First thoughts since buying a used SEL
By Pete on
2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
My 1998 Mercury Sable GS, which I bought 3rd owner, for $1000, and lasted 4 years, had to go bye-bye. It was BEAT! but the engine and tranny were excellent. So what do I get my wife now?? We happily found a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, sure it has 73G miles, but it runs and looks excellent. 2nd owner, was an old fellas car, did a lot of trips. Black exterior, Tan leather interior, all options I can see, power everything, sunroof, 6CD changer. And after a couple of trips we are averaging 31 MPG out on the Highway! WOW! Doesn't matter if windows and sunroof open or AC is on, same mileage. Ride is terrific for us. Nice seating. Roomy (I am 6-2 260!). Smooth at a Cruise locked 55 MPH. Quiet.
Favorite Features
The Sunroof!! 6 CD changer. Display features. Seats are very comfortable. For a "Fleet Car" I say this holds a candle to no one. We are a Family that is looking for a reliable Family Vehicle to get from Point A to B, and is affordable to by and maintain. This car does that. Easily Serviced.
Suggested Improvements
Make Motorcraft oil either Full Synthetic, or Full Conventional. I Use Quaker State 5w20 Full Synthetic and the MC 400S filter, I also added K&N air filter. The interior gasket for sunroof needs to be secured better. Maybe a better way to make access panel for Sunroof motor. Otherwise, Good job.