Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Im diggin it!
By genog

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was all set to buy a SUV when i spotted this car and thought it was a Lincoln! Leather Interior,Nice Curves and cool black paint with Chrome accesories really grabbed my eye. Extremly roomy and comfortable interior,Nice sounds with the 6 disc CD Player. Crisp performance for a V6 and nice gas mileage and great handeling and ride made this car a pleasant suprise! Owning this car for 10 months has made me a believer that this car is a complete win for Ford! Great Job!

Leather Interior, Great line of vision out of the winshield,Nice sound system,Good gas mileage and very roomy with a HUGE trunk.

Would be nice if the trunk popped open when you hit the button. Its a pain when your carrying something to manually have to open the trunk.

Very nice car
By Richard

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Roomy, comfortable, plenty of power with good fuel economy, and nicely styled. I'm a happy owner. By today's standards it doesn't have all the bells and whistles (GPS, Sync, etc.) but still a very nice car with a very reasonable price.

After owning several vehicles with an outside temperature gauge it was disappointing to not have one on this car.

Not your father's Taurus
By JK

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

Uncommon features are standard and plentiful- fog lamps, power seats in both front, AC duct in rear seat area, digital display/ info system. We need a new cell phone for using Sync feature, but has some interesting looking uses. My prior Ford ownership experiences have mostly been good ones.

Shifts a little weird in slower neighborhood driving but not too bad. Do a better job trimming the trunk.

Ford has outdone themselves :D
By Mack

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car 4 days ago and I love it! At first I was iffy because of the past Taurus', but this one hasn't failed me! I love it! It has been getting great gas mileage, very roomy, the stereo is great w/ the 6 CD changer, the wood like finish, the 8 cup holders, and the storage! I love the way it looks inside and out! It's the perfect car for those who don't want the 4 cylinder or a V8! I searched for the car for me and this was it. I didn't go out of what was hot this year, but out of comfort and my likings. This fit everything. The style and comfort! I'm a V8 owner of a Ford Explorer XLT, and I love this V6 Taurus SEL. It gets me great gas mileage and saves me money!

All the space it has, the interior design, the seating, all 8 cup holders, the stereo system, the V6 engine, the overall comfort of it! I feel that I can keep this car when I start having kids and still rely on it :D :D

The seat sits too far from the steering wheel, even if you do tilt it and move the seat up to your comfort. The seat adjustments. I love that it's power, but I don't like the way it moves when trying to adjust the back, it's not comfortable.

Poor mileage/interior cabin noise
By Frank

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am flabbergasted, all these people stating outstanding mileage. it doesn't sound like my Ford Taurus SEL 2008. I am a conservative driver and this car has not given me l8mpg in the city I usually get about 14 mpg. When I drive out to Valley Stream (Nassau County) I might get 17 mpg, averaging 55 mph. Did Ford put the wrong nameplate on this car? (Joke)

This car is comfortable, the interior and trunk space are great. Regarding the quietness in the cabin, only on pristine roadways. In the Bronx we have many roads that are not too pristine, the roadway bumps and noise invade the cabin mercilessly, which makes listening to the radio next to impossible.

Seating up high, good visibility. Engine compartment, can see very easily what liquids need filling.

Wish that the doors would automatically lock after several minutes. As it is now the doors close after a 1/4 mile when driving.