Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Excellent car
By 08TaurusMO

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacement for my gas hog, it was like getting a raise! 24- 27 mixed driving. I am 6-2 280 and full size teen agers, all fit with room to spare, more than my Tahoe had! So far never back to dealer for anything. Has been an excellent car!

Room in car is great, plenty in front AND back

Maybe has a little rental car to much in its blood, oh well, it is what it is..........

Disapointed
By Disapointed

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus SEL for 1 year and 2 months and put 17K miles on it. Other than the engine noise around town & the reliability, I like the car, but the reliability is to the point I'm looking to buy Toyota or Honda. I get 24 on the highway, unlike 30+ as others say. The good: Nice design. Nice interior. Nice headroom. Good long distance car. The bad: In the year I had it, it's now been in the shop 8 times to fix problems. Currently in shop for 2 days to fix loud tapping noise when air is turned on/off. Last week it was in shop for 2 days to replace bearings on struts. A month before, replaced other bearings..all for squeak/grinding noise. Replaced rubber seal around door.

Replaced light bulbs in fron and back. The very next day after I bought the car, light went out on foglamp!

Improve the build quality and reliability. Too many little things are going wrong and although it's currently covered under warranty, I'm scared to death thinking of the cost of parts & and labor at $103/hour to fix this stuff after warranty. No more Fords for me!

Its back,and its american.
By john olsen

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We still own a 1994 taurus, and when we need a new car we bought this one. My what a great car, and its american. It is very quiet which was one of the most important factors as we looked around. The new engine seems to have plenty of power. The only thing I don't like is, I wish it had more room for your feet. Other than that the steering wheel tilt is kind of strange, two postions. My old Taurus has more.

Outside temp reading, interior, smoothness of the transmission. This is a great looking car.

Foot room

Definitely Drive One
By RS

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a wonderful car! Always liked the look of the 500 (more so the Taurus) and the safety features on this car are second to none. I have the Safety/Security Package, Comfort/Convenience Package, and the Reverse Sensing System. All of which were absolutely worth it. Looking for something to stuff a couple of child seats into and lug around the necessary stuff too. My friends chuckled at me when I got it. That is until I took them for a spin in it and then it was, "Wow!". My wife liked it so much, she went out and got a Taurus X a month later. Fords have come a long, long way and their tag line is spot on. Drive one, indeed.

Safety, visibility, "Command Seating", gobs of room, smoooooth ride, and super-duper quiet. The engine's got plenty of pep, and shifts smoothly too. Gets an acceptable 24 mpg in mixed driving but it's a big V6 for Pete's sake, not a hybrid!

Tilt/telescoping steering wheel and the radio's just so-so.

It's still a Ford
By GD

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While it's a sharp looking car, it's still a Ford. Disappointing highway mileage (26 mpg) is the biggest issue to me. Engine noise is a little to high and the interior quality looked a little cheap, and my cloth seats and plastic trim are already showing signs of wear and I take care of this car! I'm having transmission shift problems (as is another person I know who has one) and the car just developed a coolant leak that the dealer had to put dye in the coolant to find out where it's coming from. It is a sharp looking car though!

Sharp looking, very European. Huge trunk with folddown rear seats.

Better gas mpg, smoother transmission shifting, and overall build quality