Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Exceeded My Expectations
By Shacker

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car. Quiet, comfortable, and cruises the highway exceedingly well. (Just 2000 RPM at 78 mph) Road noise is very low. Previously driven Chevy Impalas and this Taurus is clearly well above it in style, fit, and finish. I've been trying to stay with an American brand sedan. This car is definitely worth a look and a test drive. I ordered the SEL with leather option, and upgraded radio package.

Quite ride and effortless cruising. Trunk is huge too while interior is equally spacious.

I've only had for 500 miles so none yet to think of.

Great Transmission
By GPalmer

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

From the outside, this car doesn't look much bigger than my 2005 Taurus, but specs say its 20" longer. The trunk is massive -able to fit two bikes in there with extra room. Haven't tried to fit it into the garage yet! Kudos for the 6spd transmission. It shift just where it ought to shift and still provides an avg 24mpg on the big 6-cyl motor (Highway I'm showing 28mpg!). Radio sounds nice and is easy to operate. Sunroof is well-designed with pop-up to reduce wind noise. I'm two weeks into this car and am very impressed. Just wish they'd made the "ink blue" color a tish lighter; it seems, from a distance, to be black. Will follow-up at six months.

I Love My Taurus
By hondagirl

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Taurus about 5 days ago, I was in an Explorer. I just can't get over how big the interior is on this car, it seems like its bigger than the explorer. I also had a camry prior to the explorer and this car beats the Camry, the ride, the comfort, the roomy backseat. I would recommend this car to everyone thats looking for a sedan. This car is just an outstanding vehicle.

My favorites would have to be the safety, all the airbags. I also enjoy the dual climate control, and the comfortable seats.

I would love to see Ford come out with a rear spoiler for the cars.

Three Reasons To Buy This Car
By doctor who

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride, room (cabin and trunk), and a quiet cabin! The 2008 Taurus is large! It has the most back seat room and the largest trunk I have ever seen in a six-cylinder car, no contest! The new Taurus is heavier than the 2007 Five Hundred which gives it a smoother ride, but the Five Hundred was a little more nimble. Take it on the highway where it belongs! 3.5L engine is a significant improvement over the Five Hundred but acceleration has only been upgraded to adequate. Rather quiet cabin, turn on the radio and hear almost nothing outside! Glides over bumps in the road. The high seating position is great, and the (front) seats give good support for your back. Very comfortable inside.

Truck space and rear seat room, plus the smooth ride and very quiet cabin.

Acceleration could still be improved. Taking the on-ramp onto a busy highway requires you to floor the gas pedal to get on. The view through the rearview windshield is vertically narrow, but the large side-view windows compensate for this.