Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Poor mileage/interior cabin noise
By Frank

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am flabbergasted, all these people stating outstanding mileage. it doesn't sound like my Ford Taurus SEL 2008. I am a conservative driver and this car has not given me l8mpg in the city I usually get about 14 mpg. When I drive out to Valley Stream (Nassau County) I might get 17 mpg, averaging 55 mph. Did Ford put the wrong nameplate on this car? (Joke)

This car is comfortable, the interior and trunk space are great. Regarding the quietness in the cabin, only on pristine roadways. In the Bronx we have many roads that are not too pristine, the roadway bumps and noise invade the cabin mercilessly, which makes listening to the radio next to impossible.

Seating up high, good visibility. Engine compartment, can see very easily what liquids need filling.

Wish that the doors would automatically lock after several minutes. As it is now the doors close after a 1/4 mile when driving.

A Great Car
By Reggie

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Expert or no expert this is simply a very good car!!. I am a fan of any car company when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. This car has everything I wanted and more! From safety to fuel economy, by far it is one of the best purchase of any car on the road. Hands down the 2008-09 Ford Taurus is the best car on the road for the money. I am not getting paid to advertise. All I can say is drive one and you will like what you see too!!

Everything, from the interior and exterior. A well built car!!

I had this car for a year now with no major problems at all.

Old man's car? Not really!
By Roy

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

John Force said "Drive one." I'm glad we did. This is one of the most comfortable cars we've ever owned. It's a Limited. Has everything but a sunroof, which I don't need. We bought it as an un-sold '08 in 2009 and got a great deal. So far 6,000 miles,no problems. My wife calls it an old man's car, but she doesn't see me nail it when I drive alone. It will scoot! Passengers have told us how comfortable the car is. Interior room and trunk space are fantastic. I love the hands free Sync phone and satellite radio. The styling could be better, but these days.... I'll never be happy with a look-alike car. Even so, I'll buy another. Maybe next time the SHO. Take John Force's advice. "Drive one!

Super comfortable heated leather seats.

It looks like everything else out there. Give it more style, some wow factor. The 2010 doesn't have it either. Maybe give it some lines from the Mustang. Anything to jazz it up.

Bad Rear Rotors
By baberalla

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Took car in for 20K check up after having it inspected 6 months earlier. Found out that my rear brakes and rotors are bad. Asked how rear rotors would go bad after 20K miles. Was told manufacturing issue but they were not responsible. Also need new tires after 20K. Want to buy American but looks like Toyota may be getting a new customer.

Rotors

WOW!!!!!!!!!
By John

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford's for the past 30 years and I must say this is by far the best one. Among those Fords was a Lincoln Town Car signature series loaded and theis Taurus has it beat by a mile. Gas mileage is great (29 hwy 22 city). There is more room in this car then in the conversion van I use to own. Comfort is beyond reproach. I always buy used cars about one or two years old and add on extended warranty. I do not think (hope) I will need my 100,000 mile warranty on this vehicle. It is just great. Ford you need to bottle this up and keep it on the shelf for future models. Now is I could only figure out how to put a SHO engine from a 2010 into this 2008 I will be happy.

Everything. Response, comfort, ride, trunk space, leg room in the rear seats, gas mileage, price, and on and on and on. Also I have a rear spoiler on this Ford that was on it when I bought it. Boy does that look cool.

Only problem is that sometimes sync does not understand commands. I would think they would need to work on that problem as I have heard that said by other Ford owners who have it.