2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: 2008 Ford Taurus SEL

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL
By Mary E on

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband wanted large and luxury. I wanted mid sized and fun. I lost out as this car has not one sporty bone. This is a road numbing boat car, remniscent of the Olds 98 my parents drove in the 70's. You can steer it at low speeds with one finger. There is none of that Ford/German stiffness/road feel like in my 01 Taurus, which I still love. But this car doesn't get much less fuel economy than say the Malibu. It has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy, with the Interior Convenience Pkg which has good stuff included. And thankfully, Sync works great and is fun; cause I'm not having much other fun driving this car. It's just too big for my tastes.

Comfy leather seats with contrast topstitching. Light stone is pretty. The interior convenience pkg provides just enough good stuff such as the auto air which works like a dream. Sync is my favorite thing, and the reverse sensor is good to have.

Get rid of the plastic wannabe woodgrain. It's cheap, and it scratches easily. Get good quality if you must put woodgrain in the car. Needs telescopic steering wheel!