2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
First 3000 mile review
By WStaso on 09/07/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 04 Mustang GT in for this car (I needed a back seat) so I know power. The Taurus will accelerate decently if you put your foot down with force--but the mpg really suffers. The Limited series has a quality feel to the interior and the tech system is impressive, especially with the nav and synch. The exterior styling is less impressive, but I was after more space and the car delivers that well. Gas mileage is tricky. I was actually getting better mileage with my GT in town. On the highway I notice that if I drive steady at 70 mph I get about 22.5 mpg; cruising at 65 I get about 24.5; and at 62 (tried today) I get about 26 mpg. Not sure what speed gets 30 mpg--55 maybe?

Update previous review
By sweetwaterguy on 08/31/08 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I indicated in my first review 8 months ago that poor fuel mileage might be a deal killer, although I liked the car very much. My mileage has improved significantly since my first road trip in January. In June my round trip mileage from an identical 2000 mile route improved over 4mpg to almost 31. The difference could be due to winter vs. summer conditions, and break in. My car was new during the first trip. Now I am happy to report that highway fuel economy is excellent. Town mpg's continue to be a little disappointing. Overall, I have found my Taurus to be an excellent road worthy car, expecially for a 6'5" guy like me.

2008 Taurus is Great!
By Ray Eberly on 08/11/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet, comfortable, responsive, good looking, and excellent gas mileage (getting 32 highway). Very smooth ride on the 18" wheels. Excellent visibility with high seating. Build quality is excellent, no problems whatsoever.

The New Taurus
By Richard Sly on 07/14/08 01:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has met all my needs. Performance has been improved to a totaly acceptable level vs the Ford 500. Interior room, both in the front seats and back seats are excellent.. Trunk space is great for traveling and local golfing. Room for 4 sets of clubs- no problem. Fuel economy-city driving is at 20.5 mpg

Fantastic Value
By TheGraduate on 07/02/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

More than enough power. Shifts are incredibly smooth; smoother than the 2008 LE-V6 Camry I drove recently; probably the smoothest transmission I've ever experienced, actually. Engine noise is very muted; most of what you do hear is the exhaust note, which is quiet, but has a nice sound to it, very smooth yet husky. Handling is secure, and the ride is very smooth without being floaty. Brakes respond nicely, without much extra pedal travel. Sync is a pleasure. Seats are broad and supportive, but lack much side bolstering. Makes for easy entry/exit but doesn't hold you tight in corners. The leather is soft and perforated. Stereo sound quality from the more basic 6CD system is great.

A big surprise from Ford
By sontran on 06/14/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have used this wonderful sedan for a year. It is quiet, smooth, and very comfortable.I am sure if Ford continues this direction, it will get back to its previous place in the market. I used to have many Japanese cars, and thought never bought an American one. But this Taurus (my first try on American cars) has proved that Ford can make a good car if it wanted to. The Taurus is the kind of car everyone wants: high performance, comfort, affordable price, and save a lot of gas. On my last trip from San Jose to Los Angeles, I have got 30mpg with use of the cruise control.

Better than my Crown Vic
By CSS on 06/09/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a 2002 performance package Crown vVc - and is the only car we liked when shopping for a new car. It drives like a much larger car and feels like a rear wheel drive car. We dislike front wheel drive torque steer common in so many of today's cars. The Taurus has none of that and has great road manners. I know it's not the fastest, or the sportiest, but it represents great a great balance of comfort, performance, utility and economy. To me that is the mark of a great car. This is a great car!

Quality Job 1
By athleticcajun on 05/31/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think that was Ford's motto a few years back. Well, with this car, they have achieved great quality! This is a great buy and a great car to own. I had a foreign car before this buy, and test drove the Fusion and the Taurus. They were both great rides, but the Taurus won me over because of the size and the same fuel economy as the smaller Fusion. Great job Ford!

Ford Has A Winner
By kwc on 05/20/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this is a hard car to beat in the sedan category. Nice ride, well laid out interior, I can listen to my ipod, plenty of room and a huge trunk. For the size mpg is not bad either, but if you have a heavy foot the mpg goes down quickly.

Just had to Share
By Ivanna Drivitt on 05/20/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking for a car that was safe, comfortable with better than average gas mileage? This is it. This car is the most effortless driving experience I have ever had and I do 30k per year. The ride is quiet, compfortable and a joy for drive and passenger. I was used to driving big cars and never thought I could get used to a vehicle this size. Was I wrong. When I test drove this car I just wanted to keep going. If you are in the market for a car you must consider this one. Mileage is never bad. If you are looking for a superior value in an automobile, you just found it. This is a car that can be driven for a long time and then passed down to kids without them complaining. Drive safe.