2008 Ford Taurus SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sort Reviews by

Three Reasons To Buy This Car
By doctor who

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride, room (cabin and trunk), and a quiet cabin! The 2008 Taurus is large! It has the most back seat room and the largest trunk I have ever seen in a six-cylinder car, no contest! The new Taurus is heavier than the 2007 Five Hundred which gives it a smoother ride, but the Five Hundred was a little more nimble. Take it on the highway where it belongs! 3.5L engine is a significant improvement over the Five Hundred but acceleration has only been upgraded to adequate. Rather quiet cabin, turn on the radio and hear almost nothing outside! Glides over bumps in the road. The high seating position is great, and the (front) seats give good support for your back. Very comfortable inside.

Favorite Features

Truck space and rear seat room, plus the smooth ride and very quiet cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration could still be improved. Taking the on-ramp onto a busy highway requires you to floor the gas pedal to get on. The view through the rearview windshield is vertically narrow, but the large side-view windows compensate for this.

A Quantum Leap Forward
By PJ

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. The engine and transmission are enough to make it a quantum leap over the 500 that it replaced, but the interior refinements, cabin quiet, and overall feel are as impressive. The name change was not significant to me but the car is a home run. It is very responsive, very fast and very smooth.

Favorite Features

Horsepower makes it feel like a much more expensive sports sedan, great transmission

Suggested Improvements

Auto down and up feature on all 4 windows, 20 inch wheel option.

The Best Family Car
By Kyle

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned an Accord and kind of felt I might want to try a domestic, so I shopped around and saw a new Taurus. So far, I'm pleased with the fit and finish, quietness, and ample power from the new 3.5 liter engine. The AWD works great. Especically I like the spaciousness of the car in the back seat. My three kids has no problem with sitting together.

Favorite Features

A big trunk space. Ample engine power. Automatic transmission. Great fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

The front grille doesn't have characteristics. Now I see all the Fords with the same grille, although they are slightly different, but still please try something impressive.