Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Cruiser
By Mark Bu

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus line is know to be reliable and safe. I purchased this 2008 Ford Taurus (SEL) 3.5 Lt to offer long term reliability while getting a low purchase price. Car at 67,000 miles (less than 1 month of purchase) does NOT have a working A/C system. Currently at dealer I purchased hoping they can find the source of leak.
I purchased lower profile and wider tires as it felt boaty and a slight rock back and forth. Changing the tires to top of the line - Continental Grand Touring Pure-Contact tires made a hugh difference in feeling solid and no sway feel.
After driving it around for one month, I would have to say this would be a great cruising car on the highways. It is very solid, sound proof and is so comfortable inside. However, to be used around town or to zip in and out of traffic, this car is NOT. Mileage is not very good in my book but for a 2008 it actually is good if that makes sense. If used on the highway, I am sure is would get 25-26 miles per gallon. True round the town is probably in the 20 mpg range.
One thing I did notice about this car was the extensive rusting of the cars frame. I believe I read about this before buying this car. I placed it on the dealers lift before buying and would have to say it is the worst rusting of any under belly of any car I have ever seen. Car was a one owner in the hills of PA. I will purchase spray cans of a very expensive product sold buy Eastwood to slow or stop the rusting process.
Again, I would purchase this car if you don't have to drive much and if you did, it should be a highway vehicle to get the most out of your money.

2008 Taurus
By Bill

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First off im a Chevy guy and my son bought this car and then I bought it from him. My son had the car for 3 years with no trouble at all and he wanted a new mustang so I bought this from him and I love the car. It gets great gas mileage and handles very well in all climates. the acceleration is right up there with my 90 corvette and I must say I am very impressed with the car. Ford has done these engines right and now im thinking of looking into some ford vehicles( just looking cause im a chevy guy). overall the Taurus has performed better than I ever imagined and I wish I had bought it earlier but it was a good car for my son and served him well. Its a 2008 with 81k miles and I feel it will be in the family for a long time. If you are looking for a great family car or just want a reliable ride then this is it, you wont be disappointed.

beware used
By Mark

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many issues with steering rack with this car. Did not show up on research until specifically looked for steering issues. Loose all power steering and extremly difficukt to make turns. This is common problem and ford refuses to issue recall. Had to have replaced 6 months after purchase last year. Avoid this veichle.

Florida tripper
By Cliff

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car with 136000 miles and had it 2 weeks and took a 4300 mile trip to Florida. We got great mileage, up wards of 34 mpg, and at 6'2" I found the car to be very comfortable. Just don't try to sleep in it overnight... The car performed flawlessly, smooth shifting, took mountains like they weren't even there. If you are looking for that big car feel GET ONE. Had a tough winter here in Wisconsin and the Taurus did great. It went thru snow and ice very well, the traction control kept me feeling very safe. We have almost 146000 now and still running great.

I call it the Lincoln Light
By Charles J. Cates

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a large heavy sedan, more like a Crown Victoria than the previous generation Taurus. It has surprisingly good acceleration "out of the hole" and merging onto the interstate is no problem for the naturally aspirated 3.5 Liter V-6. When you park the car or pull it into the garage is when you realize this is a full size car. OK it IS shorter than my '63 BelAir. It is quiet with little NVH. The stereo system in the limited sounds better than the system in my "man cave". The transmission shifts smoothly and seamlessly. I did notice a lack of power pulling some steep grades on U.S. 22 where we live in west central PA. The car was frequently downshifting for more power. The climate control system is easy to set and works well. The leather upholstery is attractive and wears well. The vinyl dash and trim is soft and does not have a hard plastic feel. The size of the display in the dash for miles, mpg, miles to empty, oil life etc. are a little too small for my liking or perhaps I'm showing my age. I'll be interested to see how this car performs in the winter time with front wheel drive and new Falken brand all season Touring radials. Though we have only owned this car for a few months we have been impressed with it. The only real gripe I have with the car is that there seems to be a corrosion problem on the alloy wheels that I can't seem to get off with anything that I have tried.