Great car....except
By smartaspaint on
2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.
Suggested Improvements
I suggest that they make cars that don't die randomly while you're driving them or at least figure out how to diagnose such issues.
By jersharocks
on 07/25/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

Did you ever figure it out? I had this issue with my car and it ended up being a faulty relay. It was also causing the electronic components of the car to act up (gauges jumping, electric locks not working, etc).