Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Fantastic Value
By TheGraduate

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

More than enough power. Shifts are incredibly smooth; smoother than the 2008 LE-V6 Camry I drove recently; probably the smoothest transmission I've ever experienced, actually. Engine noise is very muted; most of what you do hear is the exhaust note, which is quiet, but has a nice sound to it, very smooth yet husky. Handling is secure, and the ride is very smooth without being floaty. Brakes respond nicely, without much extra pedal travel. Sync is a pleasure. Seats are broad and supportive, but lack much side bolstering. Makes for easy entry/exit but doesn't hold you tight in corners. The leather is soft and perforated. Stereo sound quality from the more basic 6CD system is great.

Favorite Features

SYNC, automatic headlamps, keypad entry on door, 263 hp with a true 28 mpg highway (recently took a 300 mile trip and averaged that, and it's not even broken in yet with only 400 miles on it). Dual climate control,

Suggested Improvements

Lighted glovebox. Sync controls replace volume controls on the steering wheel. Ford still allow volume control from the wheel with Sync. Fully adjustable rear-headrests should be included on the SEL, not just the Limited. Allow more gear selection options than just "D" and "L".

A big surprise from Ford
By sontran

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have used this wonderful sedan for a year. It is quiet, smooth, and very comfortable.I am sure if Ford continues this direction, it will get back to its previous place in the market. I used to have many Japanese cars, and thought never bought an American one. But this Taurus (my first try on American cars) has proved that Ford can make a good car if it wanted to. The Taurus is the kind of car everyone wants: high performance, comfort, affordable price, and save a lot of gas. On my last trip from San Jose to Los Angeles, I have got 30mpg with use of the cruise control.

Favorite Features

6-speed automatic

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs downshift quickly

Better than my Crown Vic
By CSS

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a 2002 performance package Crown vVc - and is the only car we liked when shopping for a new car. It drives like a much larger car and feels like a rear wheel drive car. We dislike front wheel drive torque steer common in so many of today's cars. The Taurus has none of that and has great road manners. I know it's not the fastest, or the sportiest, but it represents great a great balance of comfort, performance, utility and economy. To me that is the mark of a great car. This is a great car!

Favorite Features

We both love the upright seating position. Reminds me of a great car from the past, the Checker Marathon!

Suggested Improvements

Would only add two things, interior gas cap release and full power seat for the passenger.

Quality Job 1
By athleticcajun

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think that was Ford's motto a few years back. Well, with this car, they have achieved great quality! This is a great buy and a great car to own. I had a foreign car before this buy, and test drove the Fusion and the Taurus. They were both great rides, but the Taurus won me over because of the size and the same fuel economy as the smaller Fusion. Great job Ford!

Favorite Features

I love the new outside and inside features. Love the chrome front grille and the accessible features inside. Beautiful design and the ride is unbelievable! Awesome sound system and there is so much room!

Ford Has A Winner
By kwc

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this is a hard car to beat in the sedan category. Nice ride, well laid out interior, I can listen to my ipod, plenty of room and a huge trunk. For the size mpg is not bad either, but if you have a heavy foot the mpg goes down quickly.

Favorite Features

Five star crash test rating in all categories. ipod(mp3) player ready, big heavy car feel with 28-29 mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

Sport tuned suspension option, telescoping steering column.