2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Impressed
By jrhd97 on 11/30/13 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded an '04 Chevy Impala on this in July '09. What a great decision. The Impala was a rolling malfunction. We bought this car with 50,000 miles on it. It rode and handled great then. After replacing the tires with a much better tire the ride quality and noise level both became significantly better. Now with 130,000 miles on it she still runs like new. The only repair transmission oil cooler at 80,000 miles. The drivers side heated seat went out ( normal ) and haven't bothered to fix.

I'M A BELIEVER!!
By steve22406 on 12/18/12 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Honda my entire life and for me to go outside that field, was a HUGE challenge for me!!! But I have to say I am extremely pleased with what I had to go with! My wife's 2000 Honda Odyssey finally bit the dust and I wanted to move her into a smaller vehicle (ie: Accord). Well, where I work, we had no Accords that fit our budget at the time, and I was NOT putting her in a Hyundai or Toyota! So, the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited was my only other option. And let me tell you... What a ride!!! We love the performance and ride!! I only wish it came with bluetooth and a sunroof. But all said and done, it's a GREAT car!!

Great Car!
By Henry on 07/23/10 21:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Taurus Limited is possibly the most car you can get for the money today. Loaded w/leather, SYNC, Bluetooth, MP3, sunroof, all the latest safety features, plenty of interior room, a quiet, firm ride, silky transmission - I could go on and on. Bought mine used & could not be happier. I've owned Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and more. This car is one the imports should aspire to be! Also, driving Louisiana roads is no picnic, but the Taurus makes it much more bearable. Thanks for a great ride, Ford.

A Great Car
By Reggie on 01/17/10 14:30 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Expert or no expert this is simply a very good car!!. I am a fan of any car company when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. This car has everything I wanted and more! From safety to fuel economy, by far it is one of the best purchase of any car on the road. Hands down the 2008-09 Ford Taurus is the best car on the road for the money. I am not getting paid to advertise. All I can say is drive one and you will like what you see too!!

Old man's car? Not really!
By Roy on 10/22/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

John Force said "Drive one." I'm glad we did. This is one of the most comfortable cars we've ever owned. It's a Limited. Has everything but a sunroof, which I don't need. We bought it as an un-sold '08 in 2009 and got a great deal. So far 6,000 miles,no problems. My wife calls it an old man's car, but she doesn't see me nail it when I drive alone. It will scoot! Passengers have told us how comfortable the car is. Interior room and trunk space are fantastic. I love the hands free Sync phone and satellite radio. The styling could be better, but these days.... I'll never be happy with a look-alike car. Even so, I'll buy another. Maybe next time the SHO. Take John Force's advice. "Drive one!

Bad Rear Rotors
By baberalla on 08/14/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Took car in for 20K check up after having it inspected 6 months earlier. Found out that my rear brakes and rotors are bad. Asked how rear rotors would go bad after 20K miles. Was told manufacturing issue but they were not responsible. Also need new tires after 20K. Want to buy American but looks like Toyota may be getting a new customer.

WOW!!!!!!!!!
By John on 08/12/09 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford's for the past 30 years and I must say this is by far the best one. Among those Fords was a Lincoln Town Car signature series loaded and theis Taurus has it beat by a mile. Gas mileage is great (29 hwy 22 city). There is more room in this car then in the conversion van I use to own. Comfort is beyond reproach. I always buy used cars about one or two years old and add on extended warranty. I do not think (hope) I will need my 100,000 mile warranty on this vehicle. It is just great. Ford you need to bottle this up and keep it on the shelf for future models. Now is I could only figure out how to put a SHO engine from a 2010 into this 2008 I will be happy.

Absolutley Phenomenal Car!
By Ryanrz on 02/25/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 42k+ miles a year so yes I drive a lot. After having some unexpected problems with my Camry I figured I'd give a Ford a try. Let me start out by saying this was a replacement for an 07 Camry XLE V6. My wife has a 08 Accord EXL. First of all it is so much more comfortable, my mileage is 28.5 on the highway and 20 in town. It has power to spare. It runs and drives worlds ahead of both my Camry and my wife's Honda. My Camry had 88k on it when I traded it in. Many problems with engine, cv issue, had rotors replaced under warranty, and tranny leaked at 85k. Was not cheap to repair. I am approaching 102k and have never seen a dealer for anything but regular maintainence. Unreal

Experience With New 2008 Ford Taurus
By Rom Buescher on 01/19/09 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In nearly 11,000 miles, I have found the car to be excellent. With 60 yrs, +900,000 miles, of driving experience in all makes of automobiles, I consider it one of the best cars I have ever purchased. It is comfortable, roomy, quiet, smooth, reliable, safe and peppy. I get >27 mpg hiway, 23.3 overall & I'm not a slow driver. Appearance - very good, finish - superb, both in & out. I'm baffled how your review can be so negative. I disagree with almost every rating, e.g. brakes are not mushy. I find them to be quick & very effective. Same for steering - precise with litle body roll & stable on all road conditions.

Great Value
By Keebler on 01/02/09 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has an incredible amount of interior room (front and back seats) and a huge trunk. Ride is very quiet and handling/acceleration is good. Fuel economy is decent for a car of this size; I am averaging 20 city/27 highway. I change my own oil and the placement of the oil filter is very convenient. I've had too many other cars where the filter is hard to reach or it is placed so that oil drips everywhere once removed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.