2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Best car yet
By m wilson on 09/27/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the the best cars Ford, or anyone else, ever built. I should know I have bought over 20 new vehicles in my lifetime. It is a cross between a Ford 500 and a Volvo. This car will holds its own with anything built in Europe or Japan. Has the ride of a Lexus, the handling of a small car, and the horsepower of an Audi. The biggest plus is it is huge- as big as a Crown Vic inside- and sill I am getting 27.5 MPG in combined driving. It is like paying for a Ford and being given a Lincoln.

This isn't a rental car anymore!
By Paul on 09/22/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, what an improvement over the old jellybean style Taurus that lived only at rental car fleets and some taxi fleets! It's beautiful to look at, angular but not like a CTS, rounded but nothing like the old one. It has 'presence' and attracts looks, something other than the 1986 Taurus couldn't do. A VAST improvement over my last Ford, a Mercury Mistake, err, Mystique with the disappearing transmission. Well done Ford!

Exceeded My Expectations
By Shacker on 09/05/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car. Quiet, comfortable, and cruises the highway exceedingly well. (Just 2000 RPM at 78 mph) Road noise is very low. Previously driven Chevy Impalas and this Taurus is clearly well above it in style, fit, and finish. I've been trying to stay with an American brand sedan. This car is definitely worth a look and a test drive. I ordered the SEL with leather option, and upgraded radio package.

Great Transmission
By GPalmer on 09/03/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

From the outside, this car doesn't look much bigger than my 2005 Taurus, but specs say its 20" longer. The trunk is massive -able to fit two bikes in there with extra room. Haven't tried to fit it into the garage yet! Kudos for the 6spd transmission. It shift just where it ought to shift and still provides an avg 24mpg on the big 6-cyl motor (Highway I'm showing 28mpg!). Radio sounds nice and is easy to operate. Sunroof is well-designed with pop-up to reduce wind noise. I'm two weeks into this car and am very impressed. Just wish they'd made the "ink blue" color a tish lighter; it seems, from a distance, to be black. Will follow-up at six months.

I Love My Taurus
By hondagirl on 09/01/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Taurus about 5 days ago, I was in an Explorer. I just can't get over how big the interior is on this car, it seems like its bigger than the explorer. I also had a camry prior to the explorer and this car beats the Camry, the ride, the comfort, the roomy backseat. I would recommend this car to everyone thats looking for a sedan. This car is just an outstanding vehicle.

"08 Ford Taurus A Step Up!
By Russ on 08/29/07 03:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new 2008 Ford Taurus is definitely a step up from my previously owned 2005 Ford Five Hundred. From acceleration, to handling, to quietness, the Taurus is much improved over the Five Hundred. The attention to detail in the interior cabin design was greatly enhanced, the seats are still the most comfortable we have found in this class car, and in at least a dozen other ways, great and small, the car is an improvement over the Five Hundred basic concept. The gas mileage is a bit disappointing, but I enjoy the new power and feel of the engine! The '08 Taurus is a winner!

Did I just buy a Ford?
By dzier217 on 08/09/07 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a new Ford Taurus Limited AWD, and never thought I would own a Ford since my Pinto back in the 70s. I was ready to buy the Avalon when I heard about the 2008 Taurus. Very tight and solid flat ride really suprised me. Ergonomics outstanding. A few gaffs like other American cars, but am seeing the same thing on some Toyotas and Hondas.

08 Ford Taurus Limited
By Dale Hurren on 07/24/07 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this car about two weeks ago and already have 1750 miles on it. It is a real nice car to drive and comfortable ride. It also has a lot of power, lot more then the 500 that I drove. I live in Middle Tn. in a rural area which is all hills and curves and we are able to get 22.5 to 23.4 mpg. We went to Kentucky and set the cruise at 65 and got 32.8 to 33.1 mpg.

Great Vehicle
By Bob on 07/06/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has hit a homerun with this redesigned and renamed vehicle. Owned a 2005 Expedition prior to the 2008 Taurus and do not have one regret.

Three Reasons To Buy This Car
By doctor who on 06/30/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride, room (cabin and trunk), and a quiet cabin! The 2008 Taurus is large! It has the most back seat room and the largest trunk I have ever seen in a six-cylinder car, no contest! The new Taurus is heavier than the 2007 Five Hundred which gives it a smoother ride, but the Five Hundred was a little more nimble. Take it on the highway where it belongs! 3.5L engine is a significant improvement over the Five Hundred but acceleration has only been upgraded to adequate. Rather quiet cabin, turn on the radio and hear almost nothing outside! Glides over bumps in the road. The high seating position is great, and the (front) seats give good support for your back. Very comfortable inside.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.