Used 2008 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I call it the Lincoln Light
By Charles J. Cates

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a large heavy sedan, more like a Crown Victoria than the previous generation Taurus. It has surprisingly good acceleration "out of the hole" and merging onto the interstate is no problem for the naturally aspirated 3.5 Liter V-6. When you park the car or pull it into the garage is when you realize this is a full size car. OK it IS shorter than my '63 BelAir. It is quiet with little NVH. The stereo system in the limited sounds better than the system in my "man cave". The transmission shifts smoothly and seamlessly. I did notice a lack of power pulling some steep grades on U.S. 22 where we live in west central PA. The car was frequently downshifting for more power. The climate control system is easy to set and works well. The leather upholstery is attractive and wears well. The vinyl dash and trim is soft and does not have a hard plastic feel. The size of the display in the dash for miles, mpg, miles to empty, oil life etc. are a little too small for my liking or perhaps I'm showing my age. I'll be interested to see how this car performs in the winter time with front wheel drive and new Falken brand all season Touring radials. Though we have only owned this car for a few months we have been impressed with it. The only real gripe I have with the car is that there seems to be a corrosion problem on the alloy wheels that I can't seem to get off with anything that I have tried.

The most underrated car
By rmerch2000

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used at 80k miles and now have put on another 80k miles. The only thing I've had to do (besides scheduled maintenance) is ....now that I think about it, I haven't done anything besides the usual stuff! Its been a wonderful car and I love it. Whenever my friends get inside my car, they are shocked that they are in a TAURUS. Even though the thing is 6 years old, it still has a modern design.

Buttons. Buttons are hard to find in a car these days. Everything is unresponsive touch screens. The car itself is super comfy, but handles better than you'd expect. The sound system on the Limited puts out amazing sound, much better than my brothers Lexus IS350. The 6 cylinder engine provides plenty of pick up on the highway

The grill is essentially foil over plastic and can peel off, especially in harsh climates. The heated seats are TOO effective, and they burn out. Not a deal breaker though. The car somewhat lacks style, but who cares.

Impressed
By jrhd97

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded an '04 Chevy Impala on this in July '09. What a great decision. The Impala was a rolling malfunction. We bought this car with 50,000 miles on it. It rode and handled great then. After replacing the tires with a much better tire the ride quality and noise level both became significantly better. Now with 130,000 miles on it she still runs like new. The only repair transmission oil cooler at 80,000 miles. The drivers side heated seat went out ( normal ) and haven't bothered to fix.

The room is outstanding! The four of us can comfortably ride in any seat without feeling cramped. The back seat has more room than the front. Our 14 yr old is 6'2 and rides in comfort in the back. The engine has plenty of power. It has no trouble keeping up with traffic in TX with 80 & 85 mph speed limits. The truck has more room than many mid-size SUV's.

The sync function could be easier to utilize. I would like to see better fuel mileage. We get a combined 24.5.

I'M A BELIEVER!!
By steve22406

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Honda my entire life and for me to go outside that field, was a HUGE challenge for me!!! But I have to say I am extremely pleased with what I had to go with! My wife's 2000 Honda Odyssey finally bit the dust and I wanted to move her into a smaller vehicle (ie: Accord). Well, where I work, we had no Accords that fit our budget at the time, and I was NOT putting her in a Hyundai or Toyota! So, the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited was my only other option. And let me tell you... What a ride!!! We love the performance and ride!! I only wish it came with bluetooth and a sunroof. But all said and done, it's a GREAT car!!

Large Trunk, Passenger Volume, Mute Button.

Bluetooth, USB

Great Car!
By Henry

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Taurus Limited is possibly the most car you can get for the money today. Loaded w/leather, SYNC, Bluetooth, MP3, sunroof, all the latest safety features, plenty of interior room, a quiet, firm ride, silky transmission - I could go on and on. Bought mine used & could not be happier. I've owned Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and more. This car is one the imports should aspire to be! Also, driving Louisiana roads is no picnic, but the Taurus makes it much more bearable. Thanks for a great ride, Ford.

Interior room and feel. Quiet ride. Sync. Stability control. The transmission is so smooth, I have to look at the tach to know when it is shifting. Nice visibility all around (no blind spots). Cavernous trunk.

Better fuel economy. Instant mpg indicator. More logical heat/air cond controls.

• SUV