2008 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent Large Sedan
By snarlyyow on 11/30/13 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had originally intended to purchase a Honda Fit from the used car dealer. One thing led to another and I dug this Taurus sitting on the lot. It was a handsome design and, honest to God, I didn't even know they still made Taurus'. I did some homework and bought the car a few days later with just over 80k on the engine. It's been over a year since then I've put nearly 40k on the engine in the last 15 months. The Taurus has been through its paces, that's fer sure. And at this point I think I can give it a half decent review. Pros: It's been totally reliable. I've recorded 26 mpg with the AC running. And it looks real nice washed up. Cons: It's abundantly dull to drive.

Best car I have owned
By 32cars on 12/01/11 13:40 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 years, about 30,000 miles and still love it. On a trip with 4 people, and all the luggage, we got 28 mpg, although around town it is more like 22-23 mpg. My 6'3" son can sit behind me with my seat all the way back and his knees do not touch the front seat. This is my 32nd vehicle, and it is my favorite (although my Suburban Z-71 is great also, but that is more of a truck). It has been reliable, very fun to drive. My previous favorite car was an older Volvo that I bought new, this one has even better design, more power, better gas mileage, and shares the high seating that seems safer on the road today. Have not found anything I am not happy with on this car!

Im diggin it!
By genog on 02/22/11 02:30 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was all set to buy a SUV when i spotted this car and thought it was a Lincoln! Leather Interior,Nice Curves and cool black paint with Chrome accesories really grabbed my eye. Extremly roomy and comfortable interior,Nice sounds with the 6 disc CD Player. Crisp performance for a V6 and nice gas mileage and great handeling and ride made this car a pleasant suprise! Owning this car for 10 months has made me a believer that this car is a complete win for Ford! Great Job!

Very nice car
By Richard on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Roomy, comfortable, plenty of power with good fuel economy, and nicely styled. I'm a happy owner. By today's standards it doesn't have all the bells and whistles (GPS, Sync, etc.) but still a very nice car with a very reasonable price.

Not your father's Taurus
By JK on 08/11/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

Ford has outdone themselves :D
By Mack on 05/03/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car 4 days ago and I love it! At first I was iffy because of the past Taurus', but this one hasn't failed me! I love it! It has been getting great gas mileage, very roomy, the stereo is great w/ the 6 CD changer, the wood like finish, the 8 cup holders, and the storage! I love the way it looks inside and out! It's the perfect car for those who don't want the 4 cylinder or a V8! I searched for the car for me and this was it. I didn't go out of what was hot this year, but out of comfort and my likings. This fit everything. The style and comfort! I'm a V8 owner of a Ford Explorer XLT, and I love this V6 Taurus SEL. It gets me great gas mileage and saves me money!

Poor mileage/interior cabin noise
By Frank on 03/10/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am flabbergasted, all these people stating outstanding mileage. it doesn't sound like my Ford Taurus SEL 2008. I am a conservative driver and this car has not given me l8mpg in the city I usually get about 14 mpg. When I drive out to Valley Stream (Nassau County) I might get 17 mpg, averaging 55 mph. Did Ford put the wrong nameplate on this car? (Joke) This car is comfortable, the interior and trunk space are great. Regarding the quietness in the cabin, only on pristine roadways. In the Bronx we have many roads that are not too pristine, the roadway bumps and noise invade the cabin mercilessly, which makes listening to the radio next to impossible.

My Taurus
By jaredb on 07/28/09 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I liked the Taurus from the first time I saw it. Not impressed with the gas mileage though. I average 18mpg. The engine is strong, smooth ride, plenty of interior room and trunk space, nice stitching on the seats. The stitching is darker than the camel color seats I have which makes cleaning easier. The trunk space has as much room as my 2007 Explorer minus the height. I am totally satisfied with this vehicle.

My second Taurus
By Danny J. on 07/23/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Taurus was a 97 model. It currently has over 215k miles on it with no major issues and is still going strong(we did not trade it in). That's the main reason we decided on the Taurus when it was time for another vehicle. We have only had it a few months but we are well pleased with the new design. It's comfortable on long trips even for my 6ft frame and is a pleasure to drive. The dual air, multi disk cd changer and other new amenities make road trips much more comfortable. The huge trunk also makes it easier to bring everything we need.

Not your old Taurus
By Gary in WI on 05/05/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a one year old Taurus SEL with leather and the major convenience group (auto climate control, 6 CD changer etc.). Overall, I have been extremely pleased with the car -- absolutely no problems. I have a couple of previous Tauruses, most recently an '06 SEL and there is no comparison to the current version. The older cars were OK, but they were basically appliances to get you from point A to point B. The current version is much more refined, favorably comparing to near-luxury cars such as the Toyota Avalon and for a bargain price! (No kidding, when guests ride in the car, they are surprised to find out it's a Taurus).

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.