2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Value Value!
By brucelinc on 01/04/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus is a screaming value. It simply rides and drives more "expensive" than it is. In addition, the level of standard equipment is impressive, considering the price. The 3.5 and 6 speed automatic work beautifully together. It is much smoother, more refined, quieter, and more powerful than the old Ford Five hundred.

Great Car.
By Midwest Dude on 12/18/07 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've put about 4,000 miles on since October. My first Ford and very impressed with the combination of space and mileage. Very quiet car on the road. We're able to stick 3 car seats in back which is very important for this young family. I've been driving on snow and ice recently and it feels very secure in those conditions. The ergonomics of the car are quite nice. My only complaint is I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. Lots of soft surfaces inside. The auto climate control has been the surprise feature for me. It works great and the fans are really pretty quiet. You set it to a temperature you like and never have to worry about messing with controls again. Good Job Ford!

The Taurus is back with a Bang!
By lovford on 12/15/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the new Taurus on a whim one Saturday and loved it so much I bought it on the spot. We took it on its first road trip this week and it drives and handles great with an average of 22 mpg highway and in the city 17 mpg. I am very impressed with the overall fit and finish and the back seat has the leg room that can realy fit real adults. Excellent driving car with superior a safety rating. Highly recommed everyone test drive the Taurus before buying any other car!

Our 2nd Taurus
By Dan Willis on 12/06/07 18:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wouldn't have thought I'd buy another Taurus. Our kids are gone and we was thinking sports car. Go figure, my wife saw the new Taurus and was in love. The new engine transmission combination is a dream. Interior comfort and style are all a person could ask for. We wanted to get a black exterior but didn't like the way the black stiching showed up on the gray leather. We went with the white exterior with the tan leather. Turns out to be a great combination. We've had the car four months now and couldn't be happier. Havn't taken a long trip yet so can't comment on milage. City MPG seems to be around 18. Only complaint is my wife won't let me drive the car.

Our Return to Fords
By Barry Gran on 11/09/07 14:51 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are Motorhomer's and wern't happy with what we were flat towing (06 Jeep Liberty Limited). We started to look at several flat towable cars. We found out the new Taurus was flat towable. We have driven Crown Vic's prior to our last car, so we really had to be pleased. After the test drive, we were convinced this was a great car. After 3 weeks and 1500 miles, we still think this was a great choice. Rides great, handles great and the power is great. Must watch the speed. My combined mileage is 22 to 23 mpg. Highway driving at 65mph in Florida results in 30 to 31 mpg. A great choice for anyone. Were not buying great looks, just a great car with a lot of safety, handling & being towable.

New '08 Taurus Ltd.
By '08 Taurus on 11/04/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Almost purchased a Cadillac CTS, but wanted something slightly larger. Thought I may be taking a step down with the Taurus - I was wrong! Very happy with this purchase. I have 1200 miles on my new '08 Taurus Ltd., it looks and feels like a luxury car. Ride quality is outstanding, interior very comfortable and roomy. Very nice car to drive.

Ford's big come back Car
By vloh on 11/02/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The big 4 never came close to the imports until now. Ford has outclassed all of the foreign cars that I've driven. Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, BMW 3 and 4 series, none of them come close to delivering what the Taurus has: Good value, unsurpassed quality, performance, comfort and beauty. I'm surprised to say that I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Ford Taurus. For this past 20 years, I've only driven the Taurus cars when I had to rent them or when I was required to drive one for the Army. I wasn't impressed with it before. I am now. It's the best car that I have ever owned. I can see having this car for this next 5 years or more. Good job Ford. Thanks for the redesign!

08 Taurus Limited
By Kris on 10/25/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Taurus Limited 6 weeks ago and have already driven it 2900 miles. Gas mileage so far has averaged 17 city and 27 highway. We traded in an 04 Volvo XC90 which we liked, looking for a reasonably priced car that had good interior and cargo space along with good power. The Taurus fit the bill. We chose the white exterior which looks sharp in combination with the bright wheels. Highly recommend this vehicle.

My 2008 Ford taurus
By jason rachkofski on 10/05/07 05:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to sell our Windstar and buy a 2008 Taurus. I'm amazed at the increase in power from the 3.0 to the 3.5 and the fuel economy seems to be the same.

Taurus is nice but rather bland
By Rome Man on 10/02/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this as a replacement for a 2005 500 SE with the CVT transmission. The new engine and transmission is better than the old 3.0/CVT setup for everyday driving and the ride is softer and quieter too. I like the interior better with richer looking woodgrains and improved fit and finish. The exterior is where my disappointment lies. This is where I like the 500 better. The rear end of the 08 Taurus looks plainer than the 500. The 500 also had body side moldings which help protect the sides of the car and broke up the tallness and plainess. Seems like this is happening on many new cars, a way for the manufacturers to cheapen the car and save money perhaps. Also a glovebox light would be nice

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.