Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Pleasant Surprise
By JWW

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used '08 Taurus with 1K miles. I think that this is a very underrated car. The interior is well finished with lots of features. Power is decent and fuel economy is better than expected. This is a lot of value for a VERY affordable price. It is a better car than Camry and Altima. It is very spacious in both interior and trunk. Drive one before you buy Japanese and you might be in for a surprise.

Good engine performance/economy. I like the space and price for what you get. The interior is much nicer than Japanese competition with leather, dual A/C and CD changer.

The car needs a telescoping steering column for tall drivers. Styling is bland but the new changes for 2010 will fix that.

I Like the Style
By Dave

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had this car now for five weeks, and I'm really getting to enjoy its comfortable ride. Although I'm the only one in the household, I chose this vehicle because of its high rating, its likable style, in and out. It's a fun car to drive and can't wait to take it on a trip. MPG for me are 24 mixed city/highway, hoping for 30+ on the highway.

I love the 6-CD audio system, the cream-colored leather seats (that was a must for me), and the higher- positioned seat.

I would like to see more leg room, widthwise, on the driver's side. It's too much like a mummy-shaped sleeping bag down at the foot pedals; it narrows too much. Make it wider in that area. In addition, the steering wheel is a little too far away with the seat back for me because of my height.

Excellent car
By 08TaurusMO

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacement for my gas hog, it was like getting a raise! 24- 27 mixed driving. I am 6-2 280 and full size teen agers, all fit with room to spare, more than my Tahoe had! So far never back to dealer for anything. Has been an excellent car!

Room in car is great, plenty in front AND back

Maybe has a little rental car to much in its blood, oh well, it is what it is..........

Disapointed
By Disapointed

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus SEL for 1 year and 2 months and put 17K miles on it. Other than the engine noise around town & the reliability, I like the car, but the reliability is to the point I'm looking to buy Toyota or Honda. I get 24 on the highway, unlike 30+ as others say. The good: Nice design. Nice interior. Nice headroom. Good long distance car. The bad: In the year I had it, it's now been in the shop 8 times to fix problems. Currently in shop for 2 days to fix loud tapping noise when air is turned on/off. Last week it was in shop for 2 days to replace bearings on struts. A month before, replaced other bearings..all for squeak/grinding noise. Replaced rubber seal around door.

Replaced light bulbs in fron and back. The very next day after I bought the car, light went out on foglamp!

Improve the build quality and reliability. Too many little things are going wrong and although it's currently covered under warranty, I'm scared to death thinking of the cost of parts & and labor at $103/hour to fix this stuff after warranty. No more Fords for me!

Its back,and its american.
By john olsen

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We still own a 1994 taurus, and when we need a new car we bought this one. My what a great car, and its american. It is very quiet which was one of the most important factors as we looked around. The new engine seems to have plenty of power. The only thing I don't like is, I wish it had more room for your feet. Other than that the steering wheel tilt is kind of strange, two postions. My old Taurus has more.

Outside temp reading, interior, smoothness of the transmission. This is a great looking car.

Foot room