2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Absolutley Phenomenal Car!
By Ryanrz on 02/25/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 42k+ miles a year so yes I drive a lot. After having some unexpected problems with my Camry I figured I'd give a Ford a try. Let me start out by saying this was a replacement for an 07 Camry XLE V6. My wife has a 08 Accord EXL. First of all it is so much more comfortable, my mileage is 28.5 on the highway and 20 in town. It has power to spare. It runs and drives worlds ahead of both my Camry and my wife's Honda. My Camry had 88k on it when I traded it in. Many problems with engine, cv issue, had rotors replaced under warranty, and tranny leaked at 85k. Was not cheap to repair. I am approaching 102k and have never seen a dealer for anything but regular maintainence. Unreal

It's Ford's flagship for a reason
By Frank on 02/10/09 06:57 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Although this it's technically my mother's car, I do most of the driving and this car is amazing! I had a '92 Taurus and this car is light years beyond it. The engine is smooth and powerful (you can't hear it running, I have to look at the tach to make sure sometimes). Very good fit and finish as well, interior is comfortable but my only gripe for the whole car is that the driver's side needs more room for your feet side to side. AWD is great, I was driving through snow banks, where my old FWD got hung up every time, with ease. No wheel slippage that I could even detect. Perhaps the best thing is the "command seating". You sit high and can see almost like you're in a pickup, it's great!

Taurus/500
By Don on 02/07/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 500 AWD which was an excellent car. Bought it used , ex rental, I drove it until 2008 and never put a penny into it except normal services. During that time I got 30mpg on the highway at posted speeds. If you put your foot down the mileage dropped like everything else on the road. Best big car I have had. In 2008 I had promised myself a new 500. When Ford changed the name I pretty well gave up until I tried it out. The car is not much different than the 500 except the trans and engine. Otherwise the Taurus is a 500. I have the sel AWD which handles better than anything else I have including a 2007 F150 4X4. This truck I leave parked during the winter and drive the car. Best car yet

Experience With New 2008 Ford Taurus
By Rom Buescher on 01/19/09 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In nearly 11,000 miles, I have found the car to be excellent. With 60 yrs, +900,000 miles, of driving experience in all makes of automobiles, I consider it one of the best cars I have ever purchased. It is comfortable, roomy, quiet, smooth, reliable, safe and peppy. I get >27 mpg hiway, 23.3 overall & I'm not a slow driver. Appearance - very good, finish - superb, both in & out. I'm baffled how your review can be so negative. I disagree with almost every rating, e.g. brakes are not mushy. I find them to be quick & very effective. Same for steering - precise with litle body roll & stable on all road conditions.

Great Value
By Keebler on 01/02/09 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has an incredible amount of interior room (front and back seats) and a huge trunk. Ride is very quiet and handling/acceleration is good. Fuel economy is decent for a car of this size; I am averaging 20 city/27 highway. I change my own oil and the placement of the oil filter is very convenient. I've had too many other cars where the filter is hard to reach or it is placed so that oil drips everywhere once removed.

Nice Car Great Quality
By iam4ralph on 12/22/08 12:15 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. We have found no quality concerns and my wife loves to drive this car. We are glad Ford decided to come back with the Taurus.

AWD
By mitch on 12/17/08 13:23 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been great. I live in the Sierra mountains, and the Taurus does great in the snow! I looked at a Lexus and MBZ. I am glad I went with the Taurus. A lot of people don't realize that Ford still makes the Taurus.

Definitely Drive One
By RS on 11/27/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a wonderful car! Always liked the look of the 500 (more so the Taurus) and the safety features on this car are second to none. I have the Safety/Security Package, Comfort/Convenience Package, and the Reverse Sensing System. All of which were absolutely worth it. Looking for something to stuff a couple of child seats into and lug around the necessary stuff too. My friends chuckled at me when I got it. That is until I took them for a spin in it and then it was, "Wow!". My wife liked it so much, she went out and got a Taurus X a month later. Fords have come a long, long way and their tag line is spot on. Drive one, indeed.

It's still a Ford
By GD on 11/06/08 17:37 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While it's a sharp looking car, it's still a Ford. Disappointing highway mileage (26 mpg) is the biggest issue to me. Engine noise is a little to high and the interior quality looked a little cheap, and my cloth seats and plastic trim are already showing signs of wear and I take care of this car! I'm having transmission shift problems (as is another person I know who has one) and the car just developed a coolant leak that the dealer had to put dye in the coolant to find out where it's coming from. It is a sharp looking car though!

Safe yet fun
By KnBama on 09/23/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow. Lots of room! I have the leather trim and moonroof which adds to the comfort. The trunk space is awesome for bat bags and luggage. If you need a safe full size sedan this is a great choice