2008 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sort Reviews by

Happy with the car, but with exceptions
By Sweetwaterguy

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced my 98 Avalon with the 08 Taurus. It is as quiet as the Avalon, has more interior room, and comfortable- -even for a 6'5" guy. Fuel economy is very important to me, and I am very disappointed. A recent drive, Wyoming to Iowa and back netted only 25.5 mpg hand calculated. I would consistently get 30 on the old Avalon doing the same route. It missed the EPA estimate by 2.5 mpg, and I drove conservatively as I typically do. Also, I find the heater, a/c, and fan controls on the lower dashboard are small and difficult to locate and adjust when driving. I would give a strong recommendation for the Taurus, but my disappointing gas mileage might make it a deal killer.

Favorite Features

Interior room, quiet, a trunk large enough to host a party, and overall fit and finish. The transmission shifts smoothly and accurately.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify and enlarge dashboard controls. Dashboard is too busy and making adjustments while driving may create safety issues, particularly with senior drivers.

Value Value!
By brucelinc

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus is a screaming value. It simply rides and drives more "expensive" than it is. In addition, the level of standard equipment is impressive, considering the price. The 3.5 and 6 speed automatic work beautifully together. It is much smoother, more refined, quieter, and more powerful than the old Ford Five hundred.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride, engine performance and smoothness, solidness of the body, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

A telescoping steering wheel would be a worthwhile improvement. Also, I would prefer the ability to manually control the transmission.

Great Car.
By Midwest Dude

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've put about 4,000 miles on since October. My first Ford and very impressed with the combination of space and mileage. Very quiet car on the road. We're able to stick 3 car seats in back which is very important for this young family. I've been driving on snow and ice recently and it feels very secure in those conditions. The ergonomics of the car are quite nice. My only complaint is I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. Lots of soft surfaces inside. The auto climate control has been the surprise feature for me. It works great and the fans are really pretty quiet. You set it to a temperature you like and never have to worry about messing with controls again. Good Job Ford!

Favorite Features

Auto climate control, stability control system, back up sensor, puddle lamps, moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is good, but should be better. Telescoping steering wheel.

The Taurus is back with a Bang!
By lovford

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the new Taurus on a whim one Saturday and loved it so much I bought it on the spot. We took it on its first road trip this week and it drives and handles great with an average of 22 mpg highway and in the city 17 mpg. I am very impressed with the overall fit and finish and the back seat has the leg room that can realy fit real adults. Excellent driving car with superior a safety rating. Highly recommed everyone test drive the Taurus before buying any other car!

Favorite Features

Large enterior and trunk space, 40/60 split back bench seat, dual climate controls, heated seats, back up sensors, great handling, very comfortable and quiet ride, and great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel

Our 2nd Taurus
By Dan Willis

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wouldn't have thought I'd buy another Taurus. Our kids are gone and we was thinking sports car. Go figure, my wife saw the new Taurus and was in love. The new engine transmission combination is a dream. Interior comfort and style are all a person could ask for. We wanted to get a black exterior but didn't like the way the black stiching showed up on the gray leather. We went with the white exterior with the tan leather. Turns out to be a great combination. We've had the car four months now and couldn't be happier. Havn't taken a long trip yet so can't comment on milage. City MPG seems to be around 18. Only complaint is my wife won't let me drive the car.

Favorite Features

Interior room and comfort. Exterior styling. I like the clean lines. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Would of liked Sync. Is there an after market version. Turn signal control is awkward. Push button radio and heat controls can be difficult with gloves on.

Our Return to Fords
By Barry Gran

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are Motorhomer's and wern't happy with what we were flat towing (06 Jeep Liberty Limited). We started to look at several flat towable cars. We found out the new Taurus was flat towable. We have driven Crown Vic's prior to our last car, so we really had to be pleased. After the test drive, we were convinced this was a great car. After 3 weeks and 1500 miles, we still think this was a great choice. Rides great, handles great and the power is great. Must watch the speed. My combined mileage is 22 to 23 mpg. Highway driving at 65mph in Florida results in 30 to 31 mpg. A great choice for anyone. Were not buying great looks, just a great car with a lot of safety, handling & being towable.

Favorite Features

Just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Sync wasn't available when we purchased ours. Would like to have had it. Next One.

New '08 Taurus Ltd.
By '08 Taurus

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Almost purchased a Cadillac CTS, but wanted something slightly larger. Thought I may be taking a step down with the Taurus - I was wrong! Very happy with this purchase. I have 1200 miles on my new '08 Taurus Ltd., it looks and feels like a luxury car. Ride quality is outstanding, interior very comfortable and roomy. Very nice car to drive.

Favorite Features

Ride quality. Comfort. Safety features. Reverse sensing feature. Large interior. Rear seat leg room. Navigation system. Satellite radio

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal control position. Dashboard a little bland

Ford's big come back Car
By vloh

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The big 4 never came close to the imports until now. Ford has outclassed all of the foreign cars that I've driven. Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, BMW 3 and 4 series, none of them come close to delivering what the Taurus has: Good value, unsurpassed quality, performance, comfort and beauty. I'm surprised to say that I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Ford Taurus. For this past 20 years, I've only driven the Taurus cars when I had to rent them or when I was required to drive one for the Army. I wasn't impressed with it before. I am now. It's the best car that I have ever owned. I can see having this car for this next 5 years or more. Good job Ford. Thanks for the redesign!

Favorite Features

European styling, safety rating, higher HP along with higher MPG (Ford has proven that this is possible). Comfort! My kids love this car so it has an appeal that spans the generations.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth (Is this the synch that is planned for later this year? -Can we get this as an add-on for already existing models?) Puddle lights as a standard feature or after market add-on. Redesigned radio facade -It's the old design, could we buy the new radio when you come out with it?

08 Taurus Limited
By Kris

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Taurus Limited 6 weeks ago and have already driven it 2900 miles. Gas mileage so far has averaged 17 city and 27 highway. We traded in an 04 Volvo XC90 which we liked, looking for a reasonably priced car that had good interior and cargo space along with good power. The Taurus fit the bill. We chose the white exterior which looks sharp in combination with the bright wheels. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Overall space, back up sensors, good ride, nav, Sirius radio, safety, elevated seating.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see a telescoping steering wheel and more driver knee room.

My 2008 Ford taurus
By jason rachkofski

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to sell our Windstar and buy a 2008 Taurus. I'm amazed at the increase in power from the 3.0 to the 3.5 and the fuel economy seems to be the same.

Favorite Features

Horsepower improvements, and the car handles very well. Safety features are second to none!

Suggested Improvements

The radio could use improvements.Intergrated phone system woulb be nice.