Used 2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Disapointed
By Disapointed

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus SEL for 1 year and 2 months and put 17K miles on it. Other than the engine noise around town & the reliability, I like the car, but the reliability is to the point I'm looking to buy Toyota or Honda. I get 24 on the highway, unlike 30+ as others say. The good: Nice design. Nice interior. Nice headroom. Good long distance car. The bad: In the year I had it, it's now been in the shop 8 times to fix problems. Currently in shop for 2 days to fix loud tapping noise when air is turned on/off. Last week it was in shop for 2 days to replace bearings on struts. A month before, replaced other bearings..all for squeak/grinding noise. Replaced rubber seal around door.

Replaced light bulbs in fron and back. The very next day after I bought the car, light went out on foglamp!

Improve the build quality and reliability. Too many little things are going wrong and although it's currently covered under warranty, I'm scared to death thinking of the cost of parts & and labor at $103/hour to fix this stuff after warranty. No more Fords for me!

Its back,and its american.
By john olsen

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We still own a 1994 taurus, and when we need a new car we bought this one. My what a great car, and its american. It is very quiet which was one of the most important factors as we looked around. The new engine seems to have plenty of power. The only thing I don't like is, I wish it had more room for your feet. Other than that the steering wheel tilt is kind of strange, two postions. My old Taurus has more.

Outside temp reading, interior, smoothness of the transmission. This is a great looking car.

Foot room

Absolutley Phenomenal Car!
By Ryanrz

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 42k+ miles a year so yes I drive a lot. After having some unexpected problems with my Camry I figured I'd give a Ford a try. Let me start out by saying this was a replacement for an 07 Camry XLE V6. My wife has a 08 Accord EXL. First of all it is so much more comfortable, my mileage is 28.5 on the highway and 20 in town. It has power to spare. It runs and drives worlds ahead of both my Camry and my wife's Honda. My Camry had 88k on it when I traded it in. Many problems with engine, cv issue, had rotors replaced under warranty, and tranny leaked at 85k. Was not cheap to repair. I am approaching 102k and have never seen a dealer for anything but regular maintainence. Unreal

Exquisite comfort, 268 hp, 6-speed automatic, top notch quality interior and exterior, Michelin tires, front and rear side airbags, great fuel economy, Microsoft Sync, USB port in glovebox next to aux input

Advertise better so that people know what a quality automobile.

It's Ford's flagship for a reason
By Frank

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although this it's technically my mother's car, I do most of the driving and this car is amazing! I had a '92 Taurus and this car is light years beyond it. The engine is smooth and powerful (you can't hear it running, I have to look at the tach to make sure sometimes). Very good fit and finish as well, interior is comfortable but my only gripe for the whole car is that the driver's side needs more room for your feet side to side. AWD is great, I was driving through snow banks, where my old FWD got hung up every time, with ease. No wheel slippage that I could even detect. Perhaps the best thing is the "command seating". You sit high and can see almost like you're in a pickup, it's great!

Smooth, strong engine. Seating position is great for egress and exiting as well as visibility. AWD is very reassuring in slippery conditions. Interior that is nice and comfy and doesn't feel cheap. Back seat, I am 6' tall and 380 lbs. and I can sit in the back seat with the fronts all the way back!

More foot room on driver's side! (plenty of leg room though).

Taurus/500
By Don

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 500 AWD which was an excellent car. Bought it used , ex rental, I drove it until 2008 and never put a penny into it except normal services. During that time I got 30mpg on the highway at posted speeds. If you put your foot down the mileage dropped like everything else on the road. Best big car I have had. In 2008 I had promised myself a new 500. When Ford changed the name I pretty well gave up until I tried it out. The car is not much different than the 500 except the trans and engine. Otherwise the Taurus is a 500. I have the sel AWD which handles better than anything else I have including a 2007 F150 4X4. This truck I leave parked during the winter and drive the car. Best car yet

AWD, Sync, comfort, good power

Dash lights are hard to see when the headlights are on during the day. Have to turn the lights off to read the dash. Haven't figured this one out yet

• SUV