2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Awesome car with an old name
By Craig H. on 03/22/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very comfortable car for larger size folks, the best part of this car is a consistantly fantastic fuel economy. On the interstate, cruise control set to 70 mph an awesome 31.5 MPG! A 20 gallon tank give me 400+ range. The power of this car is very nice, great acceleration, it's quiet with a very nice sound system. Hard to pass this car up, hands down beats the Accord and Buicks in overall comfort and economy..

I Love My New Taurus
By 423REED on 03/10/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was going to buy a Ford Escape or a Ford Edge, but my son said to try the new Taurus. I bought the Taurus SEL FWD, which is almost 200 lbs lighter than the Limited AWD. The Taurus 3.5L V6 engine with its 263 HP is as fast as my old 2004 Marauder with its V8 and 302 HP, but with 18/28 MPG! Its also just like a baby Lincoln. Probably the best sedan for the money around, considering its roominess, performance, handling, ride quality, quietness, and its build quality. I suffer from partial paralysis in my legs, so I need a car that I can get in&out of more easilty. The new Ford Command Seating allows me easy ingress/egress. I feel like a normal person again when I drive our new Taurus SEL!

New Taurus a hit
By 76TA89Jeep07MTN08Tau on 03/07/08 05:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being 6'-0" and with two teenagers my wife and I appreciate to full size of this car, along with the great mileage!

Best car I have ever owned
By captnmorgan on 02/29/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked around for about 2 weeks before I found this car. I had been looking at the Mercury Milan or a Fusion before I drove the 500 and decided to test drive a Taurus. I can say this is the best car I have ever driven. The overall quality is well above it's price. Most of my co- workers drive BMW and Mercedes and would rather have my car after looking at it.

Value Value!
By brucelinc on 01/04/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus is a screaming value. It simply rides and drives more "expensive" than it is. In addition, the level of standard equipment is impressive, considering the price. The 3.5 and 6 speed automatic work beautifully together. It is much smoother, more refined, quieter, and more powerful than the old Ford Five hundred.

Great Car.
By Midwest Dude on 12/18/07 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've put about 4,000 miles on since October. My first Ford and very impressed with the combination of space and mileage. Very quiet car on the road. We're able to stick 3 car seats in back which is very important for this young family. I've been driving on snow and ice recently and it feels very secure in those conditions. The ergonomics of the car are quite nice. My only complaint is I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. Lots of soft surfaces inside. The auto climate control has been the surprise feature for me. It works great and the fans are really pretty quiet. You set it to a temperature you like and never have to worry about messing with controls again. Good Job Ford!

Ford's big come back Car
By vloh on 11/02/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The big 4 never came close to the imports until now. Ford has outclassed all of the foreign cars that I've driven. Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, BMW 3 and 4 series, none of them come close to delivering what the Taurus has: Good value, unsurpassed quality, performance, comfort and beauty. I'm surprised to say that I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Ford Taurus. For this past 20 years, I've only driven the Taurus cars when I had to rent them or when I was required to drive one for the Army. I wasn't impressed with it before. I am now. It's the best car that I have ever owned. I can see having this car for this next 5 years or more. Good job Ford. Thanks for the redesign!

My 2008 Ford taurus
By jason rachkofski on 10/05/07 05:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to sell our Windstar and buy a 2008 Taurus. I'm amazed at the increase in power from the 3.0 to the 3.5 and the fuel economy seems to be the same.

Taurus is nice but rather bland
By Rome Man on 10/02/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this as a replacement for a 2005 500 SE with the CVT transmission. The new engine and transmission is better than the old 3.0/CVT setup for everyday driving and the ride is softer and quieter too. I like the interior better with richer looking woodgrains and improved fit and finish. The exterior is where my disappointment lies. This is where I like the 500 better. The rear end of the 08 Taurus looks plainer than the 500. The 500 also had body side moldings which help protect the sides of the car and broke up the tallness and plainess. Seems like this is happening on many new cars, a way for the manufacturers to cheapen the car and save money perhaps. Also a glovebox light would be nice

Best car yet
By m wilson on 09/27/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the the best cars Ford, or anyone else, ever built. I should know I have bought over 20 new vehicles in my lifetime. It is a cross between a Ford 500 and a Volvo. This car will holds its own with anything built in Europe or Japan. Has the ride of a Lexus, the handling of a small car, and the horsepower of an Audi. The biggest plus is it is huge- as big as a Crown Vic inside- and sill I am getting 27.5 MPG in combined driving. It is like paying for a Ford and being given a Lincoln.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Taurus Sedan in NJ is:

$185 per month*