2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent Large Sedan
By snarlyyow on 11/30/13 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had originally intended to purchase a Honda Fit from the used car dealer. One thing led to another and I dug this Taurus sitting on the lot. It was a handsome design and, honest to God, I didn't even know they still made Taurus'. I did some homework and bought the car a few days later with just over 80k on the engine. It's been over a year since then I've put nearly 40k on the engine in the last 15 months. The Taurus has been through its paces, that's fer sure. And at this point I think I can give it a half decent review. Pros: It's been totally reliable. I've recorded 26 mpg with the AC running. And it looks real nice washed up. Cons: It's abundantly dull to drive.

Impressed
By jrhd97 on 11/30/13 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded an '04 Chevy Impala on this in July '09. What a great decision. The Impala was a rolling malfunction. We bought this car with 50,000 miles on it. It rode and handled great then. After replacing the tires with a much better tire the ride quality and noise level both became significantly better. Now with 130,000 miles on it she still runs like new. The only repair transmission oil cooler at 80,000 miles. The drivers side heated seat went out ( normal ) and haven't bothered to fix.

I'M A BELIEVER!!
By steve22406 on 12/18/12 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Honda my entire life and for me to go outside that field, was a HUGE challenge for me!!! But I have to say I am extremely pleased with what I had to go with! My wife's 2000 Honda Odyssey finally bit the dust and I wanted to move her into a smaller vehicle (ie: Accord). Well, where I work, we had no Accords that fit our budget at the time, and I was NOT putting her in a Hyundai or Toyota! So, the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited was my only other option. And let me tell you... What a ride!!! We love the performance and ride!! I only wish it came with bluetooth and a sunroof. But all said and done, it's a GREAT car!!

2008 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
By andysamuels on 02/23/12 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Ford Taurus SEL AWD is a great upgrade from the 2003 Lincoln LS Sport V8 I used to drive. The Taurus has a lot more room in the cabin, a much bigger trunk and AWD. The AWD makes a world of difference: in rain and snow the Lincoln LS was a death trap. Unfortunately the finishing of the trim of the Taurus is not up the Lincoln standard but I guess that is to be expected. I was able to install factory navigation myself so that was a nice bonus. I also bought the Taurus really cheap so I got a lot of value for money (definitely an under appreciated car)

Best car I have owned
By 32cars on 12/01/11 13:40 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 years, about 30,000 miles and still love it. On a trip with 4 people, and all the luggage, we got 28 mpg, although around town it is more like 22-23 mpg. My 6'3" son can sit behind me with my seat all the way back and his knees do not touch the front seat. This is my 32nd vehicle, and it is my favorite (although my Suburban Z-71 is great also, but that is more of a truck). It has been reliable, very fun to drive. My previous favorite car was an older Volvo that I bought new, this one has even better design, more power, better gas mileage, and shares the high seating that seems safer on the road today. Have not found anything I am not happy with on this car!

Solid Car
By pointswest on 09/22/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car to give to daughter. I have driven it the most , not a sporty riding car , but comfortable , quiet, good mileage, and dependable. Has a huge trunk and the rear and front passenger seat fold flat. One trip we filled the trunk with luggage , when we arrived thought we would treat ourselves and take a stretch limo from the airport to hotel ... the driver almost broke his trunk lid ( and our luggage) I recommended he trade the limo for a stretch Taurus .

IF USED DO NOT BUY
By monaw on 08/28/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my 2008 Ford Taurus Sedan limited 5/28/2011. My car look great but I learn after purchase, within the ninety day of the warranty. That the car in reverse gose forward and both feet has to be on brake/gas to back up. My car was towed because it would not start, then I took it back after they return my car back to me because the dianogstic only concluded a battery was needed; however I return with my car to explain what is acrruing while driving and parking the car.Art test drive the car with me returning back to the dealer, telling me that nothing was wrong with my car. He stated he knew it wasn't the transmission and they were not going to check the transmission at all.

Im diggin it!
By genog on 02/22/11 02:30 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was all set to buy a SUV when i spotted this car and thought it was a Lincoln! Leather Interior,Nice Curves and cool black paint with Chrome accesories really grabbed my eye. Extremly roomy and comfortable interior,Nice sounds with the 6 disc CD Player. Crisp performance for a V6 and nice gas mileage and great handeling and ride made this car a pleasant suprise! Owning this car for 10 months has made me a believer that this car is a complete win for Ford! Great Job!

Very nice car
By Richard on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Roomy, comfortable, plenty of power with good fuel economy, and nicely styled. I'm a happy owner. By today's standards it doesn't have all the bells and whistles (GPS, Sync, etc.) but still a very nice car with a very reasonable price.

Not your father's Taurus
By JK on 08/11/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.