One of the best values on the road
By TVGuy on
2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Purchased this to replace a 1990 Mercury Sable my daughter totaled. My son has a 2006 ex-Hertz Taurus that has been flawless. Bought the 2007 from Hertz, less than 30k miles for less than $10k with a 7 year, 100k mile warranty. My friends who spent nearly $30k on Camry's and Accords are shocked at how well it stacks up to their cars, and cry when they realize I bought Taurus' for $10k than their one car. Cheaper to insure too, and should be cheaper to fix too when repairs are necessary. Averaging 22 mpg overall, hit 27 on a road trip. I hear trannies can be an issue, but with the Ford warranty, it won't be my headache until after 100k miles.
Favorite Features
Combination trip odometer, mpg and stopwatch is neat, but have no idea why I would ever need the stopwatch. Comfortable seating, lots of room, big trunk and the rear seat folds down for more room. Big, safe, and easy to drive, especially for my 2 young drivers.
Suggested Improvements
The Taurus/Sable have always been lower than most other cars. Knew that after driving the Sable 18 years. Have to be careful not to scrape the front on cement parking bumpers. And getting in and out would be easier if a few inches higher.