Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Fantastic Value
By TheGraduate

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

More than enough power. Shifts are incredibly smooth; smoother than the 2008 LE-V6 Camry I drove recently; probably the smoothest transmission I've ever experienced, actually. Engine noise is very muted; most of what you do hear is the exhaust note, which is quiet, but has a nice sound to it, very smooth yet husky. Handling is secure, and the ride is very smooth without being floaty. Brakes respond nicely, without much extra pedal travel. Sync is a pleasure. Seats are broad and supportive, but lack much side bolstering. Makes for easy entry/exit but doesn't hold you tight in corners. The leather is soft and perforated. Stereo sound quality from the more basic 6CD system is great.

SYNC, automatic headlamps, keypad entry on door, 263 hp with a true 28 mpg highway (recently took a 300 mile trip and averaged that, and it's not even broken in yet with only 400 miles on it). Dual climate control,

Lighted glovebox. Sync controls replace volume controls on the steering wheel. Ford still allow volume control from the wheel with Sync. Fully adjustable rear-headrests should be included on the SEL, not just the Limited. Allow more gear selection options than just "D" and "L".

A big surprise from Ford
By sontran

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have used this wonderful sedan for a year. It is quiet, smooth, and very comfortable.I am sure if Ford continues this direction, it will get back to its previous place in the market. I used to have many Japanese cars, and thought never bought an American one. But this Taurus (my first try on American cars) has proved that Ford can make a good car if it wanted to. The Taurus is the kind of car everyone wants: high performance, comfort, affordable price, and save a lot of gas. On my last trip from San Jose to Los Angeles, I have got 30mpg with use of the cruise control.

6-speed automatic

Transmission needs downshift quickly

Ford Has A Winner
By kwc

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this is a hard car to beat in the sedan category. Nice ride, well laid out interior, I can listen to my ipod, plenty of room and a huge trunk. For the size mpg is not bad either, but if you have a heavy foot the mpg goes down quickly.

Five star crash test rating in all categories. ipod(mp3) player ready, big heavy car feel with 28-29 mpg highway.

Sport tuned suspension option, telescoping steering column.

Just had to Share
By Ivanna Drivitt

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking for a car that was safe, comfortable with better than average gas mileage? This is it. This car is the most effortless driving experience I have ever had and I do 30k per year. The ride is quiet, compfortable and a joy for drive and passenger. I was used to driving big cars and never thought I could get used to a vehicle this size. Was I wrong. When I test drove this car I just wanted to keep going. If you are in the market for a car you must consider this one. Mileage is never bad. If you are looking for a superior value in an automobile, you just found it. This is a car that can be driven for a long time and then passed down to kids without them complaining. Drive safe.

The stereo is great. I can hear new instruments and sounds in some of my favorite songs. Crisp. The car has a solid safe feel even driving among trucks. Voice sync is great. If you need to be on the phone a lot it is a must. The heated seat let you stay warm w/out the air blowing.

Speedometer is a little hard to see when the wheel is tilted down. Telescoping wheel. There is no side molding and I shudder to think what my doors are going to look like in a year. The exterior needs improvement.

By GPalmer

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now the car has 12K miles. Hasn't seen a shop, still quiet as day one, still a really great car! Now car- pooling with 4 adults: all are comfy and comment on how roomy and the quite ride. Really can't say how impressed I am with Ford for making a great car! This is a company car provided me; if they tried to recall it, I'd fight like mad to buy it!

I joke that I drive like I have 25hp. I was able to test the acceleration recently and the car shot like a rocket! Not since the high school Camaro have I had such response.

Everyone wants to know: where is the outside air temp gauge?

• SUV