2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2008 Taurus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Found My Dream Car
By HAPPY CAR BUYER

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Gas mileage is awsome for such a large car. The only thing I could say is improve the exterior design, it is so boring!

Favorite Features

Love how it comes standard with fog lights. Very comfortable. Great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Nothing besides make the exterior design look like a Germen sports car!

Best Value Sport/Luxury Sedan
By tommygunn

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My last two vehicles have been an Infinity M-45 and a Lexus GS-400. I would rate my Taurus right there with these two vehicles for much less money. I admit I drive my vehicles very hard and my Taurus is up for the task. Highway cruising at 75mph plus is a dream with a smooth comfortable ride and enough power to easily overtake slower vehicles when passing. The handling in city traffic is surprisingly good. I prefer a performance/luxury car and my Taurus fits the bill.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage and a lot of car for the money.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see dual exhaust on the vehicle.

Finally an American car steps up!
By valleycars1

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a score for Ford! The fuel economy and safety are great, but what really sold me was the interior space. I am a 6'8" 300 pound man, and this car gives me room to spare. Mix all that together with the European design and this is the best American sedan i've ever driven.

Favorite Features

260 horse, 29mpgs, crisp handling, and size.

Suggested Improvements

Better selection of wheels.

Awesome car with an old name
By Craig H.

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very comfortable car for larger size folks, the best part of this car is a consistantly fantastic fuel economy. On the interstate, cruise control set to 70 mph an awesome 31.5 MPG! A 20 gallon tank give me 400+ range. The power of this car is very nice, great acceleration, it's quiet with a very nice sound system. Hard to pass this car up, hands down beats the Accord and Buicks in overall comfort and economy..

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, a true 30MPG+ with large car comfort, advanced features and styling..

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a lighted glove box and possible a 12V plug in the trunk. Offer the Limiteds chrome rims for the SEL package..

I Love My New Taurus
By 423REED

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was going to buy a Ford Escape or a Ford Edge, but my son said to try the new Taurus. I bought the Taurus SEL FWD, which is almost 200 lbs lighter than the Limited AWD. The Taurus 3.5L V6 engine with its 263 HP is as fast as my old 2004 Marauder with its V8 and 302 HP, but with 18/28 MPG! Its also just like a baby Lincoln. Probably the best sedan for the money around, considering its roominess, performance, handling, ride quality, quietness, and its build quality. I suffer from partial paralysis in my legs, so I need a car that I can get in&out of more easilty. The new Ford Command Seating allows me easy ingress/egress. I feel like a normal person again when I drive our new Taurus SEL!

Favorite Features

Performance. Ride quality and handling. Roominess. Gas mileage. Luxurious feeling of all the trim, leather seating, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Add a tilt/telescope strg whl, like in the Edge. Build an SHO version. Offer Blazing Copper paint (I love this color). Offer 8-way power pass seat also.

New Taurus a hit
By 76TA89Jeep07MTN08Tau

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being 6'-0" and with two teenagers my wife and I appreciate to full size of this car, along with the great mileage!

Favorite Features

Interior space and mileage

Suggested Improvements

None

Best car I have ever owned
By captnmorgan

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked around for about 2 weeks before I found this car. I had been looking at the Mercury Milan or a Fusion before I drove the 500 and decided to test drive a Taurus. I can say this is the best car I have ever driven. The overall quality is well above it's price. Most of my co- workers drive BMW and Mercedes and would rather have my car after looking at it.

Favorite Features

Sat radio and moving pedals. Trunk space is awsome and almost double what my Sonota had. Telescopic steering, not sure why no one else has it.

Suggested Improvements

SYNC standard.

What a Bargain
By fredco

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 08 Ford Taurus last week and can't believe what you get for the money. Since 1998, I had five Cadillac Devilles and two Eldorados. When I drive the Taurus, I don't see much difference between it and the Devilles that I've had. I suppose there may be a little more road noise in the Taurus, but not much. I've been resetting my mileage gauge when I go from city to highway or highway to city driving to see how the mileage looks. So far, it appears that I'm getting about 17 city and 28 highway which is great for a car that is this big, comfortable and safe. I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

Favorite Features

With stability control, this is a very safe, solid car. The build quality and fit and finish appear to be top notch. Based on my impressions, I don't understand why the highways aren't full of 08 Tauruses.

Suggested Improvements

The console cover needs padding. It is very uncomfortable to rest your elbow on the console while steering with your right hand. I had a trim shop pad the top of the console and it made a huge difference in comfort. Also, telescopic steering would be a welcome addition to this car.

Nice car!
By starr

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at Lexus and MBZ before taking a look at the Taurus Limited. I was impressed with its safety rating. I live in the High Sierras and we will get about 20' of snow a year. The Taurus does great in the snow. The Taurus is not an "old mans" car anymore!

Great American Car
By JoAnne Harrell

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tried other cars foreign and domestic, but came back to the Ford. I am a golfer so trunk space was very important. The interior design and comfort are impressive. Getting use to the SYNC with hands free dialing--not available on foreign cars yet. Came with serius radio. Drive and ride are very quiet and comfortable. Previously had a Camry and 300M. This car is already a more impressive car. Should be a fierce competitor. Way to go Ford!

Favorite Features

Trunk space, comfortable interior, breathable leather, adjustable pedals, memory settings, driving performance and quiet ride, Sync and Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Side moldings should be an option to protect from dings.