Decent car for the price
By gary5639 on
2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car with 32K miles for $10,000. Now it's got 143K miles. Over the years it's had some problems, an alternator, wheel bearings, idle valve, and an AC compressor. I've had it in 14 states and lots of highway miles. I've used it for business and now it's my son's car. Overall it has not had a easy life but done very well. Yes there are better cars, but for the price this is a great value. The AC cools good in the Texas heat, it rides and drives good and is comfortable. It will get about 20mpg around town and 26 / 27 on the highway. Good value.
By derpy
on 04/19/14 23:55 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2007 Ford Taurus at a year end clearance event back in feb. of 2008. I`ve had it for 6 years, it was a great car up until it hit about 115k miles. then seemingly all at once, the suspension went bad. Had replaced all struts (complete w/mount, and springs) all the way around, sway link bars, ball joints, plus now the steering is bad. sitting at 130k miles the rack, and pinion, inner, and outer tie rods and ends, plus the steering knuckles are need replacing. After finding out from a local dealership machanic that it`s common for this year`s model to go through suspension, and steering every 100k miles. I`m a bit turned off by the car. Great otherwise, just expect it in the shop every 6 or so years (or 100k miles) for a couple grand in repairs.