Used 2008 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
The most underrated car
By rmerch2000

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used at 80k miles and now have put on another 80k miles. The only thing I've had to do (besides scheduled maintenance) is ....now that I think about it, I haven't done anything besides the usual stuff! Its been a wonderful car and I love it. Whenever my friends get inside my car, they are shocked that they are in a TAURUS. Even though the thing is 6 years old, it still has a modern design.

Favorite Features

Buttons. Buttons are hard to find in a car these days. Everything is unresponsive touch screens. The car itself is super comfy, but handles better than you'd expect. The sound system on the Limited puts out amazing sound, much better than my brothers Lexus IS350. The 6 cylinder engine provides plenty of pick up on the highway

Suggested Improvements

The grill is essentially foil over plastic and can peel off, especially in harsh climates. The heated seats are TOO effective, and they burn out. Not a deal breaker though. The car somewhat lacks style, but who cares.

I'M A BELIEVER!!
By steve22406

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Honda my entire life and for me to go outside that field, was a HUGE challenge for me!!! But I have to say I am extremely pleased with what I had to go with! My wife's 2000 Honda Odyssey finally bit the dust and I wanted to move her into a smaller vehicle (ie: Accord). Well, where I work, we had no Accords that fit our budget at the time, and I was NOT putting her in a Hyundai or Toyota! So, the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited was my only other option. And let me tell you... What a ride!!! We love the performance and ride!! I only wish it came with bluetooth and a sunroof. But all said and done, it's a GREAT car!!

Favorite Features

Large Trunk, Passenger Volume, Mute Button.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, USB

A Great Car
By Reggie

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Expert or no expert this is simply a very good car!!. I am a fan of any car company when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. This car has everything I wanted and more! From safety to fuel economy, by far it is one of the best purchase of any car on the road. Hands down the 2008-09 Ford Taurus is the best car on the road for the money. I am not getting paid to advertise. All I can say is drive one and you will like what you see too!!

Favorite Features

Everything, from the interior and exterior. A well built car!!

Suggested Improvements

I had this car for a year now with no major problems at all.

Impressed
By jrhd97

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded an '04 Chevy Impala on this in July '09. What a great decision. The Impala was a rolling malfunction. We bought this car with 50,000 miles on it. It rode and handled great then. After replacing the tires with a much better tire the ride quality and noise level both became significantly better. Now with 130,000 miles on it she still runs like new. The only repair transmission oil cooler at 80,000 miles. The drivers side heated seat went out ( normal ) and haven't bothered to fix.

Favorite Features

The room is outstanding! The four of us can comfortably ride in any seat without feeling cramped. The back seat has more room than the front. Our 14 yr old is 6'2 and rides in comfort in the back. The engine has plenty of power. It has no trouble keeping up with traffic in TX with 80 & 85 mph speed limits. The truck has more room than many mid-size SUV's.

Suggested Improvements

The sync function could be easier to utilize. I would like to see better fuel mileage. We get a combined 24.5.

Great Car!
By Henry

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Taurus Limited is possibly the most car you can get for the money today. Loaded w/leather, SYNC, Bluetooth, MP3, sunroof, all the latest safety features, plenty of interior room, a quiet, firm ride, silky transmission - I could go on and on. Bought mine used & could not be happier. I've owned Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and more. This car is one the imports should aspire to be! Also, driving Louisiana roads is no picnic, but the Taurus makes it much more bearable. Thanks for a great ride, Ford.

Favorite Features

Interior room and feel. Quiet ride. Sync. Stability control. The transmission is so smooth, I have to look at the tach to know when it is shifting. Nice visibility all around (no blind spots). Cavernous trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. Instant mpg indicator. More logical heat/air cond controls.