Disapointed
By Disapointed on
2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had my Taurus SEL for 1 year and 2 months and put 17K miles on it. Other than the engine noise around town & the reliability, I like the car, but the reliability is to the point I'm looking to buy Toyota or Honda. I get 24 on the highway, unlike 30+ as others say. The good: Nice design. Nice interior. Nice headroom. Good long distance car. The bad: In the year I had it, it's now been in the shop 8 times to fix problems. Currently in shop for 2 days to fix loud tapping noise when air is turned on/off. Last week it was in shop for 2 days to replace bearings on struts. A month before, replaced other bearings..all for squeak/grinding noise. Replaced rubber seal around door.
Favorite Features
Replaced light bulbs in fron and back. The very next day after I bought the car, light went out on foglamp!
Suggested Improvements
Improve the build quality and reliability. Too many little things are going wrong and although it's currently covered under warranty, I'm scared to death thinking of the cost of parts & and labor at $103/hour to fix this stuff after warranty. No more Fords for me!