Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A big surprise from Ford
By sontran

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have used this wonderful sedan for a year. It is quiet, smooth, and very comfortable.I am sure if Ford continues this direction, it will get back to its previous place in the market. I used to have many Japanese cars, and thought never bought an American one. But this Taurus (my first try on American cars) has proved that Ford can make a good car if it wanted to. The Taurus is the kind of car everyone wants: high performance, comfort, affordable price, and save a lot of gas. On my last trip from San Jose to Los Angeles, I have got 30mpg with use of the cruise control.

Favorite Features

6-speed automatic

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs downshift quickly

Ford Has A Winner
By kwc

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this is a hard car to beat in the sedan category. Nice ride, well laid out interior, I can listen to my ipod, plenty of room and a huge trunk. For the size mpg is not bad either, but if you have a heavy foot the mpg goes down quickly.

Favorite Features

Five star crash test rating in all categories. ipod(mp3) player ready, big heavy car feel with 28-29 mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

Sport tuned suspension option, telescoping steering column.

Just had to Share
By Ivanna Drivitt

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking for a car that was safe, comfortable with better than average gas mileage? This is it. This car is the most effortless driving experience I have ever had and I do 30k per year. The ride is quiet, compfortable and a joy for drive and passenger. I was used to driving big cars and never thought I could get used to a vehicle this size. Was I wrong. When I test drove this car I just wanted to keep going. If you are in the market for a car you must consider this one. Mileage is never bad. If you are looking for a superior value in an automobile, you just found it. This is a car that can be driven for a long time and then passed down to kids without them complaining. Drive safe.

Favorite Features

The stereo is great. I can hear new instruments and sounds in some of my favorite songs. Crisp. The car has a solid safe feel even driving among trucks. Voice sync is great. If you need to be on the phone a lot it is a must. The heated seat let you stay warm w/out the air blowing.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer is a little hard to see when the wheel is tilted down. Telescoping wheel. There is no side molding and I shudder to think what my doors are going to look like in a year. The exterior needs improvement.

By GPalmer

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now the car has 12K miles. Hasn't seen a shop, still quiet as day one, still a really great car! Now car- pooling with 4 adults: all are comfy and comment on how roomy and the quite ride. Really can't say how impressed I am with Ford for making a great car! This is a company car provided me; if they tried to recall it, I'd fight like mad to buy it!

Favorite Features

I joke that I drive like I have 25hp. I was able to test the acceleration recently and the car shot like a rocket! Not since the high school Camaro have I had such response.

Suggested Improvements

Everyone wants to know: where is the outside air temp gauge?

2008 Ford Taurus SEL
By Mary E

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband wanted large and luxury. I wanted mid sized and fun. I lost out as this car has not one sporty bone. This is a road numbing boat car, remniscent of the Olds 98 my parents drove in the 70's. You can steer it at low speeds with one finger. There is none of that Ford/German stiffness/road feel like in my 01 Taurus, which I still love. But this car doesn't get much less fuel economy than say the Malibu. It has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy, with the Interior Convenience Pkg which has good stuff included. And thankfully, Sync works great and is fun; cause I'm not having much other fun driving this car. It's just too big for my tastes.

Favorite Features

Comfy leather seats with contrast topstitching. Light stone is pretty. The interior convenience pkg provides just enough good stuff such as the auto air which works like a dream. Sync is my favorite thing, and the reverse sensor is good to have.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic wannabe woodgrain. It's cheap, and it scratches easily. Get good quality if you must put woodgrain in the car. Needs telescopic steering wheel!