Used 2008 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Excellent Large Sedan
By snarlyyow

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had originally intended to purchase a Honda Fit from the used car dealer. One thing led to another and I dug this Taurus sitting on the lot. It was a handsome design and, honest to God, I didn't even know they still made Taurus'. I did some homework and bought the car a few days later with just over 80k on the engine. It's been over a year since then I've put nearly 40k on the engine in the last 15 months. The Taurus has been through its paces, that's fer sure. And at this point I think I can give it a half decent review. Pros: It's been totally reliable. I've recorded 26 mpg with the AC running. And it looks real nice washed up. Cons: It's abundantly dull to drive.

I love how much room the Taurus has. I'm never embarrassed to ask adults to sit in the large back seats. The trunk is massive, so large that I don't clean it nearly as often as I should. And, as I said before, it looks great even after five years on the market. Apparently it's also really safe though I've luckily not had to test that feature. It has some power if you ask it to but it doesn't seem to like it much. It's much happier to cruise and rides like a champ.

I'm short and the seats on long drives can get uncomfortable.

Best car I have owned
By 32cars

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 years, about 30,000 miles and still love it. On a trip with 4 people, and all the luggage, we got 28 mpg, although around town it is more like 22-23 mpg. My 6'3" son can sit behind me with my seat all the way back and his knees do not touch the front seat. This is my 32nd vehicle, and it is my favorite (although my Suburban Z-71 is great also, but that is more of a truck). It has been reliable, very fun to drive. My previous favorite car was an older Volvo that I bought new, this one has even better design, more power, better gas mileage, and shares the high seating that seems safer on the road today. Have not found anything I am not happy with on this car!

Interior space and finish. Power MPG Looks over all and interior Huge Trunk Large gas tank 20 gal. Good visibility ease of entry and exit

Had to buy an aftermarked adapter to have my iPod show up on the radio and work with the steering wheel controls.

Im diggin it!
By genog

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was all set to buy a SUV when i spotted this car and thought it was a Lincoln! Leather Interior,Nice Curves and cool black paint with Chrome accesories really grabbed my eye. Extremly roomy and comfortable interior,Nice sounds with the 6 disc CD Player. Crisp performance for a V6 and nice gas mileage and great handeling and ride made this car a pleasant suprise! Owning this car for 10 months has made me a believer that this car is a complete win for Ford! Great Job!

Leather Interior, Great line of vision out of the winshield,Nice sound system,Good gas mileage and very roomy with a HUGE trunk.

Would be nice if the trunk popped open when you hit the button. Its a pain when your carrying something to manually have to open the trunk.

Very nice car
By Richard

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Roomy, comfortable, plenty of power with good fuel economy, and nicely styled. I'm a happy owner. By today's standards it doesn't have all the bells and whistles (GPS, Sync, etc.) but still a very nice car with a very reasonable price.

After owning several vehicles with an outside temperature gauge it was disappointing to not have one on this car.

Not your father's Taurus
By JK

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

Uncommon features are standard and plentiful- fog lamps, power seats in both front, AC duct in rear seat area, digital display/ info system. We need a new cell phone for using Sync feature, but has some interesting looking uses. My prior Ford ownership experiences have mostly been good ones.

Shifts a little weird in slower neighborhood driving but not too bad. Do a better job trimming the trunk.