2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A big surprise from Ford
By sontran on 06/14/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have used this wonderful sedan for a year. It is quiet, smooth, and very comfortable.I am sure if Ford continues this direction, it will get back to its previous place in the market. I used to have many Japanese cars, and thought never bought an American one. But this Taurus (my first try on American cars) has proved that Ford can make a good car if it wanted to. The Taurus is the kind of car everyone wants: high performance, comfort, affordable price, and save a lot of gas. On my last trip from San Jose to Los Angeles, I have got 30mpg with use of the cruise control.

Ford Has A Winner
By kwc on 05/20/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this is a hard car to beat in the sedan category. Nice ride, well laid out interior, I can listen to my ipod, plenty of room and a huge trunk. For the size mpg is not bad either, but if you have a heavy foot the mpg goes down quickly.

Just had to Share
By Ivanna Drivitt on 05/20/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking for a car that was safe, comfortable with better than average gas mileage? This is it. This car is the most effortless driving experience I have ever had and I do 30k per year. The ride is quiet, compfortable and a joy for drive and passenger. I was used to driving big cars and never thought I could get used to a vehicle this size. Was I wrong. When I test drove this car I just wanted to keep going. If you are in the market for a car you must consider this one. Mileage is never bad. If you are looking for a superior value in an automobile, you just found it. This is a car that can be driven for a long time and then passed down to kids without them complaining. Drive safe.

By GPalmer on 05/18/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now the car has 12K miles. Hasn't seen a shop, still quiet as day one, still a really great car! Now car- pooling with 4 adults: all are comfy and comment on how roomy and the quite ride. Really can't say how impressed I am with Ford for making a great car! This is a company car provided me; if they tried to recall it, I'd fight like mad to buy it!

2008 Ford Taurus SEL
By Mary E on 05/15/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband wanted large and luxury. I wanted mid sized and fun. I lost out as this car has not one sporty bone. This is a road numbing boat car, remniscent of the Olds 98 my parents drove in the 70's. You can steer it at low speeds with one finger. There is none of that Ford/German stiffness/road feel like in my 01 Taurus, which I still love. But this car doesn't get much less fuel economy than say the Malibu. It has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy, with the Interior Convenience Pkg which has good stuff included. And thankfully, Sync works great and is fun; cause I'm not having much other fun driving this car. It's just too big for my tastes.

Could be better
By SDS on 05/12/08 04:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased SEL with leather and Interior Convenience Pkg. Can't understand how some reveiws state MPG at 30 or higher, at 9000 miles, best is 18-19 city, 23-24 hgy at cruise cont.65. What's the secret? Agree w'smooth ride on highway, very nice, but city driving on roads with some rather insignificant bumps, experience loud thump in right rear and left front. Dealer tells me this is carry over from 500 model design and can't be fixed. Very disappointing. Takes away from the driving pleasure.

Fantastic Ford
By Just Some Guy on 04/29/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven Mercedes, Infinity and Hummer for 20 years so I never thought that I would buy a Ford. But, when gas hit 3.50 a gallon, I wanted better mileage. I stopped at a Ford dealership and drove a Taurus. I couldn't believe it. It is as solid as a Benz and it drives like a dream. The second day I owned it, I drove 1100 miles in one day. I just never got tired. What a great car. Ford should be proud. The 6 speed tranny is so smooth. I am more than impressed.

New Taurus
By mdennish on 04/28/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Big interior, trunk. Good handling, very quiet on hwy. Good mileage. Fit and finish above average. I am 6,4" and weigh 260 lbs and I have ample room.

Best Value Sport/Luxury Sedan
By tommygunn on 04/15/08 03:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My last two vehicles have been an Infinity M-45 and a Lexus GS-400. I would rate my Taurus right there with these two vehicles for much less money. I admit I drive my vehicles very hard and my Taurus is up for the task. Highway cruising at 75mph plus is a dream with a smooth comfortable ride and enough power to easily overtake slower vehicles when passing. The handling in city traffic is surprisingly good. I prefer a performance/luxury car and my Taurus fits the bill.

Finally an American car steps up!
By valleycars1 on 04/04/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a score for Ford! The fuel economy and safety are great, but what really sold me was the interior space. I am a 6'8" 300 pound man, and this car gives me room to spare. Mix all that together with the European design and this is the best American sedan i've ever driven.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.