2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
By GPalmer on 05/18/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now the car has 12K miles. Hasn't seen a shop, still quiet as day one, still a really great car! Now car- pooling with 4 adults: all are comfy and comment on how roomy and the quite ride. Really can't say how impressed I am with Ford for making a great car! This is a company car provided me; if they tried to recall it, I'd fight like mad to buy it!

2008 Ford Taurus SEL
By Mary E on 05/15/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband wanted large and luxury. I wanted mid sized and fun. I lost out as this car has not one sporty bone. This is a road numbing boat car, remniscent of the Olds 98 my parents drove in the 70's. You can steer it at low speeds with one finger. There is none of that Ford/German stiffness/road feel like in my 01 Taurus, which I still love. But this car doesn't get much less fuel economy than say the Malibu. It has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy, with the Interior Convenience Pkg which has good stuff included. And thankfully, Sync works great and is fun; cause I'm not having much other fun driving this car. It's just too big for my tastes.

Could be better
By SDS on 05/12/08 04:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased SEL with leather and Interior Convenience Pkg. Can't understand how some reveiws state MPG at 30 or higher, at 9000 miles, best is 18-19 city, 23-24 hgy at cruise cont.65. What's the secret? Agree w'smooth ride on highway, very nice, but city driving on roads with some rather insignificant bumps, experience loud thump in right rear and left front. Dealer tells me this is carry over from 500 model design and can't be fixed. Very disappointing. Takes away from the driving pleasure.

2008 Ford Taurus Limited Review
By DEF on 05/04/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2008 Ford Taurus Limited and love it. My cruiser is black exterior with black interior heated leather seats. There were a couple of things that sold me on this car. Lots of standard features. 263 horsepower. 28mpg. I was going to get the base SEL but eventually decided for the Limited and I'm glad I did. It has a soft ride and handles better with the larger/lower profile tires. Sound system is great, fit and finish is impressive, rides like a dream, dual temp climate control, tons of room in the front and back seats and the truck is huge. Everyone in the family is thrilled with the car.

Fantastic Ford
By Just Some Guy on 04/29/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven Mercedes, Infinity and Hummer for 20 years so I never thought that I would buy a Ford. But, when gas hit 3.50 a gallon, I wanted better mileage. I stopped at a Ford dealership and drove a Taurus. I couldn't believe it. It is as solid as a Benz and it drives like a dream. The second day I owned it, I drove 1100 miles in one day. I just never got tired. What a great car. Ford should be proud. The 6 speed tranny is so smooth. I am more than impressed.

Experience With New 2008 Ford Taurus
By Romuald Buescher on 04/28/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Am extremely satisfied with 2008 FWD Taurus Limited. Car I bought doesn't have all bells/whistles available but is very nicely equipped. Car is comfortable, very roomy, economical, attractive. Fuel economy excellent for car of this size (30 mpg on highway, cruise control at 74 mph, average terrain). The trunk capacity is astounding and with rear seats and passenger front seat folded down, ability to carry large, long items superior to anything on the road of which I am aware. In short, an outstanding automobile & one that Henry would be proud of. Incidentally, the car is in his only color (black) and my favorite [two tone- (black & chrome)]

New Taurus
By mdennish on 04/28/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Big interior, trunk. Good handling, very quiet on hwy. Good mileage. Fit and finish above average. I am 6,4" and weigh 260 lbs and I have ample room.

This is one heck of a car.
By L. Erickson on 04/24/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 2005 Ford 500 for the new Taurus. What great improvements over the 500. The engine is very responsive, the car is very quiet, the looks are excellent. Fit and finish are excellent. I believe the reliability will be equal to my 500. You count not ask for more car than the Taurus, especially value for the dollar. This car is a winner .

Researcher
By worthitall on 04/23/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After lots of research and looking we settled on the 08 Taurus Limited. Roomy, comfortable, good looks, features. still disappointed in gas mileage. Only getting 23 to 24 on highway, but just now hitting the 1K mileage mark. Hope it improves.

Found My Dream Car
By HAPPY CAR BUYER on 04/22/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Gas mileage is awsome for such a large car. The only thing I could say is improve the exterior design, it is so boring!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.