as I said before, it looks great even after five years on the market. Apparently it's also really safe though I've luckily not had to test that feature. It has some power if you ask it to but it doesn't seem to like it much. It's much happier to cruise and rides like a champ.
Suggested Improvements
I'm short and the seats on long drives can get uncomfortable.